Raise The Debt Limit Already!

No you dummy, I'm talking about the poisonous partisanship spewed by both liberal and conservative bloggers, journalists, tv and radio personalities. And yes, Krugman has been guilty of this MANY times.

You are part of the problem, I was just discussing with Birdog how too many people take marching orders from their favorite pundits and how we see it parroted here the next following day. The other day you were inferring the S&P's rationale for the downgrade due to the Tea Party and you were using their statements as what you perceived to be validation of your flawed, distorted and partisan mental ability to incorrectly interpret things for how they really are. But once you began to read what your leaders were beginning to say about the S&P, just like a good sheep, you began to parrot their statements.

Read below

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60870.html

Coincidence? :lol:

You attribute a quote to Krugman and provide a link that has nothing he said in it and I'm the problem? Ha! You are a charature of what you supposidly attacking!

Let's be real here, you have to admit that S&P has serous credibility problems, yes?

The S&P said "Your financial house is not in order, mostly due to the way you just handled the debt ceiling and due to uncertainty about how you're going to cut spending."

Obama said, "You guys at the S&P are jerks."

Whether he's right or wrong, don't you think Obama looks like is a petulent child by getting bogged down in that instead of putting on his big boy pants and saying, "The S&P's downgrade is a warning that we need to get to work on this problem of partisan asshattery. Let's get to work on fixing that, starting with coming up with a plan to enact the promised spending cuts."

Too much to ask of Obama or you to take the high road, I know.

Obama is bogged down in attacking S&P? Whatever man. You are funny

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You attribute a quote to Krugman and provide a link that has nothing he said in it and I'm the problem? Ha! You are a charature of what you supposidly attacking!

Let's be real here, you have to admit that S&P has serous credibility problems, yes?

No, again you missed the point and I'm not gonna explain it again to you, if you wish to know my explanations on this topic go back and reread my comments in this thread. You and I both know you are partisan hack.

In regards to the S&P, they are no different than the rest of the ratings agencies. I have always contended that the structure of the ratings agencies is a deeply flawed one simply because of the vested conflict of interest that lies within these agencies, between their business model and actual ratings. I have written about this topic not only in this thread or perhaps it was in the other one, but in a few other threads going back a couple years now.

Having said that, there is no conflict of interest when it comes to rating sovereign debt, considering that the US doesn't pay them to rate their debt. If anything, they've shown more backbone than the other agencies. Bill Gross and Ken Rogoff, two of the most respected peeps when it comes to sovereign bonds both agree that the US deserves a down-grade in their debt.

I wonder when the administration will STFU. God he talks too much. At what point will be realize that his every word saying that the USA deserves AAA rating is more gas on the flame.

Sorry 3rdnlong, today Obama earns your label. Idiot.

You can have it back tomorrow though.

I wonder when the administration will STFU. God he talks too much. At what point will be realize that his every word saying that the USA deserves AAA rating is more gas on the flame.

Sorry 3rdnlong, today Obama earns your label. Idiot.

You can have it back tomorrow though.

BTW Jackie Chiles, you stalking little pissant, I responded to you in the "London is Burning" thread.

OCinBuffalo...never voted in a presidential election. So grown up.

Now you get to stop complaining. You lost your right to do so.

Ok tithead, go ahead and post your voting record....and then be prepared to defend it. Good luck. :thumbsup::lol: This will be an exercise in your silliness.

Thanks to your vote for Obama, we have chaos. If anybody should be losing rights here, it should be Obama voters. How much time did you actually spend researching this guy before you pulled the lever? None? Did listening to Chris Mathews talk about the feeling up his leg close the deal for you? How much time did you spend researching McCain? None?

Before you say anything about me, perhaps you should commit to putting the same level of work I do into voting, for every level of office, or, as the case may be, not voting. Or do you want to continue getting told who to vote for by the clowns in Old City or on South Street, so you can be "cool" too?

Notice: I never said I haven't voted for anything. I only said President. I said that partially because it's true, and, partially because I knew it would catch tools drawing sweeping conclusions based on sweeping assumptions, and it would certainly crush the "you didn't vote for an idiot, therefore, you're not doing your job as an American" nonsense. You just happened to be the tool that was caught this time.

Ok tithead, go ahead and post your voting record....and then be prepared to defend it. Good luck. :thumbsup::lol: This will be an exercise in your silliness.

Thanks to your vote for Obama, we have chaos. If anybody should be losing rights here, it should be Obama voters. How much time did you actually spend researching this guy before you pulled the lever? None? Did listening to Chris Mathews talk about the feeling up his leg close the deal for you? How much time did you spend researching McCain? None?

I didn't vote for either of them. Thanks for playing though.

Notice: I never said I haven't voted for anything. I only said President.

And I said "OCinBuffalo...never voted in a presidential election. So grown up." So though you're going to try to make the point that I jumped to a conclusion, I didn't. Except you're a narcissist.

I said that partially because it's true, and, partially because I knew it would catch tools drawing sweeping conclusions based on sweeping assumptions, and it would certainly crush the "you didn't vote for an idiot, therefore, you're not doing your job as an American" nonsense. You just happened to be the tool that was caught this time.

I just said that your pride in not voting for president tells me not to care about your bitching like the little priss you are.

Just making it easier for you to stalk me so you have more time to chase ambulances, you little pissant.

I do nothing like that but I know you have job envy so keep it up. Maybe someday I will hit you in my car and you can call one of those guys. You seem to have them on your mind.

I didn't vote for either of them. Thanks for playing though.

Then, by your own standard, you no different than me. :wacko: WTF? Nice hypocrisy. You think it's OK to not only contradict yourself, but that you are perfectly justified in doing it: but I am the narcissist? :lol: Yes, I'm the one who thinks so highly of myself that my own standards don't apply to me, you are just "appreciating nuance", right?. :lol:

Don't give me the "I threw away my vote on a third party" crap either. You live in PA. PA is a swing state. Your single vote matters a lot more than somebody who lives in Alabama or New York.

I notice you didn't provide your votes for any other election. That is because you cannot defend them, and you know it! So spare me the BS.

Laughably pathetic.

Then, by your own standard, you no different than me. :wacko: WTF? Nice hypocrisy. You think it's OK to not only contradict yourself, but that you are perfectly justified in doing it: but I am the narcissist? :lol: Yes, I'm the one who thinks so highly of myself that my own standards don't apply to me, you are just "appreciating nuance", right?. :lol:

Don't give me the "I threw away my vote on a third party" crap either. You live in PA. PA is a swing state. Your single vote matters a lot more than somebody who lives in Alabama or New York.

I notice you didn't provide your votes for any other election. That is because you cannot defend them, and you know it! So spare me the BS.

Laughably pathetic.

Right, because not voting is the same as voting for someone else.

Why the #$%^ would you want to review my presidential votes? I guess if you worship me that much, I'll throw you a bone. I'm not going to justify each one because you barely deserve what I'm giving you.

1992 - HW Bush

1996 - Browne

2000 - Browne

2004 - Crippen

2008 - Barr (gag)

Edited by Peace

Right, because not voting is the same as voting for someone else.

Why the #$%^ would you want to review my presidential votes? I guess if you worship me that much, I'll throw you a bone. I'm not going to justify each one because you barely deserve what I'm giving you.

1992 - HW Bush

1996 - Browne

2000 - Browne

2004 - Crippen

2008 - Barr (gag)

Seriously have to question your vote for an a-hole.

Seriously have to question your vote for an a-hole.

:lol:

Knew I wouldn't have to say a word, as others would be critical immediately. How did I know? Because it is obvious to me that Peace is one of these people that thinks throwing his vote away is somehow better than treating it like the sacred thing that it is. Worse, peace is one of these people that thinks throwing his vote away makes him BETTER than everybody else.

Peace doesn't understand: my vote is not disposable, and I refuse to throw it away. I also refuse to grant it to someone who clearly doesn't deserve it. Example: given the choice between McCain and Hillary, I would have voted for Hillary. :o Why? Because for all her silliness, she knows how to run the country, and she is about results, not attention(McCain).

But, I didn't get that option did I? Instead, we end up with Mr. Incompetent. Who do we have to thank for that? The far left.

Another example of why we should NEVER listen to them.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Knew I wouldn't have to say a word, as others would be critical immediately. How did I know? Because it is obvious to me that Peace is one of these people that thinks throwing his vote away is somehow better than treating it like the sacred thing that it is. Worse, peace is one of these people that thinks throwing his vote away makes him BETTER than everybody else.

Are you saying voting third-party is per se throwing your vote away, or voting for a candidate you don't believe in is throwing your vote away, regardless of party?

Are you saying voting third-party is per se throwing your vote away, or voting for a candidate you don't believe in is throwing your vote away, regardless of party?

I am saying: voting for a guy you know has NO CHANCE of winning is throwing it away, especially if you live in a swing state. If you do, then you almost have a duty to vote for who sucks the least, because that will have a real effect on things.

I am saying: all should vote for the person, not the party. I learned that from my elected Democrat grandfather when I was 8 years old. It was true then, and it is especially true now, as it's has become painfully clear that nobody did any research on Obama prior to voting for him.

I am saying: I am fairly certain McCain would have Fed up just as badly as Obama, as he would be trying to be a Maverick :lol: instead of trying to practical. Therefore, voting for either of them has proven to have been completely ineffective and irrelevant.

I am not a fan of being ineffective or irrelevant. I am a fan of being right. I was right to refuse to vote for either of them. I was exactly as right in not voting for them, as Peace was wrong in voting for Barr. Period.

Peace doesn't understand: my vote is not disposable, and I refuse to throw it away. I also refuse to grant it to someone who clearly doesn't deserve it. Example: given the choice between McCain and Hillary, I would have voted for Hillary. :o Why? Because for all her silliness, she knows how to run the country, and she is about results, not attention(McCain).

But, I didn't get that option did I? Instead, we end up with Mr. Incompetent. Who do we have to thank for that? The far left.

Another example of why we should NEVER listen to them.

Son of nimrod, GG wasn't criticizing me. Thanks for playing though boy blunder.

I voted for the person I thought best. I also would have voted for Hillary. When that choice was removed, I voted elsewhere. You chose not to vote. You're a non participant. How bold of you. Way to try to make things better.

I voted for the person I thought best. I also would have voted for Hillary. When that choice was removed, I voted elsewhere. You chose not to vote. You're a non participant. How bold of you. Way to try to make things better.

Non-participation is greater participation than participation. He's being very zen.

How exactly have any of your votes made anything better....

...OTHER than allowing you to self-congratulate on being "better" than other people for voting for people nobody knows. Do you go around bars telling people who you voted for, so that when they say "who?" you can say "well, you wouldn't understand". :rolleyes: