Top Three Picks......

Owen

There's that, and theres also about a 95% chance that none of these 2-7th round guys will ever be as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick is right now. So it would be a wasted pick.

If they want to take that 5% lottery ticket chance on Taylor in the 4th or 5th, then I wouldn't get crazy upset over something like that.

I kind of agree with this sentiment, but I don't like Newton in round 1 and I am not sure I like Gabbert enough

to take there, either. I am a little intrigued with Ponder (who would likely be a 1st rnd pick if it weren't for

the injury problems he's had with his arm) and Kaepernick who is every bit the athlete that Newton is, but comes

at a much lower price if they get him in rnd 2 instead of Newton in rnd 1. I am not all that convinced that

either Newton's or Kaepernick's athletic ability really mean much when projecting them to QB in the NFL. Look

at the best QBs in the league: Manning, Rivers, Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger and Vick. Of them, Vick (has only

had one great year (and he had to learn to be a good passer before he had that) and Roethlisberger are the

only really good athletes. Heck, you could argue that Manning, Brady and Rivers are pretty "poor" athletes

(at least by NFL standards).

I'd rather see someone who has demonstrated in college that he can identify the right receiver to throw to

and hit him when they aren't open by 5-10 yards. Something Newton hasn't had to do and I am not sure

that Gabbert did much of that, either.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be incredibly discouraged if we take a QB outside of round 1. To me it almost like a wasted draft pick because chances are , the qb you pick in rounds 2-7 will not become a true franchise qb. Brees and Plummer (to a lesser extent) are the exception not the rule.

^^

You are setting the War Room Draft Board

Who are the top three picks for the Bills?

No trades in the first round.....

You have to be right...

In what order would you pick and why......

1. Fairley

2. Miller

3. Petterson

Edited by Nishous

I kind of agree with this sentiment, but I don't like Newton in round 1 and I am not sure I like Gabbert enough

to take there, either. I am a little intrigued with Ponder (who would likely be a 1st rnd pick if it weren't for

the injury problems he's had with his arm) and Kaepernick who is every bit the athlete that Newton is, but comes

at a much lower price if they get him in rnd 2 instead of Newton in rnd 1. I am not all that convinced that

either Newton's or Kaepernick's athletic ability really mean much when projecting them to QB in the NFL. Look

at the best QBs in the league: Manning, Rivers, Brees, Brady, Roethlisberger and Vick. Of them, Vick (has only

had one great year (and he had to learn to be a good passer before he had that) and Roethlisberger are the

only really good athletes. Heck, you could argue that Manning, Brady and Rivers are pretty "poor" athletes

(at least by NFL standards).

I'd rather see someone who has demonstrated in college that he can identify the right receiver to throw to

and hit him when they aren't open by 5-10 yards. Something Newton hasn't had to do and I am not sure

that Gabbert did much of that, either.

+1

I agree with all of this. Also, when tested (Sports Science) Kaepernick's accuracy was extremely high with very quick decision making when finding the target to go along with his athleticism and records set.

Here's my three in order:

Bowers

Fairley

Dareus

Go D-LINE!

Honest question about QB's. ...... Does where you draft them make them good or is it the player. Last year i dont recall Gabbert being mentioned now top 3? Newton? All i know is that we have many holes to fill and dont want us "reaching" just to have a QB in the first round

WOW...pretty Harsh...

Under “negatives” for Cam Newton, Nolan Nawrocki writes, “Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and will always struggle to win a locker room . . . Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable.”

http://profootballta...ers-cam-newton/

You are setting the War Room Draft Board

Who are the top three picks for the Bills?

No trades in the first round.....

You have to be right...

In what order would you pick and why......

1) Gabbert - Best QB prospect in the Draft...Super smart and hard working...The safer Pick at QB... Definitely a Team Leader-type at the most important Position...Very high ceiling...

2) Newton - He's the most famous College football Player since??? How long has it been since Buffalo had a rookie QB like this???? Ticket sales anyone? 2nd best QB Prospect who seems to have a knack for great things...limitless ceiling...Type of QB who could spark an entire Locker Room to great things...He's not VY or Jamarcus...He REALLY wants to be the best...That does not mean he'll make it 100%...but it won't be from a lack of trying if he doesn't...At least I don't think it will...I don't buy this short-cut stuff about him...I don't buy that he's a Prima donna...I think he's just a Kid and handling it as best as he can right now...He does not come off disingenuous to me...I do worry how long it will take him to really learn the NFL and become a complete QB...But I'm not betting against the Kid I know that much...

3) Darius/Miller - I have no preference between the two and like them equally...If Newton and Gabbert somehow went 1, 2 I'd probably have go with the big man over the LB...Both are HUGE Needs...Both should be solid NFL Players for a long time...

+1

I agree with all of this. Also, when tested (Sports Science) Kaepernick's accuracy was extremely high with very quick decision making when finding the target to go along with his athleticism and records set.

Here's my three in order:

Bowers

Fairley

Dareus

Go D-LINE!

I agree with you and the post you agreed with.. lol

Kaepernick or Ponder would be my preference in later rounds. We need D first round..

1. Dareus

2. Fairley

3. Bowers

1- Newton or gabbert, whomever the FO likes more. I prefer newton, but that's irrelevant. I think both have a chance to succeed in the NFL.

2- Miller- a football player that, I believe, will help us vs the run, as a pass rusher, in pass coverage and in the locker room.

3- Dareus- imo, the safest bet to produce. Maybe/ maybe not a superstar, but should help our run defense, bigtime.

My choices for the top three are:

1. OLB Von Miller ...... a sure fire future all pro...as is Merriman who will play on the other side. Between the two of them the Bills will be harder to defend against the pass... He will be a good solid pick

2. DT Dareus ... As we know he can play the 3/4 an dthe 4/3 defense... He will make a solid contributor for years to come...

3. QB Gabbert... If the Bills are ever going to get a franchise QB now is the time...

Who Not to Pick in the top three

1. QB Newton...... Not a good pick for Buffalo. More and More bad things are coming out about him. Team chemisty would not be good.... He just isn't a player the Bills have to have at this point.

2. CB Peterson.....If New England does not want him why should we. He had a 9 on his Wonderlic test. Great athlete but do not ask him to think on his feet. We already have a CB in Mckevon that is a great athlete but finds it hard to think....Harsh words but it is the truth.

3. DT Fairley... To immature. Loses his temper. Really does not want to play in the North. Bills would take a big chance with him at number 3.

4. WR Green ... Another low scoring Wonderlic tester. Only had a 9 on his test. There is a lot to say about low scores. Jason Peters was said to have had a 6. Spiller had a 3.2 avg. in college and had a very low Wonderlic Score also. But running backs do not need high scores per say... Even Lynch did not score well... Good players study film and learn. Dumb players depend on their athletic ability too much and get stung to often...

5. DE Quinn... Again too much of a risk at number 3. Bills can do better...

6. DE Bowens... Big question mark here... Only the Bills scouting dept. will know for sure...

Those are my reasons why I chose the top three I did... Knowing all this Buddy Nix will come up with his own decisions most likely different then mine... But it's fun trying to out guess them a month ahead of time....... Go Bills

(I also do not think there will be a trade down in the first round)

DT Nick Fairley - Was the most dominant defensive player in a decade in the decade's most dominant conference in the NCAA. Man of great character, a leader on and off the field, unbelievable work ethic and great motor. Any negative stuff you've heard about him is laughable (He's a dirty player. LOL).

QB Cam Newton. See above but add that he just might be the most athletic and most resilient QB to ever come out of college football. My hunch is that he's going to Carolina at no. 1 because they aren't stupid enough to listen to rhetoric and ignore the facts on the field.

CB Patrick Peterson - As close to a can't miss as you can get. Will start from day one and is a guy whose skills and measurables can simply be summed up with one word: Elite.

-----

1. Dareus

2. Von Miller

3. Peterson

Personally I'd take DT, OLB, ILB with first three picks to shore up our front seven.

Agree with your order. I'm hopeful Bower's workout on Friday will convince Denver to draft him as a DE for their new 4-3 alignment and Darius is there for us at 3. I'm not sure how good an end Bowers would be in a 3-4 else he'd be my top choice since his knee is suppose to be absolutely fine now. I'm hopeful if there is a good LT, or very good RT available in the second we take him, otherwise please draft defense.