Lott wants Rumsfeld out??

Mickey

Misca, why are you guys so worried about Hillary?  Unbeatable?  I don't think she could win diddly and I actually like her.

164924[/snapback]

I'm not worried at all. Personally, Granted, we're looking at strategy a few years down the road. Unless something changes, either Hillary, or a free agent to be yet mentioned, will run for president. and, I think she will get it.

Not her as much as the machine. Let's see where the Democrat party goes in the next year. I'll wait.

I have a feeling you don't want that, but you'd root for it...

Misca, why are you guys so worried about Hillary?  Unbeatable?  I don't think she could win diddly and I actually like her.

164924[/snapback]

Only reason I'd worry about Hillary is because foreign policy under Bill's administration was nothing more than one long collossal blunder. I can't see any reason that would be different under Hillary.

Plus...if she gets elected, that would mean from '88 on the presidents would have been:Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, and then Clinton. Twenty four years entrusted in two clans...that's nauseating.

Only reason I'd worry about Hillary is because foreign policy under Bill's administration was nothing more than one long collossal blunder.  I can't see any reason that would be different under Hillary.

Plus...if she gets elected, that would mean from '88 on the presidents would have been:Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, and then Clinton.  Twenty four years entrusted in two clans...that's nauseating.

165057[/snapback]

If Hillary were elected and was re-elected then Jeb was elected to two terms it would be: Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush. That's half a life time devoted to two families running this place. That's not nauseating, that's just damn scary.

If Hillary were elected and was re-elected then Jeb was elected to two terms it would be:  Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush, Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush.  That's half a life time devoted to two families running this place.  That's not nauseating, that's just damn scary.

165370[/snapback]

There's still room for a Crippen.

I'm not worried at all. Personally, Granted, we're looking at strategy a few years down the road. Unless something changes, either Hillary, or a free agent to be yet mentioned, will run for president. and, I think she will get it.

Not her as much as the machine. Let's see where the Democrat party goes in the next year. I'll wait.

I have a feeling you don't want that, but you'd root for it...

165012[/snapback]

Depends on the alternatives.

Depends on the alternatives.

165405[/snapback]

I'd love to see two woman candidates. That could be the catalyst for a viable third choice.

DISCLAIMER: Not an anti woman bash. I'll still vote for who I think the best candidate is, but I have a feeling a lot of folks wouldn't be comfortable with the idea.

If Hillary were elected and was re-elected then Jeb was elected to two terms it would be:

165370[/snapback]

Let's nip this in the bud.

A. No matter what kind of pull you think the Clintons have in the party, no way does Hillary get the nod even if she does run. I'm thinking it will probably come down to Bill Richardson, the gov in Arizona and Wes Clark part Deux, after we've gotten a chance to get used to him, and if he stays in the political mix, which I hope he does. If he was the nominee, he would've won by about 50 in the e.c.

B. Jeb Bush won't be running, unless he's aching to be a pinata. His five-time loser daughter's ongoing coke habit and the preferential treatment she's gotten in Florida will crush him in a national election. Nevermind what other skeletons he's got in the closet that will be dragged out. On second thought, go ahead and run Jeb in '08!

Let's nip this in the bud.

A. No matter what kind of pull you think the Clintons have in the party, no way does Hillary get the nod even if she does run. I'm thinking it will probably come down to Bill Richardson, the gov in Arizona and Wes Clark part Deux, after we've gotten a chance to get used to him, and if he stays in the political mix, which I hope he does. If he was the nominee, he would've won by about 50 in the e.c.

B. Jeb Bush won't be running, unless he's aching to be a pinata. His five-time loser daughter's ongoing coke habit and the preferential treatment she's gotten in Florida will crush him in a national election. Nevermind what other skeletons he's got in the closet that will be dragged out. On second thought, go ahead and run Jeb in '08!

165422[/snapback]

Honestly, I do not see Wes Clark making an impact in '08. I know that some of the problems were the fact that he entered late, but he just does not have what it takes, IMO.

It is too early to predict who will run, but I see Kerry wanting another shot, Richardson (as you mentioned) and I still think that Dean could run again if he does not get the DNC chair.

Honestly, I do not see Wes Clark making an impact in '08. I know that some of the problems were the fact that he entered late, but he just does not have what it takes, IMO.

It is too early to predict who will run, but I see Kerry wanting another shot, Richardson (as you mentioned) and I still think that Dean could run again if he does not get the DNC chair.

165432[/snapback]

It would be interesting to see Kerry run again, simply to see what his campaign would be in the absence of "Vote for me, I'm not Bush." Kerry 2008 would be forced to talk much more about actual issues rather than stupid BS ones.

I'm not sure if that would help or hinder him...but it would at least be interesting.

It would be interesting to see Kerry run again, simply to see what his campaign would be in the absence of "Vote for me, I'm not Bush."  Kerry 2008 would be forced to talk much more about actual issues rather than stupid BS ones.

I'm not sure if that would help or hinder him...but it would at least be interesting.

165449[/snapback]

Well, it was definitely a learning experience for him.

-He needs a better staff, and he needs to stop micromanaging them.

-He needs to stay away from the Vietnam stuff, and focus on other issues.

-He needs concrete ideas, not "I have a plan."

-His plans need to be feasible, not "I will pay for everything with tax increases, but the tax increases will not pay for everything."

...etc.

He had a golden opportunity to become President, since Bush was such a weak candidate. He just blundered his way through the campaign and could not pull it off. He needs to actually accomplish something in the Senate over the next few years. Here is a thought: how about introducing the legislation he proposed during the campaign? This will prove that he is serious about his ideas and not just putting something out there in order to become President. His actions over the next few years will speak volumes, IMO.

Here is a thought: how about introducing the legislation he proposed during the campaign? This will prove that he is serious about his ideas and not just putting something out there in order to become President.

165454[/snapback]

That's a very good idea.

I've got $20 that says it never happens... :devil:

That's a very good idea. 

I've got $20 that says it never happens...  :devil:

165470[/snapback]

I will not take that bet, since I know that he will do nothing. His ideas were for show. If they actually meant something to him, he would have proposed them before announcing his intentions to run. If he does anything this time around, he will start it about 6 months to a year before announcing. That way, he can say that he actually did something while in the Senate.

165432[/snapback]

Are you talking about Wesley Clark or George Bush Jr? If someone as unimpressive and unqualified as GW can get elected not once, but twice, Wesley Clark is a more than viable candidate. As Johnny Whittikar once sang, on "Family Affair", "any little (rich white) boy can be president, of the United States, the United States, the United States of America!"