Yet another thread on draft thoughts, scenarios

I've been projecting the same thing for weeks now. The answer is still no - avoid Kim Newton like the plague, which he will closely resemble on whichever team is dumb enough to draft him.

This. Could be our starting TE though :D

SMH He won't make it past Miami... Boy that will be a fun division for the next 5 years lets see..

NY Jets - Mark Sanchez

NE Patriots - Tom Brady

Miami Dolphins - Cam Newton

Buffalo Bills - BLAINE GABBERT

Fixed.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SMH He won't make it past Miami... Boy that will be a fun division for the next 5 years lets see..

NY Jets - Mark Sanchez

NE Patriots - Tom Brady

Miami Dolphins - Cam Newton

Buffalo Bills - WHO KNOWS?

Let's see how they all look with a great defense coming at them. Does anyone remember what it looked like: 3rd and 7 with Bruce coming off the edge? Give me Darius or Bowers. Add an ILB. Have Moats be what he might be (think Talley). And that D was good, not great. Our defense has been horrid for years. We make those QB's look good. Everyone says we need an identity. Well, defense wins championships.

No thanks;

1. QB Blaine Gabbert 6'4" 234 (need a franchise, good arm, feet and brains)

2. ROT Marcus Cannon 6'5" 358 (BIG MAN with good feet and agility)

3. DE Allen Baily 6'3" 285 (physical player strong rush moves)

4. ILB Colin Mcarthy 6'1' 235 (puts the hammer down, take notes Poz)

4. NT Kendrick Ellis 6'5" 340(sorry not buying Nix smoke about being set at NT/DT)

5. OLB Steve Friday 6'4" 250 (or that he is fine with Merriman and Co.)

6. TE Lee Smith 6'6" 269 (Good hands great blocker)

7. ILB Alex Wujciak 6'3" 255 (solid, gamer)

Blaine Gabbert is going to be a bust. Plus he has the fagiest name ever. No thank you!!!!

Would it? it would better since winning the SB but there are hundred option there too ;)

OH YA, MUCH better! Bills winning Superbowl, SF Giants winning World Series, who cares what happens until a few years down the line!

Buddy Nix in a recent interview listed DE, CB, ILB,QB, and OT as najor needs. OLB is not listed as he said he is happy with Merriman, Moats and maybe Maybin. So here's what the bills draft might look like, he said he doe'nt like to trade down either.

1. Patrick Peterson, LSU S/CB. Best Player in the draft, listed as need by Nix. This pick is assuming that Newton was selected by Carolina.

2. Akeem Ayers, UCLA ILB. One of the best ILB in the draft.

3. Andy Dalton TCU, QB. career stats Project QB to back up Fitz. Risng up the charts and Galley knows him.

4a. Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin. Bills get lucky and this guys slips to 4th round.

4b. Marcus Gilbert Florida OT, can challege foe starter and adds depth.

5. Lawrence Guy Arizona St DE. Depth at position. has good size 6'5" 300.

6. Josh Bynes Auburn ILB. More LB Depth.

7. Graig Cooper Miami RB. Best Player on Board. Depth behind Spiller and Jackson.

It's not my favorite draft, but the Bills never draft what I want or expect.

I'm sure I couldn't come up with a projected draft as probable as this one. Yet, I can't help but comment that I think it's unlikely that the Bills will wait until the 5th Round to draft a defensive lineman. This is a good year for DEs and there will be good options available in Rds 2-4. Considering the Bills poor run defense and lack of pass rush, I got to imagine they'll take a DE earlier than Rd 5.

Happy with our OLBs? That is our weakest area? I hope this is not true. I also hope the Kelsey OLB experiment is over.

It certainly was our biggest weakness last season.

You have to decide if Buddy believes he has Merriman at one of the spots, and Moats covering the other. That was the OP's take, and it's not unreasonable, though betting on Merriman seems like one heck of a gamble.

So you all think Cam Newton, or Bowers, or Von Miller, or DE , whatever.

Based on last year, who saw the Bills taking Spiller? They didn't need a running back, but they got one.

This year?

Julio Jones. Don't be shocked if it happens. We all know how unpredictable the Bills are. With Jones drafted then you know one of the receivers is gone. Maybe this is Lee's year to get traded. I can here the Bills fans moaning in agony now. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened.

at #3 that would be a reach....He isn't even the highest rated player at his position!

This. Could be our starting TE though :D

Fixed.

If you think Blaine Gabbert is better than Newton you may need to see a physician as soon as possible you maybe coming down with a head cold cuz your a lil sick in the head... Nobody ever heard of Gabbert until Luck didn't declare. Its like on Monday Luck was unsure nobody knew Gabbert, Tuesday Luck said no NFL, Wednesday Gabbert was on ESPN... Gabberts a true nobody...

No thanks;

1. QB Cameron Newton 6-6" 250 (need a franchise, good arm, feet and Leadership)

2. DL Cameron Heyward 6'5" 288 (BIG MAN with good feet and agility)

3. DE Allen Baily 6'3" 285 (physical player strong rush moves)

4. ILB Colin Mcarthy 6'1' 235 (puts the hammer down, take notes Poz)

4. NT Kendrick Ellis 6'5" 340(sorry not buying Nix smoke about being set at NT/DT)

5. OLB Steve Friday 6'4" 250 (or that he is fine with Merriman and Co.)

6. TE Lee Smith 6'6" 269 (Good hands great blocker)

7. ILB Alex Wujciak 6'3" 255 (solid, gamer)

*FIXED*

If the Bills don't take Newton or Gabbert with the first pick then it makes no sense to take one until the fifth round on (maybe one of the 4th picks depending on who's there). Ask yourself what the chances are the either Dalton or Ponder could ever become as good as Fitzpatrick is right now. The answer to me is there's a very slim chance of that happening. Fitzpatrick is a good QB on his way to being a very good QB. He's smart and threw 23 TDs in 13 games coming in off the bench.

Picking either Ponder or Dalton is throwing away a much needed starter somewhere else on the team, be it LB, DE, CB or OL. The Bills need starters!

If they don't take QB in the first then they should just go with Fitzpatrick and reevaluate the position after this coming season.

People need to get a grip with the Fitz talk about his 23 TD's in 13 games...he got EIGHT of them in 2 games (and he was atrocious vs Cincy until BOTH starting safeties left the game) and picked up a worthless garbage time TD in the final minutes of each of his first 3 starts. His TD numbers are not very good on a game to game basis and he is near the bottom of the league in most of the other key QB categories...his season was not that good and this team needs a QB to develop to be the starter. Fitz is a good stop gap at best

People need to get a grip with the Fitz talk about his 23 TD's in 13 games...he got EIGHT of them in 2 games (and he was atrocious vs Cincy until BOTH starting safeties left the game) and picked up a worthless garbage time TD in the final minutes of each of his first 3 starts. His TD numbers are not very good on a game to game basis and he is near the bottom of the league in most of the other key QB categories...his season was not that good and this team needs a QB to develop to be the starter. Fitz is a good stop gap at best

Pick thru any QBs numbers and Im sure you can say the same thing. You really think youre onto something "discovering" that players put up better numbers on their weaker opponents?

If there was no JaMarcus Russell and this guy was white, he'd be the concensus #1 overall pick. He went undefeated in the toughest conference in college football. Won 2 nat'l championships in college. I'm not saying he's going to be great, but he's certainly going early in the 1st round.

Amen! :thumbsup:

he won't be there, but if he was, YES!

Naw,you make a trade or even pick up an FA like a Brees, Dilfer, two-time loser Brad Johnson, Vick or even Brett Favre (a second rounder run out of town elsewhere who actually was available twice as an FA and took a team into the championship game after being picked up as an FA.

Sure, some of these gets were malcontents or high maintenance, but you are saying that tons of early QB choices like Leaf, Russel or Smith were also not malcontent high maintenance idiots.

The key is that it comes down to individual player assessment and relative risk/reward judgments.

I simply see no QBs in this draft whose risk/reward and the Bills obvious need to stop the run who would be worth more than a 4th rounder to us.

Disagreeing with this is more than legit, but the debate devolves down pretty quickly to the person advocating the QB choice to choose a name and advocate for him being worthy of that draft pick.

Is Farve still playing, yes, get him !!!!!

*FIXED*

Touche, But Cam won't be a good NFL QB and if we draft him that will set us back another decade. (4 years of figuring out he is not the answer then 6 more years of getting the right one that can get us to the SB)

Blaine Gabbert is going to be a bust. Plus he has the fagiest name ever. No thank you!!!!

Not sure if he is the answer but after watching him play I doubt he will be a bust. I really like Kaepernick but he is 2-3 years away from being NFL ready whereas Gabbert is one. His name could be Pam Anderson but who cares as long as he is good.

If you think Blaine Gabbert is better than Newton you may need to see a physician as soon as possible you maybe coming down with a head cold cuz your a lil sick in the head... Nobody ever heard of Gabbert until Luck didn't declare. Its like on Monday Luck was unsure nobody knew Gabbert, Tuesday Luck said no NFL, Wednesday Gabbert was on ESPN... Gabberts a true nobody...

Gabbert is a QB, Newton is an Athlete, any questions?

If there was no JaMarcus Russell and this guy was white, he'd be the concensus #1 overall pick. He went undefeated in the toughest conference in college football. Won 2 nat'l championships in college. I'm not saying he's going to be great, but he's certainly going early in the 1st round.

:rolleyes::lol:

Ah yes, the almighty Übermensch QB Kim Newton led powerhouse Blinn Junior College to a national championship , while along the way putting great fear and trepidation in the likes of fellow college football powerhouses such as Trinity Valley Community College, Kilgore College, Tyler Junior College, etc...

Welcome To Blinn Junior College

So you all think Cam Newton, or Bowers, or Von Miller, or DE , whatever.

Based on last year, who saw the Bills taking Spiller? They didn't need a running back, but they got one.

This year?

Julio Jones. Don't be shocked if it happens. We all know how unpredictable the Bills are. With Jones drafted then you know one of the receivers is gone. Maybe this is Lee's year to get traded. I can here the Bills fans moaning in agony now. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if it happened.

I'd rather go after Mike Sims-Walker

Buddy Nix in a recent interview listed DE, CB, ILB,QB, and OT as najor needs. OLB is not listed as he said he is happy with Merriman, Moats and maybe Maybin. So here's what the bills draft might look like, he said he doe'nt like to trade down either.

1. Patrick Peterson, LSU S/CB. Best Player in the draft, listed as need by Nix. This pick is assuming that Newton was selected by Carolina.

2. Akeem Ayers, UCLA ILB. One of the best ILB in the draft.

3. Andy Dalton TCU, QB. career stats Project QB to back up Fitz. Risng up the charts and Galley knows him.

4a. Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin. Bills get lucky and this guys slips to 4th round.

4b. Marcus Gilbert Florida OT, can challege foe starter and adds depth.

5. Lawrence Guy Arizona St DE. Depth at position. has good size 6'5" 300.

6. Josh Bynes Auburn ILB. More LB Depth.

7. Graig Cooper Miami RB. Best Player on Board. Depth behind Spiller and Jackson.

It's not my favorite draft, but the Bills never draft what I want or expect.

if 1/2 of this was right I'd be excited. I want Peterson at #3 if he is there (hands down best player, and the next revis island). ayers in the 2nd would be amazing but I'd be a little shocked if he feel that far. however, if he does, he is a no brainer. the guy would be our first ILB who can cover a TE in years. Dalton is a nice project QB. I dont think Kendricks last that long though. Bynes would be a solid guy too.

If you think Blaine Gabbert is better than Newton you may need to see a physician as soon as possible you maybe coming down with a head cold cuz your a lil sick in the head...

Tell that to Mike Mayock...

Mayock sees four quarterbacks with first-round ability: Gabbert, Auburn’s Cam Newton, Washington’s Jake Locker and Arkansas’ Ryan Mallet, but Gabbert is the only one he viewed as a top-10 pick coming out of the combine...“If I’m telling you he’s a top-10 pick, I’m willing to put my butt on the line and say he’s a top-one pick,” Mayock said.

Link-Mayock on Blaine Gabbert: ‘He’s a top-one pick’

Nobody ever heard of Gabbert until Luck didn't declare. Its like on Monday Luck was unsure nobody knew Gabbert, Tuesday Luck said no NFL, Wednesday Gabbert was on ESPN... Gabberts a true nobody...

:lol:

Well, actually, someone did know who Gabbert was before Luck didn't declare - Luck's coach, Jim Harbaugh...

While coaching at Stanford, Jim Harbaugh tried to recruit Gabbert, who was considered the best pro-style quarterback coming out of high school at the time. Apparently, he actually does have a decent amount of experience and skill under center.

(link)

Word is that Harbaugh actually wanted Gabbert over Luck, liking Blaine even more than he liked Andy.

Your comments regarding Blaine Gabbert are ludicrous. You need to clear your head of your Kim Newton love - it's making you delusional.

Edited by The Senator