All Newton all the time

RichardBag

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Buffalo will run to the podium if Newton is there" - John Clayton on ESPN circa 9:15pm, 4/14/11

He also said that Gabbert is our leading canidate for our pick, followed by Von Miller. The Bills are expecting Newton to be gone.

I figured most didnt see this as the Sabres are on right now.

Edited by Thoner7

"Buffalo will run to the podium if Newton is there" - John Clayton on ESPN circa 9:15pm, 4/14/11

He also said that Gabbert is our leading canidate for our pick, followed by Von Miller. The Bills are expecting Newton to be gone.

Was John Clayton able to make through Buffalo's Black Hole? John Clayton does look Alien-ish.

Or is he just making stuff up.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Looks like that little guy from the jetsons. *#€£ Clayton.

I always thought he looked like the one teacher from South Park mmmmk.

I also think he was forced to make up some kind of news for his spot on ESPN.

I always thought he looked like the one teacher from South Park mmmmk.

I also think he was forced to make up some kind of news for his spot on ESPN.

The Great Gazoo is also in the running. Just paint him green and put some antennae on his head.

The Heisman isnt given to the player "most likely to succeed in the NFL", it's a college award given to the best college player. Sometimes their game translates to the NFL, sometimes it doesn't.

Cute that you look "over the last 10 years" when the winners from 2010 and 2009 arent even IN the NFL yet (Ingram and Newton).

But you're right, the Bills shouldnt take a chance on guys like:

Sam Bradford

Tim Tebow

Reggie Bush

Carson Palmer

Ricky Williams

Charles Woodson

Eddie George

Those are 7 guys from the last 14 years. 50% is pretty good odds when it comes to the crap-shoot of the draft.

I'll give you that QBs can be trickier, but its still 3 out of 7 over those years...

See, anyone with half a brain can twist stats to fit their argument.

Staying away from a guy because he won the award for the best college player sounds absolutely ridiculous.

But no more ridiculous than thinking the Bills should draft him because he won that meaningless-as-a-predictor-of-NFL-success award.

btw...out of your list of seven guys up there, the Bills only passed on one of them.

Has Clayton said anything relevant about anything in the last two years, his opinion on football matters have taken a back seat since Adam Schefter joined ESPN IMO. Man that dude is fugly.

Anyway, I just can't see this franchise drafting a QB at #3 considering how bad the defense has been the last 5 years. But then... this is the same team that traded away their best O linemen, and then replaced him in the draft with a first round OLB/DE who can't play. The new regime takes over and drafts a first round RB who can't play...the more things change, the more they stay the same.

There isn't much that this team can do to shock me anymore, doing the smart thing with that 50 million dollar #3 draft pick might be a refreshing change though.

Newton was a man among boys in college. He is a beast & does what it takes to win. You can not deny 50 TDs. However I think Buffalo needs a DE more than any other position,

probably 2 of them.

Which means nothing except no one has any idea what he can do when he's NOT a 'man among boys', as will be the case in the NFL. The 'quick glance to see if my primary receiver is wide open and if not take off running' style of QB doesn't tend to work as well against the Jets or Pats as it does against Vandy.

Carolina will try to sign Newton from now until ten months after the draft. He'll be so far off the board when we pick, he'll be in orbit.

Gabbert, Miller, or Dareus, and you've got to hope that Miller or Dareus don't bust.

Don't know if you guys have seen this but this is Cam speaking with Gruden. Gruden asks Cam to call a play and Cam freezes and goes on to talk about how he's used to the simplicity of Auburn's offense. You see his face when Gruden was calling out that play? This is what worries me about him.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6375220

Don't know if you guys have seen this but this is Cam speaking with Gruden. Gruden asks Cam to call a play and Cam freezes and goes on to talk about how he's used to the simplicity of Auburn's offense. You see his face when Gruden was calling out that play? This is what worries me about him.

I was just about to post this...very concerning

I was just about to post this...very concerning

How any of his handlers let him show up on this is effing amazing. The guy is a effing moron.

He does look comfortable on the field but this is exactly what I was expecting to see once Gruden got ahold of him. Of course, Gruden will not give his opinion until after the draft or a few months later.

How any of his handlers let him show up on this is effing amazing. The guy is a effing moron.

He does look comfortable on the field but this is exactly what I was expecting to see once Gruden got ahold of him. Of course, Gruden will not give his opinion until after the draft or a few months later.

I mean how can you not know your own playbook? mine wasnt exactly rocket science in High School but i can still write it out for you 5 years after the fact

I mean how can you not know your own playbook? mine wasnt exactly rocket science in High School but i can still write it out for you 5 years after the fact

Exactly. I was a TE in 8th grade. I can still name you all of my audibles. Black40 - TE boot to sideline. Blue40, inside 5 yard post. Red40, aim 2 yards deep behind ILB and curl. 4040, just go deep. Blast - roll out to protect QB - he's keeping it. Polo - audible to pass protect.

I moved to OL in high school, as well as DE...and I can still tell you pretty much the activity on every play, what each player is doing. Of course, I played all 4 positions on the line...but I was hardly a QB.

Edited by jboyst62

Exactly. I was a TE in 8th grade. I can still name you all of my audibles. Black40 - TE boot to sideline. Blue40, inside 5 yard post. Red40, aim 2 yards deep behind ILB and curl. 4040, just go deep. Blast - roll out to protect QB - he's keeping it. Polo - audible to pass protect.

I moved to OL in high school, as well as DE...and I can still tell you pretty much the activity on every play, what each player is doing. Of course, I played all 4 positions on the line...but I was hardly a QB.

I played QB so i knew everyone's assignment purely because I had to be able to tell people what to do if they didn't know what to do. As a QB that was my responsibility and I took it seriously. For Cam, the leader, the Heisman Trophy winner to not know his playbook is odd at the very least and scary to think someone will make him a top ten pick...i pray it isn't us

I played QB so i knew everyone's assignment purely because I had to be able to tell people what to do if they didn't know what to do. As a QB that was my responsibility and I took it seriously. For Cam, the leader, the Heisman Trophy winner to not know his playbook is odd at the very least and scary to think someone will make him a top ten pick...i pray it isn't us

I have been switching back and forth on whether the reward is worth the risk. In the mock draft as Carolina I even took him first...

but that the guy had numbers held up for him, in this case 34, isn't surprising. If I was Gruden, I would have asked what those numbers were. Have him draw the entire play that is 34, and then give a few other numbers and see what he can do.

Do you think when he goes in the bathroom he has a coach hold up a sign that says #1? Or #2? That way he's not confused?

I have been switching back and forth on whether the reward is worth the risk. In the mock draft as Carolina I even took him first...

but that the guy had numbers held up for him, in this case 34, isn't surprising. If I was Gruden, I would have asked what those numbers were. Have him draw the entire play that is 34, and then give a few other numbers and see what he can do.

Do you think when he goes in the bathroom he has a coach hold up a sign that says #1? Or #2? That way he's not confused?

I mean i know that helped me when i was little so it cant hurt

Very troubling, indeed. Makes you wonder how he did in the interview with Chan? Extrapolating from that video, I'd say he bombed it.