Updated Kiper Mock Draft

Dareus #3. at 34... martez wilson ilb he is projected 33-45

I think that Martez and Dareus would greatly help the run D BUT we would still need to maybe trade up and find an RT in the middle of round 2. If we can settle the run D by getting a DE and a MLB while fixing a hole on the O-line thats a nice improvement to the team.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Quinn is far from the obvious choice. Quinn didn't even dominate college, yet he's going to dominate the NFL? Makes perfect sense. Also funny how Dareus is too tubby, yet his 10 yard speed (more important than 40 for D-Lineman and LB's imo) was 1.68 compared to Quinn's 1.61 while being 54 pounds heavier.

Umm yes he did. I saw him play in at least 10 full games in his junior year, how many did you?

I think that Martez and Dareus would greatly help the run D BUT we would still need to maybe trade up and find an RT in the middle of round 2. If we can settle the run D by getting a DE and a MLB while fixing a hole on the O-line thats a nice improvement to the team.

The reason i pick Martez is our best bet is based on what Nix and chan have been saying. Need to big at ilb and the run stop was our worst skill set.

I of course want a rt tackle too. So many needs. But taking two high quality run stuffers that early that i feel can start day one might being the biggest swing we could take. Its interesting that a couple months ago Dareus was not figured so high. I thought we would be unable to go down to get him. Now i have more hope that we get the fat kid!

Go Bills!

Robert Quinn is far from the obvious choice. Quinn didn't even dominate college, yet he's going to dominate the NFL? Makes perfect sense. Also funny how Dareus is too tubby, yet his 10 yard speed (more important than 40 for D-Lineman and LB's imo) was 1.68 compared to Quinn's 1.61 while being 54 pounds heavier.

Quinn comes with question marks since he didn't play last year. Did you see his sophomore year though? 20 year old kid was killing it. If this guy played his junior year last year and just put up the same numbers he is a slam dunk. Well, as much of a slam dunk as any guy who has never played in the nfl can. Imagine if he stayed his senior year. This guy comes with obvious risk but he could be a steal in the draft.

No, getting selected at #3 over all isn't truly a steal. I just feel if this guy had the same numbers in his junior year as he did his sophomore year Carolina would select this guy from North Carolina as the next Julius Peppers and we would be talking about "if only he fell to us". One year wonder? On a technicality only. This guy did it his 2nd year in college. To me one year wonders are guys that have their wonder year in their junior year and come out early or don't finally get things together until their senior year after 3 years of nothing.

Dareus #3. at 34... martez wilson ilb he is projected 33-45

If these were our first two picks I think that would work. I would think these would be two good picks. But if trade up to get a left or right tackle, especially Gabe Carimi that would be alright too.

I like Quinn, but that entire year off scares me away from picking him at #3. I think not playing football for an entire season was worse than any combine numbers he had. I think about Mike Williams (WR out of USC, taken 10th overall in the 05 draft), and how a year away cost him.

I like Quinn, but that entire year off scares me away from picking him at #3. I think not playing football for an entire season was worse than any combine numbers he had. I think about Mike Williams (WR out of USC, taken 10th overall in the 05 draft), and how a year away cost him.

There is uncertainty to be sure but I think this guy could be the real deal. I know this is speculative but imagine how the conversation would change if he just duplicated his sophomore year. Again, not talking about imagine him duplicating his senior year. Not talking about imagine duplicate a junior year if he had stayed a year longer. We are talking about a guy that arrived in his sophomore year.

I'm not a college fan so I'm not sure how often guys have GREAT sophomore years and then tank for their junior and senior years. Because Quinn figured it out early I'm much more optimistic.

Edited by PDaDdy

!!

I personally don't understand the obsession with Dline either when a) line backers are key unit in 3 -4, b) ours suck and c) we used Rd 2 and 3 picks on DLine last year, and both of them could be ready to step up.

Same reason NOT to pick a QB at #3: the Bills need ILBs and there aren't any that seem to be worthy of that high of a pick, while there are probably three DEs that are. And DE is as much a need on the Bills as anything else. You do remember that Bruce Smith was kinda, sorta important to the Bills, right? Great DEs contain and control the edges, forcing the RBs inside which suddenly makes guys like Poz look like Clay Matthews. And they disrupt the Oline and the passing game.

If there is a functioning brain cell in the Bills front office, if Dareus is available they take him and then pray to the Lords of Football that Cam Jordan is around at 34.

Von Miller put his name on the anti-trust litigation officially making him persona non grata. why would anyone draft this malcontent. all of the talent in the world will not make up for this slap in the owners face.

So, because Von Miller has integrity, and will put himself on the line when he does not have to do so, to stand with his fellow players,you think a team will be hesitant to pick him now??

Isn't that exactly the type of player you would want on your team? I would.

Edited by Mister Defense

So, because Von Miller has integrity, and will put himself on the line when he does not have to do so, to stand with his fellow players,you think a team will be hesitant to pick him now??

Isn't that exactly the type of player you would want on your team? I would.

He's not the only guy with integrity that we can pick. Let's pick the guy who'll be a game changer at the next level and who also has integrity.

I personally don't understand the obsession with Dline either when a) line backers are key unit in 3 -4, b) ours suck and c) we used Rd 2 and 3 picks on DLine last year, and both of them could be ready to step up.

A) False statement. The front 3 are the key unit in the 34. You need solid guys up front to free up the LBs. Every successful LB in a 34 is successful because of what the guys in front of them do for them.

C) Doesn't matter. If Gabbert isn't available, then we have to take Dareus or Fairley. Dareus would be the no brainer if he's available given his versatility. Kyle Williams is good, but he's not the type to anchor a 34 defense. Move him to DE with Dareus/Fairley and put Troup in at nose. Dwan and Carrington adds great depth to the dline.

Von Miller put his name on the anti-trust litigation officially making him persona non grata. why would anyone draft this malcontent. all of the talent in the world will not make up for this slap in the owners face.

you are a dim wit, not von.

First off, someone needs to tell Mel that Gabbert didn't compete in Indy. What, did he talk a good game?...LOL

Secondly, Robert Quinn will be hands down the best defensive player and pass rusher in this draft. Forget Dareus (too tubby), Miller (too small), Bowers (lacks explosiveness) et all. Let's be smart and draft the obvious choice...Robert Quinn.

Quinn is the clear choice because no one has seem him take a live snap in two years?

. Dareus would be the no brainer if he's available given his versatility. Kyle Williams is good, but he's not the type to anchor a 34 defense. Move him to DE with Dareus/Fairley and put Troup in at nose. Dwan and Carrington adds great depth to the dline.

Yep, I think Troup was brought on to be our big guy in the middle in 3-4. with Dareus or fairly we create some depth at end or tackle. We still need the ilb position strengthened and we are kinda hoping something develops this season at olb.. Kyle is my hero from last year and can move around very well.

Two guys 'One being, Mr.Williams, the other we ar about to draft!' on our d line that can move around and be effective, with what we have up front right now might be pretty darn good. Might be

A) False statement. The front 3 are the key unit in the 34. You need solid guys up front to free up the LBs. Every successful LB in a 34 is successful because of what the guys in front of them do for them.

Well I disagree. Just look at the model 3-4 defense for the last 40 years, Pittsburgh Steelers. They make no secret about being a linebacker factory. They don't have anywhere near the biggest and baddest NT. It's a lot easier to find some blokes upfront to grapple with the oline for a few seconds than it is to find stellar LBs. Thats why the focus on the latter ... Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Farrior

Well I disagree. Just look at the model 3-4 defense for the last 40 years, Pittsburgh Steelers. They make no secret about being a linebacker factory. They don't have anywhere near the biggest and baddest NT. It's a lot easier to find some blokes upfront to grapple with the oline for a few seconds than it is to find stellar LBs. Thats why the focus on the latter ... Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Farrior

It can be debated whether the Steelers linemen make their linebackers better or visa versa. Probably it's a combination of quality on both units. Undoubtedly they have and have always had great linebackers.

The middle of their defense, nose tackle Casey Hampton was a first rounder and is a five-time Pro Bowler.

Aaron Smith is nearing the end of a five year, $25 million contract and is considered an excellent 3-4 end. He has one Pro Bowl and 44 career sacks to his credit.

Brett Keisel made the Pro Bowl in 2010 and is also considered an excellent 3-4 end.

Ziggy Hood platoons and sometimes starts at end for the Steelers. He was a first round pick in 2009 and is considered one of the up and coming 3-4 ends in the league.

So clearly the Steelers have excellent defensive linemen (although age is starting to become an issue for them).

Keep in mind that it's quite difficult for defensive linemen to garner significant stats or acclaim when they play in a 3-4 scheme. As you know, their job is to keep the linebackers clean to make the plays.

Actually Casey Hampton is one of the best Nose Tackles in the game for Pittsburgh. Same with Wilfork in New England and Raji in Green Bay. Fans and announcers like to talk about the 'backers, but none of them get it done without studs up front. Let's forget all this talk about pass rushers at #3. That's not going to change the league's most hapless run defense. It's gotta be one of the lineman. Bowers, Dareus, or Fairley. Our team is just too small for the 3-4 as is.