Texas Tea Party...a heart?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas-politics/tea-party-lawmakers-agonize-over-budget-1302662.html

It seems Dems are not the only ones who have a problem with coming to terms with campaign promises and reality!

I don't think anyone ever argued that Democrats were the only ones with that problem.

When reality hits campaign idealism, reality wins.

Time for Texas to do the right thing and just secede. That would trim a whole lot of fat from our Federal budget because, well, Texans are fat.

Can they take CA with them?

Hell...and Montana and Idaho. May as well get rid of all the nuts.

It cracks me up that Rick Perry thinks Texas should be held up as an example of how to budget...I love Austin, but I really loathe this cocky state, overall.

Oh yeah, I am fat too!

Edited by Buftex

On a more serious note, who could have predicted that the Tea Party folks wouldn't be able to live up to their pie-in-the-sky campaign promises? :rolleyes:

It would be funny if it weren't so very sad and predictable.

I agree. I'd suggest we put them all in Gitmo for a month if it weren't already closed down.

That's all you got? Where's the revolution you've been talking about all these months dude?

How about: Obama just reinstated military tribunals at Gitmo. :wallbash:

But like I said earlier...reality intersecting idealism. In both cases.

How about: Obama just reinstated military tribunals at Gitmo. :wallbash:

But like I said earlier...reality intersecting idealism. In both cases.

Reality sucks. Obama homers have as much crow to eat as Tea Party fanboys like LABillz.

Who wins? Nobody.

Reality sucks. Obama homers have as much crow to eat as Tea Party fanboys like LABillz.

Who wins? Nobody.

The problem is that they made promises they couldn't keep in the first place. The situation with Gitmo was so utterly predictable that I believe I predicted it.

So now you're somewhere in the middle of Obama homers and tea party folks?

Dude, that's rich. :lol: :lol:

I simply dislike the right more than I dislike the left. It's not like my signature contains quotes about pushing liberals down stairs. It's not like every single post I write is infused at its core with red or blue rhetoric like some here. :rolleyes:

Answer the question and stop deflecting. Where's the revolution that's going to save the country after that huge victory in the midterms? Looks like more of the same so far to me, which is exactly what I told you when you were all excited 4-5 months ago.

I simply dislike the right more than I dislike the left. It's not like my signature contains quotes about pushing liberals down stairs. It's not like every single post I write is infused at its core with red or blue rhetoric like some here. :rolleyes:

Answer the question and stop deflecting. Where's the revolution that's going to save the country after that huge victory in the midterms? Looks like more of the same so far to me, which is exactly what I told you when you were all excited 4-5 months ago.

Well, there is a little going on in states like Wisconsin and Ohio. Have you heard about it?

You think you have some amazing insight because you managed to predict that some politicians wouldn't keep their promise? Really? Do you give yourself an extra cookie for that keen insight?

The best part of the mid-terms is that the WH no longer has carte blanche to do whatever the hell it pleases, like pass a signature health care bill that as of today actually approved MORE THAN ONE THOUSAND waivers for friends of Obama to be exempt from it in its first year. Can you imagine passing a bill SO AMAZING that your own friends are lining up to get a waiver from it? You can call that red or blue rhetoric. I call it truth. You're welcome to argue it if you'd like.

The other amazing part of the mid-terms is how many states flipped not just governorships, but entire state legislatures, all of which are working to curb their own spending. You may think what's happening in Ohio and Wisconsin aren't going well, but let's give it a little time so the reality sets in that unions can no help elect people who literally take money directly from state employees to be passed on back to unions to be passed back to progressive candidate campaigns. Should be fun to watch. In fact, it's already fun to watch.

Revolution? No. Full-goose-bozo ass-kicking of progressive ideals? Absofreakinglutely.

And for the record, watching you try to pass yourself off as a moderate Democrat is beyond laughable. But you keep saying it. Maybe someone here will believe it one day. Like pBills.

Edited by LABillzFan

You think you have some amazing insight because you managed to predict that some politicians wouldn't keep their promise? Really? Do you give yourself an extra cookie for that keen insight?

The best part of the mid-terms is that the WH no longer has carte blanche to do whatever the hell it pleases, like pass a signature health care bill that as of today actually approved MORE THAN ONE THOUSAND waivers for friends of Obama to be exempt from it in its first year. Can you imagine passing a bill SO AMAZING that your own friends are lining up to get a waiver from it? You can call that red or blue rhetoric. I call it truth. You're welcome to argue it if you'd like.

The other amazing part of the mid-terms is how many states flipped not just governorships, but entire state legislatures, all of which are working to curb their own spending. You may think what's happening in Ohio and Wisconsin aren't going well, but let's give it a little time so the reality sets in that unions can no help elect people who literally take money directly from state employees to be passed on back to unions to be passed back to progressive candidate campaigns. Should be fun to watch. In fact, it's already fun to watch.

Revolution? No. Full-goose-bozo ass-kicking of progressive ideals? Absofreakinglutely.

And for the record, watching you try to pass yourself off as a moderate Democrat is beyond laughable. But you keep saying it. Maybe someone here will believe it one day. Like pBills.

Fanboy till the bitter end. At least you're consistent.

Change 2.0: more of the same. :lol:

Can they take CA with them?

Hell...and Montana and Idaho. May as well get rid of all the nuts.

And Chicago, NYC, and the UP of Michigan? You know those Yoopers are by far the nuttiest!

Well, there is a little going on in states like Wisconsin and Ohio. Have you heard about it?

Indiana too. What is Gov. Mitch Daniels, R, saying about all of it? Oh yeah, he is trying to diffuse things becuase he ACTUALLY has a shot at being Prez.

Don't pick on LA... He is a downtrodden member of society now... And by damn, he hates it!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Geno, you're as predictable and useful as a conner global warming link. But thanks for trying. I'll be sure to look for more of your moderate positions on things in the future. :thumbsup:

Geno, you're as predictable and useful as a conner global warming link. But thanks for trying. I'll be sure to look for more of your moderate positions on things in the future. :thumbsup:

So we will take this as a no, you aren't going to condemn them for their fiscal irresponsibility. Newly awakened :unsure:

So we will take this as a no, you aren't going to condemn them for their fiscal irresponsibility. Newly awakened :unsure:

They're freaking idiots if they don't do what they promised, and if they continue to break promises, I hope they get voted out. The simple fact that tiny minds need people like me to publically "condemn" them is embarrassing.

"LET IT BE HEARD THAT I CONDEMN THESE ACTIONS!" You think that's going to placate people like Geno? Of course not. Geno has an axe to grind, and nothing will keep him from his appointed rounds.

Am I standing around asking progressives like Geno if they openly and publically condemn Obama for completely changing him mind on Gitmo? For not giving them single payer in Obamacare? For not standing with his brothers in Wisconsin like he promised? For adding troops into Afghanistan, or bailing on the Dream Act, or any of the bzillion other things he said he'd do and ultimately didn't have the nutsack to accomplish?

Please.

It cracks me up that Rick Perry thinks Texas should be held up as an example of how to budget...I love Austin, but I really loathe this cocky state, overall.

Oh yeah, I am fat too!

To be fair, Texas' economy has been fantastic throughout the recession, even with the current budget issues. That's in large part due to Perry's policies and the Republicans efforts (which, even though I voted against them, I'll recognize).

I do think Rick Perry would be a much better President than Governor. He's the only significant person I know that believes in federalism anymore.

To be fair, Texas' economy has been fantastic throughout the recession, even with the current budget issues. That's in large part due to Perry's policies and the Republicans efforts (which, even though I voted against them, I'll recognize).

I do think Rick Perry would be a much better President than Governor. He's the only significant person I know that believes in federalism anymore.

It is becasue it is still geographically blessed.

Number one reason ALL economies take off from the start... EVEN BFLO's back in the day.

Hows it geographically blessed?

In the south... Which is now more prefered than the northern climates due to infrastructure cost. The two-day blizzard in Chicago this past February cost the city 37 million dollars. Sure Texas gets its "events" too. That is not the main reason... I would say the petrol chemical industry is at the heat and that is geographically influenced by cheap transportation systems available. And now... Even know many can find it a draw back... The Mexican border and cheap labor.

Difficult to say with EiI, but I guess he means oil.

Like I posted... Petrol-chem. Like your Anchorage is too with it being centrally prominent to all points on the globe via air. What was BFLO's main reason for existing? "Break-in-Bulk center." Early cheap power (The Falls). Why CHI? Why TOR, Montreal? Look @ what's happening to Michigan... It is being bypassed just like BFLO was.

In the south... Which is now more prefered than the northern climates due to infrastructure cost. The two-day blizzard in Chicago this past February cost the city 37 million dollars. Sure Texas gets its "events" too. That is not the main reason... I would say the petrol chemical industry is at the heat and that is geographically influenced by cheap transportation systems available. And now... Even know many can find it a draw back... The Mexican border and cheap labor.

Why is a city like San Antonio doing so well in this environment, when it has no oil, no natural resources, and no significant illegal workforce?

Edited by BlueFire

Why is a city like San Antonio doing so well in this environment, when it has no oil, no natural resources, and no significant illegal workforce?

Population density? I don't know... I knew you would bring that up and that was one of the cities I do not know about all that well.

Weather? Culture? Nice clean city from what I hear...

Historical town? Close to Austin (Capital).

Years of military presence? That is not geography... Yet... Geo influences that.

Freshwater in the middle of a God foresaken arid place like Texas I assume is San Antonio's asset too.

Tourism/climate... I just had friends get back from San Antonio... They said it was really nice... Close proximity to the coast, especially the south Texas coast... Again, weather/climate and freshwater... Sorta and "oasis" from what I read.

Anyway.. We were talking about the whole state of Texas being blessed to an extent. SA is the 2nd largest city.

Population density? I don't know... I knew you would bring that up and that was one of the cities I do not know about all that well.

Years of military presence? That is not geography... Yet... Geo influences that.

Freshwater in the middle of a God foresaken arid place like Texas I assume is San Antonio's asset too.

Don't forget all those flowers lady bird Johnson planted.

I suppose business favorable tax structure never crossed your mind.

Don't forget all those flowers lady bird Johnson planted.

I suppose business favorable tax structure never crossed your mind.

It did. But that is a state thing. They do have a budget mess. Heck, my area's economy is going well in this enviro... Explain that? There are just some places that are more "recession proof" than others and it is mostly becasue of where they are situated.

SA at a "cross roads"?? From looking info on it... It seems to be? Situated in a favorable river valley for hundreds of years?

How far did you get typing this before you realized you could also be talking about 75% of the brutally indebted cities in the brutally indebted state of California?

Face it. You stepped in carp poop. Being geographically blessed has little, if anything, to do with the state of the state of Texas. If it was major factor, California would be crapping gold bricks every morning.

But it's not, so let's see...what could the differences be?

Edited by LABillzFan

They're freaking idiots if they don't do what they promised, and if they continue to break promises, I hope they get voted out. The simple fact that tiny minds need people like me to publically "condemn" them is embarrassing.

"LET IT BE HEARD THAT I CONDEMN THESE ACTIONS!" You think that's going to placate people like Geno? Of course not. Geno has an axe to grind, and nothing will keep him from his appointed rounds.

Am I standing around asking progressives like Geno if they openly and publically condemn Obama for completely changing him mind on Gitmo? For not giving them single payer in Obamacare? For not standing with his brothers in Wisconsin like he promised? For adding troops into Afghanistan, or bailing on the Dream Act, or any of the bzillion other things he said he'd do and ultimately didn't have the nutsack to accomplish?

Please.

:lol: Is this thread about Obama or Obamacare or pushing liberals down flights of stairs? Soooo funny watching you squirm. Thanks for putting a smile on my face on this lovely WNY AM!

The Geno thing might be annoying if it was actually my name, Mock. Stay classy LA.

:lol: Is this thread about Obama or Obamacare or pushing liberals down flights of stairs? Soooo funny watching you squirm. Thanks for putting a smile on my face on this lovely WNY AM!

The Geno thing might be annoying if it was actually my name, Mock. Stay classy LA.

You know when you wouldn't find it funny to be pushed down a flight of stairs?

When your head's rolling down a flight of stairs, that's when.