Nameplate?

I only post this in this section necause Nix has indicated the Donte will be gone soon and I suppose several people here could be in the same situation.

2 years ago I was faced with the prospect of buying an authentic throwback jersey. Like a moron I decided to get a new young player I could support and I had to choose between Lynch and Whitner. Great options right? So now I'm stuck with a Whitner jersey. I'm looking for someplace to buy a new nameplate. I live in the DC area though so I probably need to get one online. Any ideas?

As I mentioned when you raised this before, Joe Cribbs or Robert James…also:

Billy Atkins

Bobby Smith

Keith Lincoln (yes he was on the '67 and '68 Bills)

John Armstrong

Sherman Cocroft

Mickey Sutton

Henry Jones

Travis Henry

Shaud Williams

Donte Whitner

The best players to ever wear number 20 for the Bills were probably Robert James (1969-1974, 3 Pro Bowls and 2 First Team All Pro), Henry Jones (1991-2000, 1 Pro Bowl, 1 First Team All Pro), and Joe Cribbs (1980-1985, 3 Pro Bowls).

You'll get a lot of respect from Old-Timers if you wear Robert James. His career was cut short by a knee injury back in the day when knee injuries typically ended careers (pre-arthroscopic surgery days).

Henry Jones was a cog in the Super Bowl teams and Joe Cribbs was a very underrated player.

Presumably you know all about Travis Henry…he leads the rest of this undistinguished field who would all make pretty funny gag jerseys.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

As I mentioned when you raised this before, Joe Cribbs or Robert James…also:

Billy Atkins

Bobby Smith

Keith Lincoln (yes he was on the '67 and '68 Bills)

John Armstrong

Sherman Cocroft

Mickey Sutton

Henry Jones

Travis Henry

Shaud Williams

Donte Whitner

The best players to ever wear number 20 for the Bills were probably Robert James (1969-1974, 3 Pro Bowls and 2 First Team All Pro), Henry Jones (1991-2000, 1 Pro Bowl, 1 First Team All Pro), and Joe Cribbs (1980-1985, 3 Pro Bowls).

You'll get a lot of respect from Old-Timers if you wear Robert James. His career was cut short by a knee injury back in the day when knee injuries typically ended careers (pre-arthroscopic surgery days).

Henry Jones was a cog in the Super Bowl teams and Joe Cribbs was a very underrated player.

Presumably you know all about Travis Henry…he leads the rest of this undistinguished field who would all make pretty funny gag jerseys.

I didn't remember raising that point before. Thanks though. I appreciate it!

He was just saying it would make sense to have the number and the name match. Unless your going to put your own last name or nickname on it.

Wish I could help by giving ya a cheap and trustworthy website to do it online but I don't know one

Edited by LoyalToTheEnd

I only post this in this section necause Nix has indicated the Donte will be gone soon and I suppose several people here could be in the same situation.

2 years ago I was faced with the prospect of buying an authentic throwback jersey. Like a moron I decided to get a new young player I could support and I had to choose between Lynch and Whitner. Great options right? So now I'm stuck with a Whitner jersey. I'm looking for someplace to buy a new nameplate. I live in the DC area though so I probably need to get one online. Any ideas?

I changed my McGahee jersey to a Spiller and it came out great. I had to send them a pre-paid return shipment envelope, big enough to put a jersey in it, as well as my jersey and they sent it right back to me in a short period of time. Make sure you use the US parcel service. They will make it easier for Sorrentino's Sports Center, Inc to send you your jersey back.

Here's their info. Make sure you call them first.

Sorrentino's Sports Center, Inc

2330 Sheridan Drive

Tonawanda, NY, 14150

716-836-2715

I'm not going to bother with the nameplate on my Whitner because i can easily get a new stitched jersey from the chinese sites for $40. It'll run what, at least $25-30 once you factor in the shipping and such, correct?

I'm not going to bother with the nameplate on my Whitner because i can easily get a new stitched jersey from the chinese sites for $40. It'll run what, at least $25-30 once you factor in the shipping and such, correct?

Can't say I remember exactly how much it cost, but it was around $30 total. Well worth it, IMO, those Chinese jersey are and look fake.

One other thing, ndirish, Sorrentino's will ask you to remove the Whitner name plate. It's pretty easily done with a razor, but make sure you do it slowly and don't cut too deep, just cut the thread that holds the nameplate in place.

I have used dhgate.com and had nothing but positive experiences with them. Jerseys will run around 30 to 40 when its all said and done and look good. My friend bought a moorman jersey for this reason tho, me on the other hand own a t.o., a lynch, and an edwards so maybe ill stop buying altogether and jinxing the team ;-)

buy a jersey of someone already on wall of fame.......never goes out of style.

Really the choices are Robert James, Henry Jones, or Joe Cribbs…unless you want the comic value of someone like Sherman Cocroft.

Robert James is the only #20 on the Bills Wall of Fame and he was a great player.

If someone was to wear a Robert James jersey into the Ralph, he would be accorded a lot of respect from knowledgeable, long-time Bills fans.

On the other hand, Jones and Cribbs were excellent players too and a bit more recent…they might actually have more name recognition than Robert James.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

something to keep in mind before investing more money this is going to be an "outdated" jersey regardless of the name.