Another reason why we should pick...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, this is an open blog website. Do you come expecting not to hear peoples opinions? Reading rants like this is worse than any opinionated post. I don't get why you would even post this, it's like your telling us your mad at yourself for coming to the site during the off season. So our questions is why did you come? Or at least why did you tell everyone you did?

Why argue with a guy that runs a podcast...? He obviously knows more than all of us... :bag:

Cam is a great player but some great guy article wont convince me. If we go defense we should go Dareus, then Quinn, then Patrick Peterson. We could trade back to get him but I would go for JJ Watt then Jordan.

That's what my preferences are. I think Watt will have a monster career in the NFL - once it decides to get going again. He'd be a tremendous pickup and if we could get an extra pick to move down and get him...

!

To me it just seems like Cam Jordan is such a clear, perfect fit for this team.

For a team that needs a sure thing with their first round pick. I don't see a surer thing in the draft.

Agree. No skeletons in his closet, and he's an all-around player with high character from Tyson Alualu's team.

Nothing is a reach if it's the right guy.

Agree. No skeletons in his closet, and he's an all-around player with high character from Tyson Alualu's team.

Nothing is a reach if it's the right guy.

When you're passing over guys with freakish, superman-like abilities like Peterson, Green, Quinn, Fairley, Miller to select Jordan, you're playing with fire. Jordan simply doesn't possess #3 overall abilities.

The Bills seriously need to hit a home run with this pick (or at least attempt to hit one). Even if it's Von Miller, they're getting a guy with freakish talents who could in fact end up being a home run (I don't think so, but he does possess that kind of ceiling).

The Bills need to find their Superman in this draft with that first pick. Either that or trade down for a boatload of picks (then they can look at Jordan). But picking Jordan at #3 is a sure fire way for this franchise to ensure stagnation. You can't be afraid of attempting to be great. If they pick Fairley and he's a bust, so be it. IMO, at least they tried to find a great one.

I would jump for joy if we took Jordan or Watt at 3. Obviously We could trade back to 9ish and still get one of those two (or fairley or Dareus or Quinn) I think that is best case scenario - to move down and add one of them, but even at 3 I think we get a great player at an important position.

I like him, but not at #3. I believe that would be a reach.

If he's closer to a sure thing then what difference does it make where you take him ? Fairley has been called a one year wonder , sure he was a monster but so was Maybin in his one year wonder status .

I would much rather take a player that has his work ethic & may not have a "Bruce Smith" type career but will give you a "Phil Hansen" type career any day over another possible "Mcargo / Maybin" any day !!

But that's just me / I Ain't Sayin - but I'm Just Sayin !!!

Edited by T master

When you're passing over guys with freakish, superman-like abilities like Peterson, Green, Quinn, Fairley, Miller to select Jordan, you're playing with fire. Jordan simply doesn't possess #3 overall abilities.

The Bills seriously need to hit a home run with this pick (or at least attempt to hit one). Even if it's Von Miller, they're getting a guy with freakish talents who could in fact end up being a home run (I don't think so, but he does possess that kind of ceiling).

The Bills need to find their Superman in this draft with that first pick. Either that or trade down for a boatload of picks (then they can look at Jordan). But picking Jordan at #3 is a sure fire way for this franchise to ensure stagnation. You can't be afraid of attempting to be great. If they pick Fairley and he's a bust, so be it. IMO, at least they tried to find a great one.

Well put. As much as I would like to make the safe pick - and I am a person that is upset with how much we have neglected our trenches over the years - we simply have to hit a home run, or at least try.

I am new to this; bear with me folks,ok. I don't understand the reasoning to pass on someone at 3, but take him at a later point in the first round if the general consensus is he can play now. CJ seems to have everything that the Bills would need ... 4 year player, did well in senior bowl, combine, pedigree. Don't take this as an endorsement of him; I am attempting to understand the process and mindset. Thanks,

This makes no sense. Jordan is a top 10 pick. Especially in a year with no organized team activities. The guy is a pro, he'll be in camp on shape in July or August.

He is a worst case a triple, best case a home run.

He dominated in college and tore up the Senior Bowl.

If he played in the SEC instead of the PAC10 there would be no question in taking him #3 overall.

The team needs a sure thing not another bust.

He will be an unblockable force on the D-Line for the next 10 years and probably become the face of the franchise like Bruce Smith. You may think he's Clark Kent but don't let the glasses fool you. The guy has "IT"

Dareus and Fairely may debatably have higher ceilings but both have 4 levels of basement potential.

The team needs the sure thing.

Edited by Why So Serious?

This makes no sense. Jordan is a top 10 pick. Especially in a year with no organized team activities. The guy is a pro, he'll be in camp on shape in July or August.

If he played in the SEC instead of the PAC10 there would be no question in taking him #3 overall.

He will be an unblockable force on the D-Line for the next 10 years and probably become the face of the franchise like Bruce Smith. You may think he's Clark Kent but don't let the glasses fool you. The guy has "IT"

Dareus and Fairely may debatably have higher ceilings but both have 4 levels of basement potential.

I have to admit, at first I was real big on Fairley and Dareus, but the more I read and see highlights on Jordan, I becoming a huge fan. I think you're right... I think he fits our team perfect. With no FA's coming in, he is the best pick for us. IMO... One question that I do have is it better to go with a DE over a DT??? That's where I'm so confused. Even a linebacker? Is there some good LB's that will be in the 2nd round for us to get???

:beer:

Edited by Little Buffalo

I have to admit, at first I was real big on Fairley and Dareus, but the more I read and see highlights on Jordan, I becoming a huge fan. I think you're right... I think he fits our team perfect. With no FA's coming in, he is the best pick for us. IMO... One question that I do have is it better to go with a DE over a DT??? That's where I'm so confused. Even a linebacker? Is there some good LB's that will be in the 2nd round for us to get???

:beer:

Taking a 3-4 DE that high is just as unusual as taking a lB that high.

There are some certified tackling machines likely available #34 like Martez Wilson, or the kid from UNC, plus additional line strength like Stephen Paea,

If Jeremy Beal is there at #68 I like that pick a lot, that guy has nice inside and outside moves. Can get caught in blocks but has the potential to be a beast on the edge.

There are some impact players the Bills can pick up all the way through to pick #99. Not a lot of top tier talent in my opinion but there are about 60 players I'd give a second round grade.

[quote name='Why So Serious?' timestamp='1302365828' post='2138662'

Yes, because the PAC-10 is viewed in the same light as the Sun Belt Conference. Come on...

Yes, because the PAC-10 is viewed in the same light as the Sun Belt Conference. Come on...

No but there is an East Coast Bias.

It's not easy to watch a PAC-10 game if you're East of Texas.

Marcel Dareus, and Nick Fairely were undoubtedly in national televisied games much more than Cam Jordan.

Besides Dareus and Peterson, I think Cam Jordan is one of the surest picks to make at #3. We need a DE, one who can move around, in and out of a 3-4 and a 4-3, and one who can be effective against the run while able to rush the passer. He fits that mold and might prove to be the best of the bunch in 3-5 years. So, yeah, I can't understand why people say it'd be a reach at 3. He's right in the mix with Fairley, Quinn, Dareus, Bowers, and Miller as the most NFL ready, or regards potential. I'd be more than happy to see the Bills pick him.

It's not a reach if the guy is one of the best at his position - between him and the other 3 or 4 who have similar bodies and strengths, it is really a matter of preference, not so much one being better than the other. Fairley is the only guy, really, to be explosive, to stand out as a Monster among men, at times, even often. The only thing with Fairley is he might not be the best fit for a 3-4. I don't know, I think I still would take Fairley, considering he's doing what he's doing with only a few years of D-line training. He's by all practical purposes a novice still, and he's that explosive. Imagine what he'll do in a few years with weight training and coaching... so, I think I'd like to see the Bills go Fairley, but I would be as happy with Dareus or Cameron Jordan.

One thing that really bothers me is seeing the Patriots end up with Jordan all the way down in middle of round one - because it would be just like them to end up walking away with the stud who ends up being the best anyway.

Here's to hoping the Bills brass has it figured out (and I think with Nix, Whaley, Wannstedt, and Gailey, not to mention Modrak, all making assessments, it seems there is reason to hope we'll still be picking starters in the fourth round this year) and we're the team to walk away with all the steals. Last year's draft was a good start, IMO.

Sorry for nitpicking, but I think calling him an unblockable force for the next 10 years is a bit of a reach. I'd settle for a great player that will help our team for years to come.

Guys, I like the back and forth on this topic, good points both ways...just keep in mind what the kid was asked to do throughout his career @ CAl...stop the run and eat up blockes to free up the OLB's to get pressure/sacks. Sounds exactly like what this team needs. This kid will be a mainstay @ DE for us for many years! He has as much home run potential as anyone else, IMHO. He'll go top 10 if we don't take him, and when he becomes the perrenial pro bowler, we will all say "damn, we coulda, shoulda, woulda..."