Lott wants Rumsfeld out??

Mickey

Trent freaking Lott wants Rumsfeld out within the year. I can't believe my ears. Next you'll be telling me that Syria is on the UN Security Council. :rolleyes:;)

I suspect there must be something to like about Rummy that I have missed. If Trent Lott doesn't like him, chances are he has some redeeming qualities.

Really, why is Rumsfeld the scapegoat of his own party all of a sudden? Are these pols starting to hear some grumbling from their constituents about the war? What is going on here? Misca, I am starting to feel sorry for Rumsfeld.

Trent freaking Lott wants Rumsfeld out within the year.  I can't believe my ears.  Next you'll be telling me that Syria is on the UN Security Council.  :lol:  :lol:

I suspect there must be something to like about Rummy that I have missed.  If Trent Lott doesn't like him, chances are he has some redeeming qualities.

Really, why is Rumsfeld the scapegoat of his own party all of a sudden?  Are these pols starting to hear some grumbling from their constituents about the war?  What is going on here?  Misca, I am starting to feel sorry for Rumsfeld.

163254[/snapback]

So now Lott is credible, for you? Link?

Rummy and the Wolf are going to have to pried out of there with crow bars. A lot of feathers have been ruffled over the past four years, and a lot more are going to get plucked. It's not the war that's at issue, is transformations within DoD.

Well according to the cons I heard interviewed this morning the issue is not merely Rummy's incompetence but arrogance.

That from the right.

No new revelations to the left however.

He won't go before the "elections" 1/30.

Partisan politics at their finest. None of these guys (Lott, McCain) would dare make any of these comments during the campaign season. Lott, who cares. McCain, I have lost a ton of respect for him. I thought he had a lot more integrity than he has displayed the last few months. It was one thing to support Bush (who tried to disgrace him in 2000), but another to so publicly kiss his ass during the campaign, all the while questioning his competence, and his staff. Now, they are all angling for 2008! Just imagine how much criticism McCain will get (some of it fair, some of it not) for talking out of bothe sides of his mouth (ala John Kerry), should he try to run for president in 2008.

Partisan politics at their finest.  None of these guys (Lott, McCain) would dare make any of these comments during the campaign season. Lott, who cares.  McCain, I have lost a ton of respect for him.  I thought he had a lot more integrity than he has displayed the last few months.  It was one thing to support Bush (who tried to disgrace him in 2000), but another to so publicly kiss his ass during the campaign, all the while questioning his competence, and his staff.  Now, they are all angling for 2008!  Just imagine how much criticism McCain will get (some of it fair, some of it not) for talking out of bothe sides of his mouth (ala John Kerry), should he try to run for president in 2008.

164249[/snapback]

Yeah, he was for the President but against all of his decisions, his policies and his advisers. Other than those details, he was pro-Bush all the way.

Yeah, he was for the President but against all of his decisions, his policies and his advisers.  Other than those details, he was pro-Bush all the way.

164332[/snapback]

Which is why McCain will never win the Republican nomination.

I wish Colin Powell would run.

How could the Dimocrats sell that THEY are the party of African Americans when the Repubs would put an African-American up for the nomination?

It would be veeeery interesting to see Move On spin that little doozy.

How could the Dimocrats sell that THEY are the party of African Americans when the Repubs would put an African-American up for the nomination?

164437[/snapback]

I think the argument would be cast along the lines of Colin Powell not being a "real" African American, but an "Uncle Tom"...

164437[/snapback]

If he ran, the Dems would just keep playing that silly affair where he showed "evidence" of Iraqi WMD to the UN. I was so ashamed for him that day.

If he ran, the Dems would just keep playing that silly affair where he showed "evidence" of Iraqi WMD to the UN. I was so ashamed for him that day.

164606[/snapback]

The Dims could do that, and they'd lose on it. Why? The same intel burned the Brits and the rest of the world for that matter.

Or, if you think like I do, the WMDs are in Syria.

164606[/snapback]

I think they could play that one down. He was just the messenger.

Doesn't matter-Powell will never, ever, run. Condi Rice is African american too, and might be the only shot at beating Hillary.

It will be very difficult to have a mixed race ticket. Like Chris Rock said, if you had a black VP, there'd be a brother out there who would be willing to do what it takes to make him president, and he'd end up being a king in prison. Same thing if you had a black Prez, then it would be the skinheads doing it.

I don't think it's any secret that Hillary is going to get the Democratic nod. The Clinton's control the money, and 80% of the party.

If Condoleeza Rice can do something noteworthy enough for people to consider her qualified, she's the only logical Republican choice to trump not only the female candidate, but any race issues the Dems might want to bring to the table as well.

As far as a woman president, no one would have a choice. You're getting one.

Powell will not run, nor be on the ticket because if he does, his wife will walk. Fortunately, he is a good man that has his priorities in order.

164437[/snapback]

Why do you think Powell would get the nomination? He was also pretty clearly not on board with many of Bush's policies and simply played the good soldier until he could honorably get the eff out of that administration which he did at the first opportunity.

Let me understand this logic, you can't be the party of African Americans unless you run one for President? Hmmm.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that if any party can be the one to claim that it is the party of African Americans, it would be the party that African Americans overwhelmingly support, in numbers that are so one sided it is embarassing, regardless of the color of the skin of their candidate. That would make sense wouldn't it, that the party they support is "their" party? See? I am just full of crazy, whacky ideas. We christ hating, troop disrespecting pagans are like that.

I think they could play that one down. He was just the messenger.

Doesn't matter-Powell will never, ever, run. Condi Rice is African american too, and might be the only shot at beating Hillary.

164717[/snapback]

Misca, why are you guys so worried about Hillary? Unbeatable? I don't think she could win diddly and I actually like her.

I don't think it's any secret that Hillary is going to get the Democratic nod. The Clinton's control the money, and 80% of the party.

If Condoleeza Rice can do something noteworthy enough for people to consider her qualified, she's the only logical Republican choice to trump not only the female candidate, but any race issues the Dems might want to bring to the table as well.

As far as a woman president, no one would have a choice. You're getting one.

Powell will not run, nor be on the ticket because if he does, his wife will walk. Fortunately, he is a good man that has his priorities in order.

164791[/snapback]

I seriously doubt that Hillary will be the next Democratic nominee, as the right keeps insisting. Also, all this "if Powell were the nominee, the Dims would have a hard time trumping up the race card, or if Condi does anything worthwhile she would be able to shut up all those who say the Repos' are racist and sexist" is laugh out loud hilarious. Until Rice or Powell are actually nominated (and nothing Condi has done so far makes her a worthy candidate, other than the tiresome cliche about her playing classical music, and wanting to be the NFL commissioner some day), you have no argument. "When" or "if" rarely count as much!