Egypt Opens Gaza Border

Ah, good boy, you DID find it! Give yourself an RC Cola and a Moon Pie.

Now...for the 2nd part......LOOK at it, look at the SIZE of it, and then let's see what your next brilliant observation is.

How right you are. I see it all so clearly now. All the time we've spent here on PPP discussing the intricacies of the Israel/Palestine conflict and all we had to do was look at the map since the size of Israel is the only thing that matters. Dammit man, if you'd only found your way to PPP earlier you could have saved us all the effort.

Here's the deal FishFace. I regret to inform you that your home is built on land that was promised to the Chicotians forever by our imaginary friend. You will be required to leave so that the ancient kingdom of Chicotdom can be restored. Now please don't make a fuss old chap. All you have to do is look at the map. Chicotdom is going to be tiny - there'll be plenty of room for you in the rest of the US.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How right you are. I see it all so clearly now. All the time we've spent here on PPP discussing the intricacies of the Israel/Palestine conflict and all we had to do was look at the map since the size of Israel is the only thing that matters. Dammit man, if you'd only found your way to PPP earlier you could have saved us all the effort.

Here's the deal FishFace. I regret to inform you that your home is built on land that was promised to the Chicotians forever by our imaginary friend. You will be required to leave so that the ancient kingdom of Chicotdom can be restored. Now please don't make a fuss old chap. All you have to do is look at the map. Chicotdom is going to be tiny - there'll be plenty of room for you in the rest of the US.

if it is anything like france, no thanks. Besides if it was like france it would probably stink. Damn french fries.

So, Chicot the Enlightened, where exactly did I say that the size of Israel is the only thing that matters?

You want to keep up with the "FishFace" personal BS?

Edited by DrFishfinder

I'd like to know specifically what land they're supposed to back up off of. If it's a reference to certain West Bank settlements I can at least understand the conflict. But asking Israel to return the Golan Heights is like asking the cops to give the criminal his gun back as long as he promises not to shoot at them anymore.

I'd like to know specifically what land they're supposed to back up off of. If it's a reference to certain West Bank settlements I can at least understand the conflict. But asking Israel to return the Golan Heights is like asking the cops to give the criminal his gun back as long as he promises not to shoot at them anymore.

Wrong. Israel started the war in '67. They struck first. There's no disputing that.

That's seems harsh man. I mean who could blame the Fisfacians if they created a charter calling for the death of all Chicotians worldwide? Personally. I am not a fan of all this violence but in the case of Fishfacia it should be understood.

That's not what I was getting at. The Israelis took the Golan Heights because it was used as a convenient perch from which to attack them.

The Golan Heights is an issue for Israel and Syria to sort out. It's not really an Israel/Palestine issue. Incidentally, there is some evidence that the conventional wisdom regarding the capture of the Golan Heights is not the whole story.

Moshe Dayan on the Golan Heights

So, Chicot the Enlightened, where exactly did I say that the size of Israel is the only thing that matters?

You want to keep up with the "FishFace" personal BS?

Forgive me. I must have missed your detailed and exhaustive study of the Israel/Palestine conflict. I could have sworn the only argument you've presented over whether Israel should give up land or not is the size of the country.

As for the "personal BS", take a look at some of your posts in this thread. You don't think you were being somewhat patronizing and insulting? Seems to me you can dish it out but not take it. Besides I'm not sure why a gentle jibe about your screen name upsets you so much. Obviously I have no way of knowing whether or not you look like a fish. If you do indeed look like a fish then I apologize for offending you.

Wrong. Israel started the war in '67. They struck first. There's no disputing that.

Define "started".

It was pre-emptive.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/67_War.html

The Golan Heights is an issue for Israel and Syria to sort out. It's not really an Israel/Palestine issue. Incidentally, there is some evidence that the conventional wisdom regarding the capture of the Golan Heights is not the whole story.

Moshe Dayan on the Golan Heights

Regardless, Syria tried to take it back and got their asses handed to them. So why should they get it back?

Forgive me. I must have missed your detailed and exhaustive study of the Israel/Palestine conflict. I could have sworn the only argument you've presented over whether Israel should give up land or not is the size of the country.

As for the "personal BS", take a look at some of your posts in this thread. You don't think you were being somewhat patronizing and insulting? Seems to me you can dish it out but not take it. Besides I'm not sure why a gentle jibe about your screen name upsets you so much. Obviously I have no way of knowing whether or not you look like a fish. If you do indeed look like a fish then I apologize for offending you.

I was responding to this: Time for Israel to surrender its position and give up some land, which I find ludicrous. So rather than go off on some brobdingdagian diatribe, I presented a link to a map of the middle east so the OP, and others, might take a look at what Israel actually looks like with respect to aforementioned topic, IF they cared to.

That post may, or may not, have deserved a somewhat patronizing and insulting response. But: I did not resort to name calling, or as you mistakenly put it, "A gentle jibe about your screen name." And I have no way of knowing if you bear any resemblance to Chicot, who ironically was the jester of King Henry III of France.

Edited by DrFishfinder

I was responding to this: Time for Israel to surrender its position and give up some land, which I find ludicrous. So rather than go off on some brobdingdagian diatribe, I presented a link to a map of the middle east so the OP, and others, might take a look at what Israel actually looks like with respect to aforementioned topic, IF they cared to.

That post may, or may not, have deserved a somewhat patronizing and insulting response. But: I did not resort to name calling, or as you mistakenly put it, "A gentle jibe about your screen name." And I have no way of knowing if you bear any resemblance to Chicot, who ironically was the jester of King Henry III of France.

Dude. Chicot was also in a sitcom in the 70s about and old man and his young forbidden latin lover. It was gross but it did break down some boundaries. It was the first sitcom to have a gay couple AND the first sitcom with a hispanic lead. It was called Chicot and the Man.

Dude. Chicot was also in a sitcom in the 70s about and old man and his young forbidden latin lover. It was gross but it did break down some boundaries. It was the first sitcom to have a gay couple AND the first sitcom with a hispanic lead. It was called Chicot and the Man.

You should shut the !@#$ up. Seriously, your jokes are lame. Do not chime in on anything serious.

You should shut the !@#$ up. Seriously, your jokes are lame. Do not chime in on anything serious.

Sorry dude. I just get confused about what is serious. I posted about politics in the "Rashard Mendenhall thinks Osama is a cool dude" thread, which was clearly a mistake and now I thought the thread where people were calling each other fish face ad a court jester was a goofy thread. I guess I don't get it and should rely on you for advice because you are so smart. I know you always ask WWFLPD? which should be good enough for us all.

Can you get anymore unbiased than an article written by the "Jewsish Virtual Library"? Really?

If these countries really wanted to attack Israel, than why the hell did they last only six days, huh? Are you people that gullible to believe that multiple countries joining together to fight one enemy because "they wanted to", only had it in them to last 6 DAYS!!!! HAHAHAHAA. Funny.

Israel attacks first, says it was preemptive, and ya'll eat it up like starving pigs, because it's easier for you to believe the Arabs are that stupid enough to start a war in which they can only last a hair under a week. Amazing!

Define "started".

It was preemptive.

http://www.jewishvir...ory/67_War.html

Regardless, Syria tried to take it back and got their asses handed to them. So why should they get it back?

It's ok. For someone who claims to know the Mid East situation, he's quite unlearned about its history.

Frankly lets get back to Trans Jordan, and give the british a mulligan.

Why do you think that? Because I don't eat up the lies and propaganda our news outlets and history books regurgitate? I've been there. I know people that went through both wars. I see my parents, whom were both born there, not even be allowed to stay in their own home for longer than 30 days in some cases. I've been through check-points. I've had family members arrested for no reason at all. I see the things you don't, pal, you have to experience it before you come and say I know nothing about the region. I know plenty. My grandfather passed away at the age of 96. He's seen it all and taught me every bit of it.

Can you get anymore unbiased than...........

.............Why do you think that? Because I don't eat up the lies and propaganda.............. I've had family members arrested for no reason at all.

Cheeseburger in Paradise is your cousin?

Can you get anymore unbiased than an article written by the "Jewsish Virtual Library"? Really?

If these countries really wanted to attack Israel, than why the hell did they last only six days, huh? Are you people that gullible to believe that multiple countries joining together to fight one enemy because "they wanted to", only had it in them to last 6 DAYS!!!! HAHAHAHAA. Funny.

Israel attacks first, says it was preemptive, and ya'll eat it up like starving pigs, because it's easier for you to believe the Arabs are that stupid enough to start a war in which they can only last a hair under a week. Amazing!

Why do you think that? Because I don't eat up the lies and propaganda our news outlets and history books regurgitate? I've been there. I know people that went through both wars. I see my parents, whom were both born there, not even be allowed to stay in their own home for longer than 30 days in some cases. I've been through check-points. I've had family members arrested for no reason at all. I see the things you don't, pal, you have to experience it before you come and say I know nothing about the region. I know plenty. My grandfather passed away at the age of 96. He's seen it all and taught me every bit of it.

See link below. It is probably a balanced version of the 6 day war. It only lasted 6 days because Israel knocked out opposing air forces in a preemptive strike. Egypt closed the Straits of Tiran and amassed troops in the Sinai. Nassar proclaimed that he was going to destroy Israel. Jordan, Syria and Iraq all made preparations for war. If Israel had waited to be attacked they would have been finished. Israel did the only thing they could. Must be pretty embarrassing for all those countries to get their asses handed to them by such a little country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

Edited by 3rdnlng