The birther issue

Peace

I agree. Why did he feel the need to address this? By doing so, with a nationally televised press conference nonetheless, he has brought himself down to the birther's level.

"We do not need to talk about this or focus on this when we have bigger issues in this country to discuss. So I am going to tell people that we should not be discussing this by.....discussing this." :doh:

I agree with you, he likely should not have released this, as it just dignifies a stupid argument.

However, I think Obama, and his people, were sensitive to the point that the many of the conservative talking heads have been making, that this "birther" issue was somehow being used by the Obama people as a positive. It likely was, but Obama, to a fault, in my opinion, doesn't like to give the appearence that he is using cynical means to garner support. It's all politics.

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit puzzled myself that he addressed this issue today. He politically could of milked this deal all the way through the 2012 elections. His inner circle must have felt that this was beginning to get out of control, thats the only thing that I can come up with.

This won't settle people down either. Now they will focus on proving the document is some type of forgery.

If the accusation were that Obama was a green blooded alien, and he cut himself on live TV with a knife to show red blood, these people would simply state that the aliens have figured out a way to change the color of their blood.

"They is more cleverer than we'd thunk!"

Oh come on... it was stated a LONG time ago that he was born in Hawaii. Blame the dumb ass Tea Party people who created this non-issue.

Two hours after you scold me for that video and broad labels you come up with this? So a few Tea Partiers are birthers and the whole movement be damned, but those two professors? To you, those are "the exceptions" and dont represent the union movement.

Its not your bull **** opinions that make me want to punch you...... Its your rank, idiotic hypocrisy.

TOM...I disagree. I do see your point, but I think Obama has now closed the issue. Kooks or no kooks, the question they raised..."where is it?" was a valid one. The birthers did have a point..."where is it?" Now....thats off the table. He kicked the table leg out from the birthers. Yes, he had to get on his knees to do it.....but its done nonetheless.

Edited by RkFast

Two hours after you scold me for that video and broad labels you come up with this? So a few Tea Partiers are birthers and the whole movement be damned, but those two professors? To you, those are "the exceptions" and dont represent the union movement.

Its not your bull **** opinions that make me want to punch you...... Its your rank, idiotic hypocrisy.

TOM...I disagree. I do see your point, but I think Obama has now closed the issue. Kooks or no kooks, the question they raised..."where is it?" was a valid one. The birthers did have a point..."where is it?" Now....thats off the table. He kicked the table leg out from the birthers. Yes, he had to get on his knees to do it.....but its done nonetheless.

I would welcome you to try to punch me. I would love it. After all I'm a union thug. :rolleyes:

Personally I like to call all Far Right Republicans and Far Left Democrats dumbasses. If I am wrong on where the birther thing started, I am wrong. I always thought that it was started via the Tea Party / Faux News.

And his point that we need to focus on the economy instead of this. Well the only people that are focusing on this are idiots like Trump and the Media. How does them focusing on the certificate have anything to do with the economy? Just put your heads together Washington and figure it out!

And his point that we need to focus on the economy instead of this. Well the only people that are focusing on this are idiots like Trump and the Media. How does them focusing on the certificate have anything to do with the economy? Just put your heads together Washington and figure it out!

problem is that they will bicker about every little thing instead of compromising and getting things done.

I agree with you, he likely should not have released this, as it just dignifies a stupid argument.

However, I think Obama, and his people, were sensitive to the point that the many of the conservative talking heads have been making, that this "birther" issue was somehow being used by the Obama people as a positive. It likely was, but Obama, to a fault, in my opinion, doesn't like to give the appearence that he is using cynical means to garner support. It's all politics.

yes because that is so much more important than following the constitution and the law of the land. all he had to do was show us this from the beginning and it never would have been an issue. I think there were enough concerns that raised legitimate question about his citizenship that he should have addressed in the beginning and this never would have been an issue. Instead he handled this terribly much like everything else in his presidency and just let suspicion and doubt grow until he had no choice but to address it.

What if he wasn't a natural born citizen and we just found out now 2 years into his presidency, that would have unimaginable consequences and chaos

yes because that is so much more important than following the constitution and the law of the land. all he had to do was show us this from the beginning and it never would have been an issue. I think there were enough concerns that raised legitimate question about his citizenship that he should have addressed in the beginning and this never would have been an issue. Instead he handled this terribly much like everything else in his presidency and just let suspicion and doubt grow until he had no choice but to address it.

What if he wasn't a natural born citizen and we just found out now 2 years into his presidency, that would have unimaginable consequences and chaos

His. Mom. Is. American.

Where he was born is of zero consequence. And he'd already provided appropriate documentation.

So you're a birther. Just like Tom said, even now that's it's produced, birthers will still be idiots.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...so what are you guys working on next? :rolleyes:

So in his little speech yesterday he said he had more important things to do. The country had more important things to do. We had bigger problems to deal with. Bigger things than talking about his birth certificate. So what did he do? He went to Chicago to be on Oprah to talk about........his birth certificate. :wallbash:

His. Mom. Is. American.

Where he was born is of zero consequence. And he'd already provided appropriate documentation.

So you're a birther. Just like Tom said, even now that's it's produced, birthers will still be idiots.

Why am i a birther? because I had doubts? I wasn't on the "birther" bandwagon but there were enough questions to warrant him showing his birth certificate.

and if you want to be a tool and start name calling maybe you better brush up on your reading comprehension skills and instead of just jumping to liberal talking points re-read what I said. I said that I wish he would have just produced this in the beginning to avoid all this chaos and just put the issue to rest when it first arose years ago. I have no problem accepting that he is a natural born citizen.

I know the constitution is an inconvienent document for you libs that you would just like to sweep aside and not have to deal with... but what if he was proven to be ineligible for presidency? what would that do to everything he's done in the past 2 years?

In the future it should probably be required of ALL candidates to produce a birth certificate prior to running in the election much the same as any citizen who applies for a job needs to prove who they are. It's a prerequisite for the job.

Since Barrack didnt have time for such sillyness and sideshows he rushed off to be on the oprah show yesterday after his confrence telling us he was too busy to go to that level lol.

So in his little speech yesterday he said he had more important things to do. The country had more important things to do. We had bigger problems to deal with. Bigger things than talking about his birth certificate. So what did he do? He went to Chicago to be on Oprah to talk about........his birth certificate. :wallbash:

he's so out of touch he has no clue how bad that foolish that appears to lie about not having time but running to the oprah show

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...so what are you guys working on next? :rolleyes:

ehh i dunno. what would have been his reasons for waiting so long? why didnt he just come out in the beginning to show it?

not sure what your implying about the "you guys" remark.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

ehh i dunno. what would have been his reasons for waiting so long? why didnt he just come out in the beginning to show it?

not sure what your implying about the "you guys" remark.

Never mind, you guys work fast apparently! So very predictable and so very pathetic:

Infowars: It's a Forgery!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Gene Frenkle

I guess Im a birther, too. NOT becuase I didnt believe him...but because I wanted to put the issue to rest.

Newsflash for idiots like Peace....there are a TON of OBAMA LOVING LIBERALS out there that ALSO wanted him to show it to put the issue to rest.

Are THEY birthers, too?

I guess Im a birther, too. NOT becuase I didnt believe him...but because I wanted to put the issue to rest.

Newsflash for idiots like Peace....there are a TON of OBAMA LOVING LIBERALS out there that ALSO wanted him to show it to put the issue to rest.

Are THEY birthers, too?

So, do you think this will actually put it to rest? Seems like it worked for about a day.

There's a recurring theme here: people are going to believe whatever they want to believe. People want to believe things that support their worldview. People are !@#$ing morons.

So, do you think this will actually put it to rest? Seems like it worked for about a day.

There's a recurring theme here: people are going to believe whatever they want to believe. People want to believe things that support their worldview. People are !@#$ing morons.

Put it to rest for a day? Are you kidding. It was talked about more yesterday than ever before. Did he really think that having a press conference to talk abou it was going to make it go away? Amateur hour. Unless his handlers knew it was going to stir the pot and make the crazies look even crazier. But I don't think they're that smart.

Edited by Chef Jim