A few more Ruff years ahead...

ricojes

I think letting Drury and Briere walk was a mistake and it set the team back for a couple years. About now they are beginning to build something good again. Next year should be a big step forward.

The WNY war cry:

NEXT YEAR!!

The WNY war cry:

NEXT YEAR!!

Exactly! And it's primarily because the Buffalo teams would get close and then lose key players. But with an owner willing to spend, things may change, they can keep the key players and sign addition players. And that's what is getting fans excited...

I think letting Drury and Briere walk was a mistake and it set the team back for a couple years. About now they are beginning to build something good again. Next year should be a big step forward.

..and Brian Campbell. Could we have used him vs the Flyers?

.Such a miserable legacy

ARGH! I said it then and I will say it now... Life is sometimes scripted... In the end it was for the best and financial makeup of the team where Golisano righted the org finacially and left it in good shape for the new owner Pegula.

..and Brian Campbell. Could we have used him vs the Flyers?

.Such a miserable legacy

Not really... Remember the Sabres were coming out of bankruptcy w/ Golisano... He couldn't over pay... Now, under Pegula... It may be a different story. What would have happened if they won a Cup then left town? It would be worse. Now with Pegula, the Sabres will always be in BFLO. Just think if Balsillie got his hands on this team!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

As I've mentioned up here in SF I tell people I'm from SoCal (where I lived for 26 years) instead of Buffalo. That way they hate me instead of feel sorry for me. That I can handle.

I hate you and don't feel sorry for you...and I tell people you are from SoCal...I got your back! :devil: