10-year T-bond under 3%

Bill Gross and Madox must be sweating.... :unsure:

It's hard to find investments that have real rates of returns and low risk in today's economic environment. Rates of returns in investments that most would deem safe don't cover inflation. I'm not going to knock Gross for dumping treasuries but my question would be did he park his money anywhere with a better rate of return to risk, it's not enough to say something sucks you have to find a better alternative-for example I like silver I bought a load of it in Nov 08 when it was a little below 12 and thought myself pretty smart but now I'm leery who would have thought they would hike margins like that.

It's hard to find investments that have real rates of returns and low risk in today's economic environment. Rates of returns in investments that most would deem safe don't cover inflation. I'm not going to knock Gross for dumping treasuries but my question would be did he park his money anywhere with a better rate of return to risk, it's not enough to say something sucks you have to find a better alternative-for example I like silver I bought a load of it in Nov 08 when it was a little below 12 and thought myself pretty smart but now I'm leery who would have thought they would hike margins like that.

That's certainly the issue in this current investment environment--finding a decent Sharpe return.

However, the underlying issue of my post was a dig at those who argued over the past several years that the Fed was printing money which was going to cause high (or even hyper) inflation. Still waiting...

when will TPS ever learn? If you go back to the trading posts, I got out when it was at 4%. TBT that is. Another great call :)

Also, This backs up the point that I have been making for a couple years now, which is that we will be experiencing STAGflation, of course TPS, I know this is too complicated of an issue for you to comprehend. SO let me spell it for you really easy, It means, high commodity inflation coupled with slow economic growth.

Hmmm, Oil at $100 with many other commodities sky high

CHECK

Growth pretty darn slow

CHECK

awww TPS :oops:

That's certainly the issue in this current investment environment--finding a decent Sharpe return.

However, the underlying issue of my post was a dig at those who argued over the past several years that the Fed was printing money which was going to cause high (or even hyper) inflation. Still waiting...

We are seeing inlfation you big dildo :lol:

Are we not seeing inflation?

Even my 84 year old mother can see it. She shops at Save-A-Lot and was complaining to me about the jump in prices this month.

Are we not seeing inflation?

Since 1950 there's only been one year of deflation. There is always some inflation now (annual). The question: is it above norm? Not quite. However, if the recent couple of months becomes a trend, maybe. Given the drop in oil in early May and continuting, will probably see a drop in measured inflation for May.

My beef is with people who were crying we'd see Zimbabwe or Weimar Germany in the US because of FEd policies. I agreed with Magox about the commodity price increases due to QE2, which I argued would be mainly driven by investor speculation (like himself), and that's trickled into the CPI. I'm not sold that it's a sustainable trend yet.

My beef is with people who were crying we'd see Zimbabwe or Weimar Germany in the US because of FEd policies. I agreed with Magox about the commodity price increases due to QE2, which I argued would be mainly driven by investor speculation (like himself), and that's trickled into the CPI. I'm not sold that it's a sustainable trend yet.

Because the Fed policies are very much hyperinflationary, and the only reason the Fed has gotten away with it is the US role as the reserve currency. Now, square the benign attitude towards Fed's monetary actions with a view on the longevity of the US dollar standard. You can't be a proponent of both.

Because the Fed policies are very much hyperinflationary, and the only reason the Fed has gotten away with it is the US role as the reserve currency. Now, square the benign attitude towards Fed's monetary actions with a view on the longevity of the US dollar standard. You can't be a proponent of both.

What crap! Hyper inflationary? TPS seems to have hit his target!

How can anyone have a long term dedication to the dollar when we will not always been the number one economy? Nothing last forever you idiot.

What crap! Hyper inflationary? TPS seems to have hit his target!

How can anyone have a long term dedication to the dollar when we will not always been the number one economy? Nothing last forever you idiot.

I'm sorry, but you need to understand the topic in order to post in this thread.

Have you visited the Weiner thread?

Understand our 'hyperinflation' problem? :lol:

I think the Weiner thread has you hyper, keep up the good work, stupid.

When responding to a post, it's usually good to respond to the point actually made, not to the little gerbil talking in your head.

When responding to a post, it's usually good to respond to the point actually made, not to the little gerbil talking in your head.

When you make such a stupid point, you cannot expect, nor do you deserve a decent response. It is hyperinflationarybut it isn't. Beautiful! :wallbash:

Gees, Tom--Tom!!--hasn't even defended you yet, and it's been over 15 minutes!

I'm sorry, but you need to understand the topic in order to post in this thread.

Have you visited the Weiner thread?

Hey !@#$ you - like you understand crap- you economic education is all based on lies and fantasy, the rules is hold sacred are no more a refection on reality then the rules of world of warcraft - yes you are a geek.

there are no free markets

there is no equal distribution of information

people are not rational

and hell most people can't do the math

finance's legacy of creating wealth through vetted investment in productivity is over, now they are bookies skimming off gambling bets, and loan sharks giving money to junkies and then asset stripping the relatives.

When you make such a stupid point, you cannot expect, nor do you deserve a decent response. It is hyperinflationarybut it isn't. Beautiful! :wallbash:

Gees, Tom--Tom!!--hasn't even defended you yet, and it's been over 15 minutes!

I see the gerbil has moved to the frontal cortex.

I don't need mrknowitall dexter to defend me from a nitwit.

Go find a simpleton thread, so you can feel on par.

Hey !@#$ you - like you understand crap- you economic education is all based on lies and fantasy, the rules is hold sacred are no more a refection on reality then the rules of world of warcraft - yes you are a geek.

there are no free markets

there is no equal distribution of information

people are not rational

and hell most people can't do the math

finance's legacy of creating wealth through vetted investment in productivity is over, now they are bookies skimming off gambling bets, and loan sharks giving money to junkies and then asset stripping the relatives.

I'll let you know that I learned at the same esteemed houses of learning that produced the world's only rainbow farting unicorn, so I'm at least as competent as the morons who are running this place. But even the unicorn knows it has a fatal flaw, in that eventually it will have to adhere to the laws of arithmetic.