Tiki Barber

The dude can't help it. It's not that he's stupid. It's just that he's living evidence what too many hits to the noggan can do to guy that plays several years in the NFL. Heck, I mean, just the fact that he's contemplating a comeback has to be a clear signal that his judgement is way off.

The dude can't help it. It's not that he's stupid. It's just that he's living evidence what too many hits to the noggan can do to guy that plays several years in the NFL. Heck, I mean, just the fact that he's contemplating a comeback has to be a clear signal that his judgement is way off.

Wow. If he's gassed then his family can compare him to Anne Frank. Moron.

Are you sure he's not that stupid?

Because I've never thought that Tiki was very smart. Maybe that's just me.

To me, he always seemed really shallow and I wasn't convinced he was a good character either.

What a douche bag. So let me get this straight, he has an affair with a 23 year old while his wife is pregnant with twins, gets caught, and then goes into hiding at his agents loft like a little biatch. Oh and then compares himself to Anne Frank. This guy is a fugging LOSER.

What a douche bag. So let me get this straight, he has an affair with a 23 year old while his wife is pregnant with twins, gets caught, and then goes into hiding at his agents loft like a little biatch. Oh and then compares himself to Anne Frank. This guy is a fugging LOSER.

You left out "get booted from his big money TODAY show gig and become virtually unemployable by TV networks"

I'm sure the 23 year old airhead who will bolt the second he runs out of money was worth it.

I don't think he is comparing his situation to the tradgedy of Anne Frank just that they were both hiding out in an attick. You guys need to relax.

There's no question this is a ridiculous media overrecation, but someone who actually works worked in the media, in NY no less, really ought to know better.

I don't think he is comparing his situation to the tradgedy of Anne Frank just that they were both hiding out in an attick. You guys need to relax.

:huh: That is kind of a big deal. Anne Frank was hiding in an attic for years to avoid being caught by Nazis and sent to a concentration camp, Tiki was hiding in a loft because he couldn't man up and face the consequences of being a total !@#$.

Following up on what KD said, you can blame the speaker or you can blame the audience… in this case BB, you are wrong. It's more proper to blame the speaker than the audience. I mean exactly how stupid do you have to be to make such a statement which virtually invites criticism. Amazing that a guy with so little common sense and media savvy could have been hired to work at a major TV show. No wonder he got his ass canned.

Tiki Barber is a complete moron. He didn't possess the half iota of common sense and perspective to not utter such an incredibly stupid statement.

These guys really are living in a fantasy world.

First we have guys comparing professional football to slavery. Now this.

Why are you suggesting that Tiki Barber's stupidity is symptomatic of all the players?

For comparison sake, does the fact that one person writes something stupid on a fan forum mean that all fans on that forum are stupid?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

• 3 months later...

Tiki let his play with the Giants go to his head. He acted very immaturely. I don't think anyone ever saw him as much more than a system guy, but he thought he was being held in the same class as HOF'ers like Faulk and Tomlinson. He kept yapping about how he was retiring early, to the point it sounded like bragging. This blew up in his face when Giants won the Super Bowl the year after left. Then he thought a brilliant career in broadcasting awaited because yet again he over estimated the degree to which people liked him. Then all he did was burn whatever bridges he had left by incessantly saying "my sources tell me Tom Coughlin has lost control over the Giants locker room." Truth is Coughlin saved him from being cut out of the league by teaching how to overcome his epic fumbling problem, and he repaid him by trying to undermine him in the media? Low point came when he was publicly chewed out by the normally mild mannered Eli Manning. Truth is he has no one to blame but himself for his problems.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack