About Dareus

Take the 20 minutes and go through this comprehensive breakdown of Dareus playing 3-4 DE in Alabama's last bowl game. Kid is SOLID. I think you'll end up a fan...

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/1/17/1937512/the-prospect-playbook-marcell-dareus-dt-de-alabama

He has that IT... you know that mean streak...playback..prove im better thing

man those videos are awesome! Saw them before, but I had not expected Dareus to be available at #3. I would be estatic if he is!

Maybe you shouldnt have posted this until Bills pick him, I dont want to get hopes up.

thx tho!

Edited by dgrid

Take the 20 minutes and go through this comprehensive breakdown of Dareus playing 3-4 DE in Alabama's last bowl game. Kid is SOLID. I think you'll end up a fan...

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/1/17/1937512/the-prospect-playbook-marcell-dareus-dt-de-alabama

Guy moves like a 320lb gazel. So swift, can change directions and uses his hands well to keep OL from latching on. As long as he has the dedication he'll be great. He's the guy I've wanted all along (though I do like Miller too) - trying not to get my hopes up...

Guy moves like a 320lb gazel. So swift, can change directions and uses his hands well to keep OL from latching on. As long as he has the dedication he'll be great. He's the guy I've wanted all along (though I do like Miller too) - trying not to get my hopes up...

yeah he made those MSU O-linemen look like idiots. there was one where guard was just left standing there, like "uh, what do I do now?"

I agree. Someone posted that Under Armor Sports Science bit with Dareus yesterday....the kid is one mean sumabeotch and strong/fast

we should be excited about Dareus or Von Miller....i think Miller is a little more easier to rally behind... but Both guys IF THEY STAY HEALTHY and HUNGRY WOW!

How can Miller be easier to rally behind when Dareus is the COMPLETE player?? Dareus will help against the pass AND run. Miller, not so much.

I'm perfectly happy with either Dareus or Miller. I'm really hoping Newton does end up going 1 overall so I'm not sitting there when the Bills are on the clock wondering if they're gonna do something crazy.

Not that this means much in the scheme of things but on Sportscience (yeah, with that annoying host), Dareus was doing many of the drills that they put Suh through last year and from the numbers they came up with, Dareus ended up being quicker and more powerful. I know it's just a silly segment but I thought I'd share.

One thing I liked that Mayock said about him (regarding his mock and going to the Bills) is that he is versatile enough to play 3 positions -- and for the Bills he would be an upgrade at all 3 positions.

Yep, and he's not just a "jack of all trades" along the line. He can dominate almost anywhere you put him.

Posting clips of the MSU game is just not fair, those linemen stood no chance. Dominated that game, it was insane.

Much like Miller, Dareus was hampered with an ankle injury during the course of the season, played through it. He was well rested for that MSU game.

i went back to the film room aka Youtube...

I like the kid, Im not saying more than von Miller, but not less than him either... Sometimes it takes me awhile...but in the last 2 hours he has grown on me

My bigger concern about him is that it makes more sense if we are in a 4-3 than a 3-4. I am not sold on him as a great 3-4 DE at the next level and I would think he would be much better used with him at DE in a 4-3 and Kyle and Troup clogging the middle.

How can Miller be easier to rally behind when Dareus is the COMPLETE player?? Dareus will help against the pass AND run. Miller, not so much.

Traditionally linebackers are easier to rally behind, ACROSS THE NFL...and we can debate most complete all day...My point is Miller is the best AT WHAT HE DOES AND SO IS DAREUS....

My bigger concern about him is that it makes more sense if we are in a 4-3 than a 3-4. I am not sold on him as a great 3-4 DE at the next level and I would think he would be much better used with him at DE in a 4-3 and Kyle and Troup clogging the middle.

ATTENTION ALHPADAWG7, YES THIS MEANS YOU:

And it's not like they just played that Defense and Dareus at DE only for this game...