• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW

I mean...

WOW!

Gus adjusting his tie as he crumples to the ground...

And the revelation that Walt was two moves ahead of everybody for the last two episodes, when we all thought he was just in panic mode...but how far has he sunk as a person?

Wow.

Double wow. I will remember the final Gus scene for a long, long time...

You don't fuk with Walter White, baby!!!

Amazing show...it's more than earned some time off...I can't wait til next year!

Wow, this season was F---ing EPIC!

If a character as big as Gus goes out, at least he went out memorably. How many of us thought that with him walking out of the room with that left-side camera shot, he would come out of it OK? Yet another episode title that means one fairly benign thing going into it, and then you have instant recognition of the episode by those few words afterwards. Hope that doesn't creep into my dreams....

As for Mike, the last we saw of him was when he got shot in the gut in Mexico, right? And the doctors were shunning him to treat Gus first. If he has recuperated (and you can bet that his treatment is over now that Gus is dead and not paying) I do think he's a practical enough man to realize that the operation is over and move on.

Lots of ways this can go next season. Since the BB world is still in 2009(?), I wouldn't be fazed if they fast-forward the timeline similar to how "Desperate Housewives" advanced by 5 years. That lab destruction and handshake scene between Walt and Jesse seemed like it settled their business relationship, they've seen what all this has wrought, what they've had to do to survive / who they've become, and what it's done to their lives and they make an exit. (But can anyone make a clean break from all that's happened here?) And then somewhere down the line, their paths must cross again. I heard Vince Gilligan say on NPR's "Fresh Air" awhile back that the final 16 episodes may be broken up into two 8-ep seasons. If I had to guess, I'd say that one of them is going to be Walt having to elude Hank/DEA, b/c a mystery like this is sure to stick in Hank's craw.

And the revelation that Walt was two moves ahead of everybody for the last two episodes, when we all thought he was just in panic mode...but how far has he sunk as a person?

The potted Lily of the Valley reveal right at the end totally floored me.

Bryan Cranston sold me on it being Gus and the ricin.

But for it to have worked, it almost had to have been Walt who swiped the cigarette when he showed up at Jesse's.

One thing that struck me was the fantastic acting by Hector in the epic scene. Gus thinks he finally has broken him by getting him to look at him, tears in his eys, and then he changing to the look of pure fury and hatred as he springs the trap. Just awesome!!!!

One thing that struck me was the fantastic acting by Hector in the epic scene. Gus thinks he finally has broken him by getting him to look at him, tears in his eys, and then he changing to the look of pure fury and hatred as he springs the trap. Just awesome!!!!

Yeah, Mark Margolis is one of those great character actors who has been around forever...it is cool that he found such a great role late in life..."Sopranos" was always great with finding old-time tv actors, and giving them distringuished roles.

I was blown away by the finale...but am I the only one who is kind of sad to see Gus go? It was a memorable exit, to be sure, but one of the truly great villans...almost a more real life Darth Vader...can't wait for the final season to start...

Wow, this season was F---ing EPIC!

If a character as big as Gus goes out, at least he went out memorably. How many of us thought that with him walking out of the room with that left-side camera shot, he would come out of it OK? Yet another episode title that means one fairly benign thing going into it, and then you have instant recognition of the episode by those few words afterwards. Hope that doesn't creep into my dreams....

As for Mike, the last we saw of him was when he got shot in the gut in Mexico, right? And the doctors were shunning him to treat Gus first. If he has recuperated (and you can bet that his treatment is over now that Gus is dead and not paying) I do think he's a practical enough man to realize that the operation is over and move on.

Lots of ways this can go next season. Since the BB world is still in 2009(?), I wouldn't be fazed if they fast-forward the timeline similar to how "Desperate Housewives" advanced by 5 years. That lab destruction and handshake scene between Walt and Jesse seemed like it settled their business relationship, they've seen what all this has wrought, what they've had to do to survive / who they've become, and what it's done to their lives and they make an exit. (But can anyone make a clean break from all that's happened here?) And then somewhere down the line, their paths must cross again. I heard Vince Gilligan say on NPR's "Fresh Air" awhile back that the final 16 episodes may be broken up into two 8-ep seasons. If I had to guess, I'd say that one of them is going to be Walt having to elude Hank/DEA, b/c a mystery like this is sure to stick in Hank's craw.

Bryan Cranston sold me on it being Gus and the ricin.

But for it to have worked, it almost had to have been Walt who swiped the cigarette when he showed up at Jesse's.

When Walt and Jesse part ways at the end, just by his voice intonation, Walt was trying to subtly convince Jesse that Gus was behind the whole thing...and it is also kind of clear, Jesse isn't necessarily buying it.

b]but how far has he sunk as a person?[/b]Wow.

The very definition of the concept of "breaking bad"!

Edited by Buftex

I was blown away by the finale...but am I the only one who is kind of sad to see Gus go? It was a memorable exit, to be sure, but one of the truly great villans...almost a more real life Darth Vader...can't wait for the final season to start...

It was sad to see such a great character go, but it was a fitting demise if you really think about it. The foundation of Gus' empire was his calculating and logical nature. Even when he did something so risky as to wipe out the entirety of Don Eladio's crew, there was a methodical plan in motion and he stuck to the plan. In an industry filled with loose cannons, Gus rose to the top because he knew how to cover his tracks and stay in the shadows.

The decision that ultimately ended his life was one of emotion, not logic. Gus should have sent one of his lackeys to kill Hector Salamanca, but he simply couldn't resist the temptation of seeing the life drain out of the old man's eyes. His thirst for revenge against the Cartel was his one emotional indulgence. Once Walt caught wind from Saul of this weakness...well, that was the end of Gus Fring.

Some people are saying the whole Harvey Dent thing was over the top...I think it was absolutely brilliant. My jaw was just hanging open.

It was sad to see such a great character go, but it was a fitting demise if you really think about it. The foundation of Gus' empire was his calculating and logical nature. Even when he did something so risky as to wipe out the entirety of Don Eladio's crew, there was a methodical plan in motion and he stuck to the plan. In an industry filled with loose cannons, Gus rose to the top because he knew how to cover his tracks and stay in the shadows.

The decision that ultimately ended his life was one of emotion, not logic. Gus should have sent one of his lackeys to kill Hector Salamanca, but he simply couldn't resist the temptation of seeing the life drain out of the old man's eyes. His thirst for revenge against the Cartel was his one emotional indulgence. Once Walt caught wind from Saul of this weakness...well, that was the end of Gus Fring.

Some people are saying the whole Harvey Dent thing was over the top...I think it was absolutely brilliant. My jaw was just hanging open.

It was perfect! I was momentarily stunned as to what I was actually seeing...

It was perfect! I was momentarily stunned as to what I was actually seeing...

I thought it was well done...I remember seeing one of those "unsolved murder" shows some time ago, where a son allegedly decapitated his father while he slept, and bludgeoned his mother...freaky thing was, the the father, although headless, still rose from the bed, and took a few steps, before collapsing...not unlike Gus...it was really creepy, but effective.

I thought it was well done...I remember seeing one of those "unsolved murder" shows some time ago, where a son allegedly decapitated his father while he slept, and bludgeoned his mother...freaky thing was, the the father, although headless, still rose from the bed, and took a few steps, before collapsing...not unlike Gus...it was really creepy, but effective.

When I saw Gus walk out of the room apparently fine, and then the pan showing half his head missing, I was shocked!

NO WAY!!! GUS IS THE TERMINATOR!!!!

then he fell over....

When I saw Gus walk out of the room apparently fine, and then the pan showing half his head missing, I was shocked!

then he fell over....

Remember when he walked into the flying bullets at the chicken warehouse? Jesse to Mike "what's with him and the Terminator stuff?" :lol:

What a fantastic episode! I was just about cheering as Hector hit his bell to blow up Gus. Then to see Gus walk out of the room was unreal. And the final reveal of the plant on Walt's patio...just awesome!

To me, it almost seemed like a series finale rather than a season finale. They seemed to wrap up so much...killing off Gus, blowing up the lab, Don Eladio's group is gone, Hector is gone.

I'm sure they will come up with some brilliant stuff next year but I have no idea what it will be.

So what will next season bring?

I'm thinking Gus as a character will be back. Kind of like how Gail died in the season 3 finale but was back for early episodes of season 4. Hank and the DEA will definitely be on the case investigating Gus background.

At the end when Walt and Jesse take care of the lab, notice that they're carrying towels and throw them into the laundry pile. Then Jesse pulls the fire alarm. All without gloves. If the cops come in and dust for prints...

Mike will turn up eventually.

Skylar will start to fear Walt now that she knows what he's capable of.

Same here....just a fantastic twist after you had finally stopped looking for them.

I am thinking Gus can't go down like that, without any repercussions...I don't even know what to make of it all, but another fine episode...I will say, though, I shouldn't look at the episode names until after I see them...I had guessed, from the title, that somebody wasn't going to be intact by the end of the episode, and I guessed the correct person...sad, I loved that character.

I kinda figured it was his time and was pretty convinced once Walt went to see Hector. And when he said "any second thoughts?", I immediately thought of a suicide bomb. Great way for Hector to come back into the series and go out with his revenge.

To me, it almost seemed like a series finale rather than a season finale. They seemed to wrap up so much...killing off Gus, blowing up the lab, Don Eladio's group is gone, Hector is gone.

I don't think that was an accident. Wasn't there some question a while back about whether the show would be extended another year? Remember how far in advance they shoot TV series; I bet they wrote this as a series finale in case the show wasn't picked up for 2012.

he walked out and I said 'holy f***'....then they went to the other side and the series nearly went into the sh**er for me....i honestly thought for a second he was a robot.....what a scene....un-REAL....

I was listening to the show on headphones and when you hear that neighbor of hectors start saying 'hello....hi'...it really freaked me out....i had to look around the room thinking i might be experiencing a ghost...it was freaky.... :oops:

then he fell over....

One of the things I've noticed since last night is that I'm feeling completely "satisfied" as a result of that finale. It may be the most satisfying season finale that I've ever seen. Sure, there are some loose ends still, but nothing really all that important. All that stress and uneasiness that I was feeling over Walt's situation (and Jesse's) has been resolved. It's really an odd feeling...I can't remember ever feeling this way about a tv show before. I think what Gilligan gave us was just a HUGE payoff in the end, and I don't know that I could have asked for anything more.

One of the things I've noticed since last night is that I'm feeling completely "satisfied" as a result of that finale. It may be the most satisfying season finale that I've ever seen. Sure, there are some loose ends still, but nothing really all that important. All that stress and uneasiness that I was feeling over Walt's situation (and Jesse's) has been resolved. It's really an odd feeling...I can't remember ever feeling this way about a tv show before. I think what Gilligan gave us was just a HUGE payoff in the end, and I don't know that I could have asked for anything more.

Which is what makes this such a brilliant show when you stop and consider that..............the bad guy won!

Walt's do-gooder list:

--murder of several people

--manufacture of a drug that ruins countless lives

--poisoning a child

--watching a young woman choke to death

--screwing a guy out of his business

--endangering the lives of his family

And that's just off the top of my head. Much like The Sopranos, the writers have done a wonderful job making us feel deep affinity for a reprehensible human being.

Which is what makes this such a brilliant show when you stop and consider that..............the bad guy won!

Walt's do-gooder list:

--murder of several people

--manufacture of a drug that ruins countless lives

--poisoning a child

--watching a young woman choke to death

--screwing a guy out of his business

--endangering the lives of his family

And that's just off the top of my head. Much like The Sopranos, the writers have done a wonderful job making us feel deep affinity for a reprehensible human being.

And it's not just the writers. Bryan Cranston creates such depth of character that it's hard to not feel a connection.

here's part of a Q&A with Vince Gilligan where he echo's exactly what you said...

Q.

I have to say that this season finale almost felt like a series finale, with all of the story lines that it appears to wrap up. Was that by design?

A.

That is on purpose. We weren’t sure that we would have a fifth season when we were plotting out the end of Season 4. So we wanted to make the end of Season 4 as satisfying and as complete as possible, not knowing what the future would hold. Having said that, there are a couple of big, outstanding questions still in play. But I agree with you, if the show had not gone on past the end of Season 4 – although I’m very happy to say that it indeed will – but if it weren’t to go forward, I think I could be satisfied on some level, by that episode.