I am well pleased

Unfortunately, for me, this draft has gone downhill. You're telling me that taking 2 DBs and a now a RB is addressing the holes on this team? We got 2 linemen. That's it. 2. So, Nix apparently thinks both the offensive and defensive lines are pretty well set.

I don't get it. Of course, I'll wait till the season, if there even is a season, to start; but for me this draft is looking like more of the same. Picking a bunch of players with little direction or plan to actually build and address true needs.

1 LB. really... 1? oh yeah.... we're set.

Carrington, Troup, and Dareus were all drafted early, and FA Edwards signed, to play next to our all-pro DL Williams.

Woods, Levitre, and FA Urbik were all early draft picks to address our OLine, and we got a steal with Hairston for OT, and they drafted Wang last year for depth.

Batten, Moats, Coleman, and now Sheppard were all drafted and FA Merriman was picked up to play with Poz.

That's 4 at DL, 4-5 at OL, and 5 at LB.

How is that NOT addressing the lines and Front 7?

edit: added Edwards, thanks for the reminder MRW!!

Edited by DrDankenstein

Just curious why a RB in the top of the 5th round? Let alone one not that good anyway. Hey Buffalo, keep the wheels on the wagon train.

Because they're a little thin at that position, because the kid played receiver quite well, because he is a good returner and because Buddy said the Bills would be looking at RB later in the draft.

Carrington, Troup, and Dareus were all drafted early to play next to our all-pro DL Williams.

Woods, Levitre, and FA Urbik were all early draft picks to address our OLine, and we got a steal with Hairston for OT, and they drafted Wang last year for depth.

Batten, Moats, Coleman, and now Sheppard were all drafted and FA Merriman was picked up to play with Poz.

That's 3 at DL, 4-5 at OL, and 5 at LB.

On the DL, don't forget FA Edwards. Throw him in the mix and I like the look of that line.

Carrington, Troup, and Dareus were all drafted early to play next to our all-pro DL Williams.

That's 3 at DL, 4-5 at OL, and 5 at LB.

Stop using cold hard facts to logically rebut an hysterical tirade filled with more emotion than the backseat of a Chevy on Prom Night. Just stop.

On the DL, don't forget FA Edwards. Throw him in the mix and I like the look of that line.

Great point! Added to the post, thanks!

Stop using cold hard facts to logically rebut an hysterical tirade filled with more emotion than the backseat of a Chevy on Prom Night. Just stop.

Here comes the ban in 3... 2... :thumbsup:

Carrington, Troup, and Dareus were all drafted early, and FA Edwards signed, to play next to our all-pro DL Williams.

That's 4 at DL, 4-5 at OL, and 5 at LB.

edit: added Edwards, thanks for the reminder MRW!!

Carrington was a 3rd rounder. He and Troup have been used sparingly at best, so it's near impossible to say they've considerably upgraded the D-Line yet.

Batten a 6th rounder, Coleman Undrafted, and Merriman who still has a huge question mark as to whether he can even play, let alone play well. Moats, who had an ok rookie year, was also a 6th rounder.

That's a lot of late round, unproven, hopeful talent that's starting. Not to mention, who's the depth. And the Oline isn't much better, Wang, Urbik, and whoever we have at RT - all more hopes and wishes than solid play.

So, IMO, all these great moves, as you see them, are trying to piece meal a line together and hope it all works out. And, again, that's trying to find quality starters. I really want to get behind this team. Believe me I do. But, the biggest weakness for more than a decade has been poor line play - offensive and defensive. And here we are again, only marginally addressing it while we're filling "holes" in the defensive backfield. Wasn't going into last year all the talk about having one of the best secondaries in the league? What happened? Maybe we can't generate a pass rush?

I'm not jumping off any bandwagons. I'm not saying this is the worst draft ever. I'm just saying, that IMO, they're once again missing the mark of what this team's real weaknesses are and addressing holes that they're going to create by not re-signing perfectly decent players. That's pretty much the definition of running in place. Would it be so bad if they addressed the line, TE and LB positions with more than late round, undrafted guys that we hope develop in a few years? I guess so.

This draft is showing me the bills have a commitment to playing defense next year. KUDOS to Nix and Gailey for addressing true NEED.

Huh?!! Worst run defense in the league and even Nix says they need to pick up 2 linemen and 2 ILBs and they use their 2nd & 4th rounders on Jauron DBs? How often does a 6th round LB amount to anything?

I almost feel like this is Nix and Gailey's first draft and that last year was just kind of a wash. Most opf those picks were being brought along very slowly and didn't do much until the end of the year. I am hoping to see a big improvement this upcoming season.

And if they again have one of the worst run defenses and win only a handful of games, this could be their last draft.

Remember that while the bills for the past decade have done poorly at the top of the draft they have done very well with the bottom rounds and udfas. This draft has the makings of a very good one. What is even better is that Dareus will make a couple of key guys around him better. Mainly Kyle Williams who was already a beast and Poz if the Bills sign him to a new contract.

with the lockout udfa's are in a world o hurt. with the likely delay to training camp and the start of the season udfa's have almost no chance this year.