Right Now Impact players

it would be great to draft cam or Blaine....IF... they were going to start this year...but they arent....

So i want Right Now impact players...my top two would be AJ Green or Von Miller at the 3rd pick....

at the top of the 2nd rd... wish list....Cameron Heyward i doubt he is there but like i said wish list...or Randall Cobb

I agree that we need to draft impaxct players and I'd go further to say they should be on the defensive side of the ball. AJ Green may indeed turn out to be a great player (I'm not sold yet completely), but even if heturns out super he would not make an impact in Buffalo. Our offense was not stopped because we needed receivers, it was stopped because the line was not as good as it needed to be and the running game suffered. Don't get me started on Tight End. Drafting a wideout with our first pick will mirror drafting Spiller last year -- he may be good, but he won't make a difference on this team. In this case, Spiller wasn't even that good last year.

Let's look for DEFENSE and impact players on the front 7. If the Bills improve there, they will be a better team.

Altho not my first pick, I'd have to say Peterson would be an impact player as well. JJ Watt maybe too, in addition to above-mentioned D-linemen. Assuming Dareus is off the board, Im hoping for Cam Jordan, w/ a trade-down if possible.

Get the QB in the 2nd, impact player in 1st

Edited by dgrid

If you want Immediate Impact, you go DLine. Dareus, Jordan, Fairley

I doubt Von Miller will even be a 3-down player this year. He's all pass rush and no run support.

Not only will Miller not help with the run, I believe he would be a liability. My choice is Jordan. He's got everything the Bills need. Pass rush ability, size to stop the run, can play any position on the line, and I believe he can drop back in coverage to some extent.

Here's some other players I would count on to be impactful. Troup, Carrington, Moats, and Batten.

it would be great to draft cam or Blaine....IF... they were going to start this year...but they arent....

So i want Right Now impact players...my top two would be AJ Green or Von Miller at the 3rd pick....

at the top of the 2nd rd... wish list....Cameron Heyward i doubt he is there but like i said wish list...or Randall Cobb

You never want a rookie QB to start immediately. Sure, you have your Peyton Manning's and Matt Ryan's who do well, but there's a huge learning curve. You draft a QB early so you can sit him and learn and plug him in when he's ready.

It's really not that difficult of a concept.

Getting stacked for this years playoff run?

Yes. Because our "impact player" from last year's draft served us so well.

You think AJ Green will be an "impact" player for us off the bat? A WR has a big learning curve as well, so I wouldn't expect much from him in his rookie year.

If you want Immediate Impact, you go DLine. Dareus, Jordan, Fairley

I doubt Von Miller will even be a 3-down player this year. He's all pass rush and no run support.

Yep. You are guaranteed to get instant impact when drafting DL. Just look at Maybin, McCargo, Troupe, Carrington, etc.

Miller > all

If we draft a QB this year at 3 and he sits ALL year, but starts the next and becomes a productive starter for the next 10 years and leads us to the playoffs several of those years, I'd prefer him over anyone else. Next year could be entertaining, but face it, we aren't winning the SB. That's the long term goal and IMO, that's what we should be "building" for. No one knows if that will pan out, but if they like a QB, take him, no questions asked.

Quinn Miller > all

edited :thumbsup:

If we draft a QB this year at 3 and he sits ALL year, but starts the next and becomes a productive starter for the next 10 years and leads us to the playoffs several of those years, I'd prefer him over anyone else. Next year could be entertaining, but face it, we aren't winning the SB. That's the long term goal and IMO, that's what we should be "building" for. No one knows if that will pan out, but if they like a QB, take him, no questions asked.

You never want a rookie QB to start immediately. Sure, you have your Peyton Manning's and Matt Ryan's who do well, but there's a huge learning curve.

And even then there's a learning curve. Of course starting as a rookie helped him mature, but Manning was not very good his rookie year and his team was terrible.