Tiki Barber

I always got the impression that for whatever reason, cheating on your wife is one thing, and cheating on your wife who's pregnant is another, crossing a very big line for those in the media and the NFL. Little doubt in my mind he's being blacklisted by both.

I always got the impression that for whatever reason, cheating on your wife is one thing, and cheating on your wife who's pregnant is another, crossing a very big line for those in the media and the NFL. Little doubt in my mind he's being blacklisted by both.

It's probably Ronde's kid. Who'd know....... :devil:

Ugh, Barber is an idiot, but so are the people overreacting about his comments. If only people would just shut up about the Holocaust, maybe people would stop mentioning it. It's reached the same point as breast cancer, everyone is aware of it.

No one knows who Shiro Ishii is, but I had to learn about the holocaust every single year of school. I wonder if these people realize that they are devaluing the tragedy simply by cramming it down everyone's throat every five minutes.

Nobody gives a damn if he cheated on his pregnant wife, but he left his pregnant wife for some bimbo. That's the line that cost him a career in the media.

The NFL couldn't give a rat's ass about any of that. He was ignored because he's 36 and has been out of football for 4 years.

Ugh, Barber is an idiot, but so are the people overreacting about his comments. If only people would just shut up about the Holocaust, maybe people would stop mentioning it. It's reached the same point as breast cancer, everyone is aware of it.

No one knows who Shiro Ishii is, but I had to learn about the holocaust every single year of school. I wonder if these people realize that they are devaluing the tragedy simply by cramming it down everyone's throat every five minutes.

I think you're right, and Foxman is nothing but a political opportunist. But my point is Tiki is a twerp, this thread gave me the opportunity to point that out lol

Abe Foxman should find bigger fish to fry. This is a complete non story. My bet is that Barber stole the line from his agent in the first place.

For a guy that worked in media, Barber should know better than to ever invoke the holocaust-Period. Sure it's a little much from Foxman because Barber is likely not an anti-semite. He is clearly just bad guy with bad judgement. Reverse Anne Frank? WTF does that even mean--not funny Tiki just more stupidity.

For a guy that worked in media, Barber should know better than to ever invoke the holocaust-Period. Sure it's a little much from Foxman because Barber is likely not an anti-semite. He is clearly just bad guy with bad judgement. Reverse Anne Frank? WTF does that even mean--not funny Tiki just more stupidity.

AND he did it in New York City as a New York City personality... that is like the priest in Caddyshack on the 18th hole.

Tiki's a twerp no matter so I'm not making excuses, but darn the intern he left his wife for was quite a temptress.

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2010/04/08/450x364-alg_barber_johnson.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/08/26/pagesix/photos_stories/cropped/tiki_traci_wireimage--300x300.jpg

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Tiki's a twerp no matter so I'm not making excuses, but darn the intern he left his wife for was quite a temptress.

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2010/04/08/450x364-alg_barber_johnson.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/08/26/pagesix/photos_stories/cropped/tiki_traci_wireimage--300x300.jpg

To each his own but I think his wife has her beat hand over fist.

I don't think he is comparing his situation to the tradgedy of Anne Frank just that they were both hiding out in an attick. You guys need to relax.

Fail.

Making flippant, self-centered references to horrific tragedies is never a wise course of action. It makes the speaker look like a complete douche, and it essentially desensitizes or minimizes the impact of the particular incident referenced.

There are actually still people in this world who don't believe the Holocaust happened, or that Jews have intentionally exaggerated the event to suit their own purposes. It's not something to be mentioned casually, or in the context of an extramarital affair.

There is a way to handle things and a way not to handle things. Tiki chose the way not to handle things. If he wanted to leave his pregnant wife...fine. You tell her, pay her to keep her silence and move on quietly. He made a colossal mistake and has ruined his career because of it. Does Tiki not have an attorney or business manager looking out for him?

• 2 months later...

Are you sure he's not that stupid?

Because I've never thought that Tiki was very smart. Maybe that's just me.

To me, he always seemed really shallow and I wasn't convinced he was a good character either.

Many of his ex-teammates seem to feel the same way. He was awfully arrogant that he would be an instant media-star, so I'm sure his ego is hurt at what an epic failure that's turned out to be.