Adam Schefter: Denver is taking Miller at 2

Miller is apparently a great player, but his participation in a lawsuit with a potential employer with whom is not yet employed makes me leary of him. I smell troublemaker. Best to stay away from that dude in my view. So, I would be thrilled with Dareus...not so happy with a QB. QB's are about the head.....Newton isn't there...we don't need another Losman, who had a great arm and no head.

seems to me that this would make Ralph leary of drafting this kid just based on principle.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus falling to 3? Boner. Happy Ending!

Fixed, you're welcome. :w00t:

I have never been on the Miller bandwagon...I hope this turns out to be true

We get Dareus that is too good. No way the Bills mess that up.

Wait til after the draft to make that statement.

I think that if the Bills get Miller the whole defense will improve. From the run "D" to the pass "D". If Miller turns into the dominate pass rusher he is being made out to be then the corners and safeties will get a hell of a lot better because they won't have to cover the receivers as long. Opposing QB's will have less time to make reads, HOPEFULLY.

Dareus will greatly improve the run "D", but I don't think will help the pass "D" as much.

Either one will be good, I just hope they avoid Newton and Gabbert. They scare me.

Edited by Kevin

Schefer was on Mike and Mike and said Carolina wants to take Newton, but they're still trying to convince themselves he's the right pick. Said they're leaning to him, but still haven't sold themselves on him.

Said he thinks Denver would take Von Miller

Then Buffalo would take Dareus.

He said Newton, Miller and Dareus will be the top 3, and Buffalo will just take whoever is left...basically.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=mikeandmike

Scroll down and click on his interview

Oh' hell yeah!!! Figgin idiots, picking a 34 OLB when you are switching back to 43 is genius. :wallbash: But that is awesome news for us. If we don't take Gabbert then Dareus is the no brainer. Pats can go pound salt, first two picks for 3rd overall? They better give us their whole draft for that, well would take their first 3 rounds and nothing less. Boy that would be nice, 2 firsts, 3 seconds, 3 thirds :thumbsup:

Is Dareus that good? I honestly don't know. Everything I've read suggests that he's about 70 percent of the player that Suh is (at best).

More like 90% which is still second best in the NFL.

'Skins eyeing Denver's No. 2 pick, Gabbert

If the Broncos' pick is on the table, Washington may be a buyer. The Redskins want to move up, perhaps as high as the Denver Broncos' No. 2 overall pick Thursday, to ensure they land a quarterback in the NFL draft. Several general managers believe the Redskins, who are expected to cut ties with veteran Donovan McNabb, will make the move to land Missouri's Blaine Gabbert. The Redskins have strong reports on Gabbert and University of Washington quarterback Jake Locker, and some inside the organization believe Gabbert is worthy of the No. 1 pick. Gabbert could be available to the Redskins at No. 10, where they are scheduled to pick for now. But there are no assurances, and if Gabbert is a potential franchise quarterback, then Washington's desire to make sure it can secure him will be great.

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?page=1#ixzz1KjFdcEfc

i'd rather have Miller...has more intangibles....Pass Rushing...chasing RB down from the back side...can drop back in coverage...Teams are going to have to take TE's out of the passing game to stay back and block.... i've said it all year...i'm not excited or moved by any of the DLmen in this draft...

if we had NO QB or if we didnt have a guy who projected could throw for 3,600 years and 27-28 Td's

Then i'd be all over Cam.... but imo.... it has to be Miller...

BUT! our offensive is only one Dymanic player(AJ GREEN) away from being a real force in the league....

Another way to stop the run, put up points and make a team put the ball in the air more... then players like moat, anmaybe a healthy merriman have their impact