Lost city of Atlantis found?

UConn James

Link

Explorers seeking the city that disappeared have so far searched the Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans and even Antarctica.

But a team led by University of Hartford professor and archaeologist Richard Freund may have pinpointed the long-sought city somewhere completely unexpected — in a vast marsh in Southern Spain.

If Atlantis was destroyed in a day, as Plato said, there is thought that it was wiped out by a tsunami.

Exciting find. Conditions for a possible excavation sound pretty hellish, tho. In the middle of a swamp accessible only during two scorching months per year, possibly 60 feet down (? this is unclear) and a layer of methane gas waiting down there....

The last sentence in the quote above also seems especially poignant given today's news. But it also may provide a little bit of solace/perspective that these events have always happened. It's not anything new, nor a signal of this being an "end time."

"Also found in the core sample was a layer of methane..."

Hmmm...apparently Lana has Spanish ancestors :sick:

Hey, I used to watch that too. I haven't even thought of it in 20 years. :lol:

Yeah, me either...I used to watch pretty much any "science fiction" show, back then...most lasted about 12 weeks before getting canceled...my tops were:

1- Planet of the Apes

2- Logan's Run

3- Quark

4- Battlstar Galactica

5- Galactica '80 (really bad)

6- Man From Atlantis

I have seen an episode or two of all of these, in my adult life, and they were all really pretty bad. Makes me appreciate the relative high quality that Star Trek maintained for so long.

So he found Atlantis, big deal.

If he wants a real challange, find where washing machines send missing socks :unsure:

Atlantis.

Wonder if he knows where Bin Laden is hanging out?

/dev/null's washing machine.

So if my socks are in Atlantis and Bin Laden is in my washing machine (which sends socks to Atlantis), does that mean Bin Laden is in Atlantis? Or is Atlantis in Pakistan too?