I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

Interesting take. He just doesn't strike me as an organic character, especially on a show that's ostensibly about the darkness of the human spirit.

Yeah, but don't forget, the love his family is what made Walt "break bad" in the first place. It seems like a long time ago now, but Walt Sr was a "goody two shoes" at one point too...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't read through this thread, but I watched the first two and a half seasons and right now I'm completely bored of Breaking Bad. Just got done with the episode with the fly in the lab and I just can't find enough interest to go to the next episode.

When is the next season of Sons of Anarchy starting??? CAN'T WAIT!

Dude, I frickin HATED "Fly". I posted about it somewhere earlier on...just a complete waste of time, IMO.

I would try and encourage you to keep watching, but if you've already watched half way into season 3 and you aren't engaged with the show, you probably won't be beyond that. I think most people consider S2 the best, but I actually really liked S3.

Sons of Anarchy has been on my radar a while...they have it on Netflix, so I was thinking about starting it up.

You won't regret starting SOA. It's really good.

Also, watch "Ong Bak" It's also really good. (Tony Jaa is amazing)

Thanks man, I'll definitely check out both

Walter's losing it big time...

getting the honduran women to clean the lab...blowing up at skyler....buying the car....telling jesse 'it's all about me'. Gus actually looked worried in the diner scene. Tucker and his buddy were uber creepy looking...good god meth is a nasty drug....

Tucker!

Fantastic episode last night. "I'm the one who knocks!" That Four Corners Monument doesn't see a whole lot of traffic, huh? There's a really good podcast with Jonathan Banks on the AMC website.

Walter's losing it big time...

getting the honduran women to clean the lab...blowing up at skyler....buying the car....telling jesse 'it's all about me'. Gus actually looked worried in the diner scene. Tucker and his buddy were uber creepy looking...good god meth is a nasty drug....

I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!

that mini-rant of Walt's sent a chill up my spine, brilliant stuff.

LOVED tonight's episode...this will be a pivotal episode to remember from this point forward, cause a lot of stuff went down.

I thought the scene with the Cartel rep and Gus was awesome...

I'm assuming their wanting a "yes or no" and not accepting the money offer pertained to their desire to exact some revenge for events of seasons past...is that how you guys took it, or am I off base here?

I'm really happy to see Hank getting his mojo back. I've missed the dynamic he brings to the show, especially being so close in terms of his relationship to Walter. They really put down some roots tonight, and I'm psyched to see what grows from here...should be a great ride!!

Edited by ajzepp

LOVED tonight's episode...this will be a pivotal episode to remember from this point forward, cause a lot of stuff went down.

I thought the scene with the Cartel rep and Gus was awesome...

I'm assuming their wanting a "yes or no" and not accepting the money offer pertained to their desire to exact some revenge for events of seasons past...is that how you guys took it, or am I off base here?

I'm really happy to see Hank getting his mojo back. I've missed the dynamic he brings to the show, especially being so close in terms of his relationship to Walter. They really put down some roots tonight, and I'm psyched to see what grows from here...should be a great ride!!

It's difficult to determine what they mean with "Yes or No". Does the cartel still need revenge for Tuco and the Cousins? Or do they wish to continue to do business with Gus as before? Gus clearly controls meth manufacture & distribution in the Southwest US. Does he also distribute other cartel drugs? Does he manufacture meth for the cartel? I don't believe we've been given this information.

Other thoughts: Hank getting Gus' prints was Dexter-like. Walt didn't get the "walk away from an explosion and don't look back moment like he had in season one". How big is Madrigal Electromotive Gmbh? How do you launder $7.5 million (all in $50 bills) per year? Jesse's rant about having consequences mean something was intense. It's going to be difficult for him to poison Gus with them giving him so much more responsibility (hey - he carried the vegetable platter!).

Great episode. Looking forward to the 2nd half of the season.

Didn't have power Sunday night so I missed the premiere but was able to DVR the replay last night

Opening scene was awesome. Not a word spoken but the mindset of Jesse revealed. Restart or Quit?

Later in the episode when he was painting the house. Jesse is trying to clean up after the funk he was in.

What does the Cartel want? I'm sure we'll find out in the next couple of episodes.

Jesse had a golden opportunity to eliminate Gus but didn't. The later scene with Mike where Mike mentioned Jesse displays loyalty, but then questions if Jesse is loyal to the right man.

Jesse will have to decide who he smokes with the Lucky Cigarette.

Hank is on the trail.

Between the Cartel and now the DEA, I think Gus' days are numbered

I think that the end is near for Gus. I thought that the clue would have come from the Pollos chicken trucks being shot up by the cartel. How did several trucks being strafed and the drivers killed not have led to some kind of police investigation??

The same way Saul covered up Walt's auto incident

wow. Is it possible that this show just keeps getting better? Some very, very important background on Gustavo. I begin to see more facets of the character, all of which are developing him into a very disturbing individual.

So we see the origins of the cartel - Los Pollos war. How much anyone want to bet Gus had to take out the big Mexican boss?

wow. Is it possible that this show just keeps getting better? Some very, very important background on Gustavo. I begin to see more facets of the character, all of which are developing him into a very disturbing individual.

So we see the origins of the cartel - Los Pollos war. How much anyone want to bet Gus had to take out the big Mexican boss?

From the Insider Podcast: (1) Gus is gay. (2) The character that is Gus' "partner", was given the name of the actor that played "Krazy-8" in the first 3 episodes of the show (Max Arciniega).

You know what this episode proved to me? Once they kill off Walt, they can still have another season dedicated just to the Gus vs Cartel stuff! Walt was almost an afterthought in this one...and I LOVE that we have the Hank dynamic back in play...that's what made this show great for me earlier on...you have Walt's duality interacting with Hank, and in fact Hank has a dual nature in WALT'S eyes since Hank plays two roles (brother in law and DEA agent), but not in his own...that's brilliant stuff! Then you get Gus, Mike, Jesse, the Cartel, etc, etc involved and it's a big party...can't wait til next week!

From the Insider Podcast: (1) Gus is gay. (2) The character that is Gus' "partner", was given the name of the actor that played "Krazy-8" in the first 3 episodes of the show (Max Arciniega).

OK. I've just been spoiled on a MAJOR plot development because most everyone here has been using the spoiler tags for regular discussion post-episode (for some reason that escapes me) as well as for future actual spoiler information.

This sh-- has to stop or I'm not participating in this thread any more.

(Note: Hops, this isn't your fault and I'm not blaming you.)

Edited by UConn James

OK. I've just been spoiled on a MAJOR plot development because most everyone here has been using the spoiler tags for regular discussion post-episode (for some reason that escapes me) as well as for future actual spoiler information.

This sh-- has to stop or I'm not participating in this thread any more.

(Note: Hops, this isn't your fault and I'm not blaming you.)

I guess in the era of DVRs, I'm of the assumption that lots of fans don't actually watch shows on first viewing, so I use the spoiler tags for that reason. Since the stuff I posted was actual Insider stuff from the podcast, I felt it was truly "spoilerish". I'm not sure what the protocol is.

I guess in the era of DVRs, I'm of the assumption that lots of fans don't actually watch shows on first viewing, so I use the spoiler tags for that reason. Since the stuff I posted was actual Insider stuff from the podcast, I felt it was truly "spoilerish". I'm not sure what the protocol is.

The protocol should be, if you are worried about spoilers, don't go in the thread...

The protocol should be, if you are worried about spoilers, don't go in the thread...

Funny how in the LOST threads we RARELY --- if ever --- had this problem.

I don't give a sh-- about people who DVR. If they DVR and come here and see discussion about an already-aired episode, that's their own fault.

The problem is the strange case of putting SPOILER tags on BOTH regular discussion of something that's already been shown on AMC and on posts that reveal something, say, that you read on SpoilerTV about something that's going to happen later in the season.

As things stand here, how can one tell the difference?

The spoiler tags are being grossly misapplied here. If that's the way everyone's going to do it, then I'm out of here.