Egypt Opens Gaza Border

Nice post. Let's not forget that the USS Liberty is almost twice the size of the Egyptian ship, as well.

I think Tom has had a stroke, he has three spelling errors in this thread, and he's usually pretty meticulous about spelling . I can't wait for his book "Making enemies and not influencing people" it's sure to be a best seller among the cantankerous curmudgeon crowd.

The attack on the USS Liberty was at best gross incompetence combined with disregard for the rules of engagement or human life and at worse a planned attack on an American ship. I guess you could believe that the attackers missed the 5 by 8ft American flag or the clear identification on the hull, or just a number of mistakes as put forth by a Israeli review

from Wikipedia

but even if you believe that they didn't know it was a U.S. ship they still made an unprovoked attack on a ship in international waters, continued to attack when it should have been apparent that the only armaments the ship had was 50cal machine guns. They also strafed sailors who had stopped any return fire and were trying to ready lifeboats. With the possible exception of Britain I can't Imagine the U.S. accepting the given explanation by any other country, could you imagine what would have happen to Egypt if they were the ones to attack and gave the same explanation.

Edited by b.harami98

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tom has had a stroke, he has three spelling errors in this thread, and he's usually pretty meticulous about spelling . I can't wait for his book "Making enemies and not influencing people" it's sure to be a best seller among the cantankerous curmudgeon crowd.

The attack on the USS Liberty was at best gross incompetence combined with disregard for the rules of engagement or human life and at worse a planned attack on an American ship. I guess you could believe that the attackers missed the 5 by 8ft American flag or the clear identification on the hull, or just a number of mistakes as put forth by a Israeli review

from Wikipedia

but even if you believe that they didn't know it was a U.S. ship they still made an unprovoked attack on a ship in international waters, continued to attack when it should have been apparent that the only armaments the ship had was 50cal machine guns. They also strafed sailors who had stopped any return fire and were trying to ready lifeboats. With the possible exception of Britain I can't Imagine the U.S. accepting the given explanation by any other country, could you imagine what would have happen to Egypt if they were the ones to attack and gave the same explanation.

Only two; the third was merely an alternate spelling (used to get b.harami all in a tizzy).

I imagine if Egypt attacked a US ship because they mistook it for an Egyptian freighter, the Egyptians would have bigger problems to deal with.

Regardless...yes, this kind-of thing happens. Not only, it's sadly common. I can think of plenty of other examples of each step in that decision loop (including missing a flag - a Marine unit was wiped out early in the Guadalcanal campaign trying to accept a Japanese surrender when the CO misidentified a Japanese flag as a surrender flag, because it hung limp in a dead calm and the hinomaru wasn't visible. It happens). It's very easy for someone with any knowledge to believe that the Israeli's explanation is exactly what happened.

No, it's still 3 misspelled words and you didn't put anyone in a "tizzy". As you can see, you got plagiarizing wrong here.

Not ignorant, stupid. Ignorance can be cured. B.harami's stupidity can't be.

Even worse...you cherry-pick your information with explicit and conscious bias, ensuring it's short on facts and long on righteous indignation.

Case in point. If you honestly think the righteous indignation of the crew of the Liberty gives you ANY insight into the decision loop that caused the attack, you're even dumber than I've been giving you credit for.

So you repeat what you "hear", and it's forming an intelligent opinion. I read, and it's "plagirizing"? You really are an idiot.

That'd be sad if it wasn't so pathetic.

Edited by b.harami98

They didn't see the flag, okay, but the USS Liberty is almost twice the size of the Egyptian ship.

And that second paragraph of yours is just plain stupid. lybob wasn't even going there. Once again, your lack of reading comprehension got the best of you.

Only two; the third was merely an alternate spelling (used to get b.harami all in a tizzy).

I imagine if Egypt attacked a US ship because they mistook it for an Egyptian freighter, the Egyptians would have bigger problems to deal with.

Regardless...yes, this kind-of thing happens. Not only, it's sadly common. I can think of plenty of other examples of each step in that decision loop (including missing a flag - a Marine unit was wiped out early in the Guadalcanal campaign trying to accept a Japanese surrender when the CO misidentified a Japanese flag as a surrender flag, because it hung limp in a dead calm and the hinomaru wasn't visible. It happens). It's very easy for someone with any knowledge to believe that the Israeli's explanation is exactly what happened.

They didn't see the flag, okay, but the USS Liberty is almost twice the size of the Egyptian ship.

And that second paragraph of yours is just plain stupid. lybob wasn't even going there. Once again, your lack of reading comprehension got the best of you.

I understand that in your "professional victim, everyone's conspiring to get me" alternate dimension that makes sense to you. But this is reality, where my response made complete sense and was contextual. I don't consider it a problem on my part that you're incapable of understanding and discussing it - most people, in fact, are ignorant on the subject. Unlike yourself, however, most don't compound their ignorance with wilfull stupidity.

And I understand that you're not capable of rationally discussing the subject - any subject, really. And I pity you for it, really (at least, I do when I'm not laughing my ass off at you). Like I said...you're a sad and pathetic little man. Hopefully someday you'll at least achieve the "happy" portion of that "stupid and happy" state you aspire to.

Regardless...yes, this kind-of thing happens. Not only, it's sadly common. I can think of plenty of other examples of each step in that decision loop (including missing a flag - a Marine unit was wiped out early in the Guadalcanal campaign trying to accept a Japanese surrender when the CO misidentified a Japanese flag as a surrender flag, because it hung limp in a dead calm and the hinomaru[/i] wasn't visible. It happens). It's very easy for someone with any knowledge to believe that the Israeli's explanation is exactly what happened.

Is that a fancy word for red dot?

Tom/gg, what do you guys think will be the result of the PAs bid for a state in September? I'm assuming it will be vetoed but will it actually change anything?

A Palestinian state is inevitable. How long it lasts as a state is up to the Palestinians.

God forbid this country gets overtaken by someone and then ultimately ends up back into the hands of the Native Americans and they give us a small piece of land to live on and then continuously build settlements on that making our chicken scraps even smaller. Maybe then you'll have a different perspective on what the Palestinians have to go through.

Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining.

You've got it backassward. You seem to have no problem living in the US, where most of the property from Indians was gained on broken treaties. There are still countless treaties that have been ignored by various layers of US government, including deals struck by colonial Americans, which were immediately ripped up after the Revolution. So chalk another one up to your righteous indignation. And if you think that IDF goes overboard when its neighbors lob live rockets over the border, what do you call Pataki sending in the National Guard when a bunch of Senecas burned tires on the Thruway?

Whatever, dude. Survivors of The USS Liberty attack said it was no accident. American Flag and all. They knew who they were hitting, but don't take my word for it.

http://whatreallyhap...ussliberty.html

http://www.viewzone.com/liberty.html

I can give two craps about your little books you read. I form my own opinions by looking at end results. I have thoughts of my own. I'm not a little sheep, like you.

Actually, I feel sorry for you. Hell, between having a job, eating, sleeping, all your reading and your astonishing 28K+ posts, it's a wonder you have time for a real life. You want to insult me? That's fine, but you have no life. Keep reading your books and posting here ALL DAY LONG!!! 28K posts? Do you even have real friends? Pathetic.

I'd rather be stupid and happy than live your life.

So, go ahead and cozy up to your books and computers. Take a break every now and then and grab some lotion and tissues, since you have no time for the real thing, while I enjoy life. And when you're finished with that, grab yourself a bottle of whatever bottle of devil's piss you like to enjoy and drink yourself retarded. I know how you folks like to drink alcohol.

What, you don't like it when I rush to judgements, even though I don't really know you? Now you know how it feels. Maybe now you'll lay off the insults cause I can go on busting you up all night. My wife's not home, so I've got some time on my hands.

It's funny how you mentioned all of the things, because the Palestinians are going through the same exact things as the Israelis were back then.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/vandals-foul-palestinian-village-s-water-supply-1.150798

So what are you saying? That i have a double-standard thing going on?The difference is the treatment of both the parties involved.

I'd have no problem with a unilateral state of Israel that gives the Palestinians equal rights, such as the rights given to the Natives here today in America, but that's not going to happen because the Israelis know the Palestinians will have the power of the vote behind them and they can't/won't allow that.

A Palestinian state is inevitable. How long it lasts as a state is up to the Palestinians.

You've got it backassward. You seem to have no problem living in the US, where most of the property from Indians was gained on broken treaties. There are still countless treaties that have been ignored by various layers of US government, including deals struck by colonial Americans, which were immediately ripped up after the Revolution. So chalk another one up to your righteous indignation. And if you think that IDF goes overboard when its neighbors lob live rockets over the border, what do you call Pataki sending in the National Guard when a bunch of Senecas burned tires on the Thruway?

Been going on for numerous years now. My question for you is how did you know? That type of stuff doesn't get much pub in the states. Did you google search it or do you read the Haaretz often! Just wondering.

BTW. I commend all involved with trying to help the people of Palestine with that problem.

I read haaretz and I find the relevant articles are posted on wsj, usually a day later.

I don't understand what kind of reporting you're expecting in America of what goes on in Israel? How much news do you see about Canada, specifically related to domestic politics?

I read haaretz and I find the relevant articles are posted on wsj, usually a day later.

I don't understand what kind of reporting you're expecting in America of what goes on in Israel? How much news do you see about Canada, specifically related to domestic politics?

Canada? Really? What are they going to report on? A human interest story that someone in their 30s who still has 14 teeth?

Do you know how they get more financial aid from the US than all the other countries combined? I want that kind of coverage.

Do you also want full coverage of Haiti, Egypt, and every other country directly or indirectly benefiting from American generosity? I have a feeling you'll have plenty of news to watch.

Link?

I was in a hurry when I posted earlier. What I meant to say was Israel, since 1949 until today, has received more US foreign and military aid than all the other countries combined in that same time span, per capita.

I had a link, I'm trying to find it.

[EDITED]

Can't find it, but this is a good read.

http://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/content/us-military-aid-and-israel

Edited by b.harami98