Ralph Wilson's health?

Does anyone know the condition Ralph is in lately? I take-care of my 92 year old Grandfather (WWII vet) and I have seen his health rapidly deteriorate in the last few months. I cannot imagine that Ralph is in any position to make a sound decision concerning his business if he is "close" to the shape of my Granddad. Just wondering if anyone has any updates.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the condition Ralph is in lately? I take-care of my 92 year old Grandfather (WWII vet) and I have seen his health rapidly deteriorate in the last few months. I cannot imagine that Ralph is in any position to make a sound decision concerning his business if he is "close" to the shape of my Granddad. Just wondering if anyone has any updates.

Ralph is fine, he can afford to have a doctor in his house like the old man in Being There. You can't compare a multi-millionaire of the same age with an average guy.

Ralph is fine, he can afford to have a doctor in his house like the old man in Being There. You can't compare a multi-millionaire of the same age with an average guy.

Access to medical care, even top-notch, can only do so much.

At that age, when things start going downhill, they go downhill fast.

Access to medical care, even top-notch, can only do so much.

At that age, when things start going downhill, they go downhill fast.

Exactly what I am seeing! I mean, 92! I can't imagine anyone at that age making sound decisions. Maybe some can, but no one I've met.

Exactly what I am seeing! I mean, 92! I can't imagine anyone at that age making sound decisions. Maybe some can, but no one I've met.

Ralph hasn't made a sound decision in 12 years. What makes you think he's making any now?

My grandfather was lucid almost until his dying day at 96. His mind never went, it was his body that failed. By that time, the immune system is much less able to handle things that come on suddenly.

Can't say this is the case for everyone. But, to the point, the last several public communications from Ralph haven't seemed out of sorts. He's still got his faculties; it just may be that he didn't have great faculties to start with.

Edited by UConn James

My grandfather was lucid almost until his dying day at 96. His mind never went, it was his body that failed. By that time, the immune system is much less able to handle things that come on suddenly.

Can't say this is the case for everyone. But, to the point, the last several public communications from Ralph haven't seemed out of sorts. He's still got his faculties; it just may be that he didn't have great faculties to start with.

I'm on the older age of posters here (I turn 50 next week). But to think that even I have 46 years until I turn the same age that your grandfather was when he died is incredible. It will be intersting what my 96 will be like compared to when he was 96. Oh, that is if I make it.

I have to agree. My grandfather lived in a nursing home until he died at 98. The only reason he was in the nursing home was because he was wheeling men 30 years his junior around to see their wives. He couldn't see much, but he was all there. Ralph is treading hard on the mortality tables, however. It will work out how it works out. We have no control over the situation. Best not to worry too much.

i dont think that many people really care that much any more about ralphs health since terry pegula came to town. hopefully he is healthy enough to ensure the bills remain he in the shortterm but it would also be a breath of fresh air if we got a new owner here in the near future who will keep the bills here and pump money into them to build a winner like pegula has done/will do for the sabes.

I mentioned this a few years ago and took some heat on this site at the time but I stand by it. A rock solid source in Florida had told me he was seen for an arm fracture (before this was later made public) and was mentaly incompetent to make any type of informed decision...and that was about two years ago. Ralph is becoming less and less visible. I don't think he was even at the owner's meetings before the lockout nor the annual team meeting in downtown Buffalo recently. When he's in his suite at the games he has a blank stare on his face which is sad to see. For all anybody knows he could die tonight or live another 5+ years. But clearly, he has deteriorated significantly mentally.

Is it that time of year again for a "how's Ralphs health?" thread? It seems like every offseason someone somewhere is running rumors that they heard Ralph is not doing well or is in the hospital or some crap. Not saying that you are starting this. Just saying this: why not forget about all this crap until we actually hear something is wrong or has happened? Ralph is alive and kicking. I can see it now. He'll be at the draft in the war room telling Nix to draft OJ Simpson this year cause he is the best running back out of college in such a long time.

ralph owns the bills??? Oh i thought it was jim overdorf and jeff littman who did. my bad.

guys - the bills aren't leaving. LA doesn't have a stadium built, Toronto is a necessary market to keep the bills here but clearly is NOT an NFL city, and we have 3-4 potential, local owners, not even going into possibly NYC investors with WNY ties. between Golisano, the Rich Brothers, Jacobs, and now Pegula - there is plenty of money to keep it in buffalo. The key and goal is to expand into the profitability across the border. The Canadian dollar is MORE valuable than the US at the moment. The more we can tap into a bustling Southern Ontario (yes giving them a game a year is FINE by me... heck give them training camp to be honest) the more revenue and higher we can charge for suites which is the ultimate goal. So, if you guys want to keep the Bills in buffalo, keep supporting the Toronto experiment. One of the big guys will step up when the time is right... LA is better suited for the Jaguars anyways.

and for hte record - Rochester GREW in population while Buffalo shrank. so maybe people like me need to stay in WNY... oops

Edited by rpcolosi

my mother-in-law passed away last year at 104 and she was still giving quilting classes at the local library. she still had a very good mind and well capable of making sound decisions. and there are many more like that - really there are.

Edited by uforesircher

I'm on the older age of posters here (I turn 50 next week). But to think that even I have 46 years until I turn the same age that your grandfather was when he died is incredible. It will be intersting what my 96 will be like compared to when he was 96. Oh, that is if I make it.

Hey Chef Jim...what day next week do you turn 50? I turn 57 next Tuesday the 12th. Let's get together & celebrate! I was a little depressed for a week or so when I turned 50...took me awhile to come to grips with it.

My grandma was 101 when she passed away, but lost her mind around 90. She lived basically as a shell for over a decade...kinda like what Ralph is doing now.