ROCK ON RALPH !!!!!

I've been reading this blog for going on 2 years now & have heard every slam made that could be made against the Bills owner Ralph Wilson . I just got through reading the article in the NY times about him being one of only 2 that voted against this agreement that now has the NFL in a strangle hold , yet everyone thinks that doing things like Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft are the correct way to do things in the NFL . As he said in the article "I didn't buy the Bills to make money back in the day it was good to just break even but I did it because he loved the game of football" !!

Let me be one to say that i'm glad we have Ralph !! He may not have always done every thing the way the fans or even the other NFL owners have wanted but i'm glad he is the guy that he is !!

The Bills are one if not the only team i believe that is paid for is it not ? If i am wrong please correct me & in today's world that is something to be proud of in an owner of anything . Today if your not up to your neck in debt your considered the weird one .

The only way the Bills will ever survive in the market place that it is currently in is if we have another owner similar to Ralph , someone that doesn't mortgage every thing just to make the team flashy like (choke, puke ,cough) America's team .

But seeing as America is an instant gratification :devil: over live your means type of country now i guess it is fitting that Dallas is America's team . Because that is the way there owner is .

Maybe we all need to rethink that position & make the Bills America's team 0:) i think it is a better role model as far as how to go about keeping a company some what profitable in today's economy (or at least western NY economy) & not living beyond the means in which you have to survive . We all could learn something from that !!

So ROCK ON RALPH !! HERE'S TO YOU :beer:

I'M PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS THE OWNER OF OUR TEAM !!! GO BILLS !!!!!

Love your post bro. I couldn't agree with you much more. People are so spoiled in Buffalo to have someone like that owning the team. The only reason people are upset though is that he has meddled around with the football operations. He should have gave it to somebody, like he did with Nix, Long ago. But the few times he has done it, hasn't worked out. So he has pretty much tried EVERY avenue in his 92 years of life. I think he has finally struck gold with Nix. Let's all pray and hope so. Ralph will be remembered beyond these days when he is gone and it will be sad. There is no humanity wishing him gone.

I also want to say that I hope the Stadium stays. One day it will be a relic. A relic people will cherish each time they step in to the stadium. If we had gotten just one of those super bowls, it would be looked at differently. I say keep it in Orchard Park (My hometown) and keep it original. In a world of constant change, it's nice to have something that remains the same. Just what I want. I don't expect people to agree and they will probably argue that to keep the team here we need a new stadium. I don't think that is true. Fans and the love of the game is the reason the Bills are still here. Not comfortable seating.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Love your post bro. I couldn't agree with you much more. People are so spoiled in Buffalo to have someone like that owning the team. The only reason people are upset though is that he has meddled around with the football operations. He should have gave it to somebody, like he did with Nix, Long ago. But the few times he has done it, hasn't worked out. So he has pretty much tried EVERY avenue in his 92 years of life. I think he has finally struck gold with Nix. Let's all pray and hope so. Ralph will be remembered beyond these days when he is gone and it will be sad. There is no humanity wishing him gone.

I also want to say that I hope the Stadium stays. One day it will be a relic. A relic people will cherish each time they step in to the stadium. If we had gotten just one of those super bowls, it would be looked at differently. I say keep it in Orchard Park (My hometown) and keep it original. In a world of constant change, it's nice to have something that remains the same. Just what I want. I don't expect people to agree and they will probably argue that to keep the team here we need a new stadium. I don't think that is true. Fans and the love of the game is the reason the Bills are still here. Not comfortable seating.

Well Said!

I never understood the Ralph hate. He made some bonehead decisions but he kept our team here. That puts him in my HOF.

Agreed, I never understood it either. There'd be no Buffalo Bills if it weren't for him.

Dear Ralph:

Thank you for keeping the Bills in Buffalo.

The other stuff--like knowing how to run a football organization..-well

lets face it you are awful.But still thanks for the Bills.Winning isn't

everything.

Rock on Ralph! Keep selling home games to Toronto, putting a garbage product on the field, and by no means don't do anything to re-assure fans the team will stay in Buffalo after you are gone. You've only made over a billion dollars on your $25k investment by keeping the team in lowly Buffalo. You rock and you clearly don't care about the money.

I've been reading this blog for going on 2 years now & have heard every slam made that could be made against the Bills owner Ralph Wilson . I just got through reading the article in the NY times about him being one of only 2 that voted against this agreement that now has the NFL in a strangle hold , yet everyone thinks that doing things like Jerry Jones or Robert Kraft are the correct way to do things in the NFL . As he said in the article "I didn't buy the Bills to make money back in the day it was good to just break even but I did it because he loved the game of football" !!

Let me be one to say that i'm glad we have Ralph !! He may not have always done every thing the way the fans or even the other NFL owners have wanted but i'm glad he is the guy that he is !!

The Bills are one if not the only team i believe that is paid for is it not ? If i am wrong please correct me & in today's world that is something to be proud of in an owner of anything . Today if your not up to your neck in debt your considered the weird one .

The only way the Bills will ever survive in the market place that it is currently in is if we have another owner similar to Ralph , someone that doesn't mortgage every thing just to make the team flashy like (choke, puke ,cough) America's team .

But seeing as America is an instant gratification :devil: over live your means type of country now i guess it is fitting that Dallas is America's team . Because that is the way there owner is .

Maybe we all need to rethink that position & make the Bills America's team 0:) i think it is a better role model as far as how to go about keeping a company some what profitable in today's economy (or at least western NY economy) & not living beyond the means in which you have to survive . We all could learn something from that !!

So ROCK ON RALPH !! HERE'S TO YOU :beer:

I'M PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS THE OWNER OF OUR TEAM !!! GO BILLS !!!!!

Sometimes I'm harsh on Ralph. But overall I have respect for the guy. He may befuddle us sometimes but in many respects he's done more than most of us ever will.

I was at a Bills preseaon game when I was prolly 13 or 14 and saw Ralph walk through the Jim Kelly Club. I was with my dad and he goes "Thats Ralph Wilson! Go ask for his autograph!" So, I went over and said "Mr Wilson, could I have you autograph?" I was ready with a pen and a Bills hat for him to sign. Without a word, and only a dismissive motion of his hand, Ralph just walked on by.

I've had a bitter taste in my mouth about him ever since. That was prolly 2001-2002. I love the Bills more than anything, but that really sucked.

I was at a Bills preseaon game when I was prolly 13 or 14 and saw Ralph walk through the Jim Kelly Club. I was with my dad and he goes "Thats Ralph Wilson! Go ask for his autograph!" So, I went over and said "Mr Wilson, could I have you autograph?" I was ready with a pen and a Bills hat for him to sign. Without a word, and only a dismissive motion of his hand, Ralph just walked on by.

I've had a bitter taste in my mouth about him ever since. That was prolly 2001-2002. I love the Bills more than anything, but that really sucked.

You probably didn't speak up loud enough. Even if this happened 20-25 years ago, he'd still be old.

Maybe he thought you were Lou Saban.