Brian Brohm Released

:huh:

Cutting Brohm loose in all likelihood means Bills will draft a QB. They won't go with just Fitz (who they're not completely sold on) and the unheralded, once cut Brown.

I don't see them bringing in a vet to backup a vet either ... doesn't make sense with a guy like Chan who wants his own "franchise QB."

So methinks they must be targeting one in the draft. Likely a 1st or 2nd rounder since they don't want another late rounder like Brown on the roster.

I don't like the implications either:

- use #3 pick, when I don't see any QB worthy of it;

- or use #35 pick for best QB available, which likely means drafting DFensive front 7 at 3 (where I think there's better quality than the QB class, but still not worthy of #3. I want a true elite player like Peterson or Green.)

So we either use our most valuable pick on a QB that we will have to pay and play for years even though odds are he may not be worth it, or make the mistake of drafting for need at #3 with a reach on DFensive front 7, and follow that up with another reach in Rd 2 by just going with best QB, no matter where he really rates.

If that's the case, as poor as Brohm looks, I wish we'd just keep him for another year. :blink:

First of all Joe, you should change the title of the thread. You make it sound like Brohm has been released. Secondly, and maybe I am alone on this, but I highly doubt it, Your new avatar of your shirtless self must go. It's creepin me out. And all this time I just thought you liked beer. :huh:

As for most of the rest of you, I just don't get out all the hate for Brohm. He had one game at the end of the year, again, with our 0-line decimated, again. Granted he didn't light it up or have a great game, but it was ONE friggin game. The man needs some time under center with the regular front line starters. Some meaningful time playing, even 2-3 games in a row could possibly go a long way for him to get a grasp of the speed of the game. Many of us wrote off Fitz before last year started and see how that turned out. I really find it hard to believe any of you know what Chan is feeling with regards to Brohm and just assume brohm is gone. Gailey may want to work with him some more. He has surely done more with less in the past. Personally, I don't think Brohm will be released. And I don't want it to happen. Bottom line to me, there is just not enough tangible evidence yet to throw Briam Brohm under the bus.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting Brohm loose in all likelihood means Bills will draft a QB. They won't go with just Fitz (who they're not completely sold on) and the unheralded, once cut Brown.

I don't see them bringing in a vet to backup a vet either ... doesn't make sense with a guy like Chan who wants his own "franchise QB."

So methinks they must be targeting one in the draft. Likely a 1st or 2nd rounder since they don't want another late rounder like Brown on the roster.

- or use #35 pick for best QB available, which likely means drafting DFensive front 7 at 3 (where I think there's better quality than the QB class, but still not worthy of #3. I want a true elite player like Peterson or Green.)

So we either use our most valuable pick on a QB that we will have to pay and play for years even though odds are he may not be worth it, or make the mistake of drafting for need at #3 with a reach on DFensive front 7, and follow that up with another reach in Rd 2 by just going with best QB, no matter where he really rates.

If that's the case, as poor as Brohm looks, I wish we'd just keep him for another year. :blink:

I think you gotta move forward. Even though our depth at QB is a joke at best, give some journeyman a chance. Brohm ain't worth a poop. I don't like the idea of going into the season with only 1 REAL QB, but I say with all the Bills other issues, address the lines and defense and worry about the QB position 2012. Sometimes you have to sacrifice to gain. I believe that's what the Bills are gonna need to do to get better at other positions and address the QB situation in a major way in 2012.

Welp! I guess all the Broom supporters are going to jump off the peace bridge now... I hope they can swim :oops: ... Now that he's gone more room for CAM NEWTON!...

(Im the first to mention Cam do I get a prize? Even tho I felt a slight Cam dis coming from our ^TBD government^ LOL...)

Jeez, God forbid some of us want our 2nd string qb to play well. Good thing I'm a good swimmer I guess.

But please tell me where in the article it says Brian Brohm has been released? He just wasn't tendered and he might not be a free agent anyway, depending on what happens with the cba.

Hows Graham Harrell working out for you? :lol:

For me, not well, since he's not wearing a Bills uniform - if Nix has more brains than the average Longhorn, he'll do everything he can to change that. :lol:

But in Green Bay, GH is wearing a Superbowl ring so I'd say he's working out just fine for them. Thanks for asking!

GO GRAHAM!!!!!

post-2970-005152700 1299161612_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

I'm not sad to see Brohm go. But I do think it's curious we once cut Brown and kept Brohm. Now we cut Brohm and keep Brown. What changed?

What changed is that Brohm wasn't cut, his contract expired. I doubt the Bills would have cut him if he had another year on his deal. But tendering Brohm (if the tenders even hold up next year) would be too expensive for a player who clearly can't cut it on your team.

I agree with their process. They took a long look at TE and Brohm, evaluated the tape and then decided what to do about them. All good. This team needs new bodies all across the board. I think they will get this right. But it will take 2-3 years for them to compete with the top 10 teams. It's just that simple. No silver bullets.

For me, not well, since he's not wearing a Bills uniform - if Nix has more brains than the average Longhorn, he'll do everything he can to change that. :lol:

But in Green Bay, GH is wearing a Superbowl ring so I'd say he's working out just fine for them. Thanks for asking!

GO GRAHAM!!!!!

Graham is about one year away from being a good prospective starting QB in this league. He has the physical tools to do it and our coach Mike McCarthy runs one hell of a QB school. Watch out for GH in the future, he may actually be something.

Graham is about one year away from being a good prospective starting QB in this league. He has the physical tools to do it and our coach Mike McCarthy runs one hell of a QB school. Watch out for GH in the future, he may actually be something.

You're " preachin' to the choir ", my friend - though some will remain in stubborn denial, and won't believe it until after it has already happened.

OTOH, you guys in GB will have a standout QB in Graham Harrell for years to come. :thumbsup:

:huh:

First of all Joe, you should change the title of the thread. You make it sound like Brohm has been released. Secondly, and maybe I am alone on this, but I highly doubt it, Your new avatar of your shirtless self must go. It's creepin me out. And all this time I just thought you liked beer. :huh:

As for most of the rest of you, I just don't get out all the hate for Brohm. He had one game at the end of the year, again, with our 0-line decimated, again. Granted he didn't light it up or have a great game, but it was ONE friggin game. The man needs some time under center with the regular front line starters. Some meaningful time playing, even 2-3 games in a row could possibly go a long way for him to get a grasp of the speed of the game. Many of us wrote off Fitz before last year started and see how that turned out. I really find it hard to believe any of you know what Chan is feeling with regards to Brohm and just assume brohm is gone. Gailey may want to work with him some more. He has surely done more with less in the past. Personally, I don't think Brohm will be released. And I don't want it to happen. Bottom line to me, there is just not enough tangible evidence yet to throw Briam Brohm under the bus.

This is an example of denial at its worst. He got TWO more NFL starts than he ever deserved and was absolutely horrible in each. Add to that the fact that in all his NFL games, preseason included, he's never had even one touchdown drive. What makes Brian Brohm more deserving of another chance than any of the other QBs who over the years have been bad every time they saw live action?

Nobody hates Brian Brohm. Some of us just recognize a guy who can't cut it sooner than others. I wish Brian Brohm the best, just as long as he doesn't ever suit up in a Bills uniform again. In fact, I wouldn't mind it if Brohm ended up the starting QB of the Dolphins, but then that would guarantee 15 years of Andrew Luck in our division.

Brohm wasn't released & Gregg Williams was never fired-their contracts just ran out :lol::lol::lol:

and no this does not clear the way to draft newton

well technically i suppose it does but dat aint happenin

If you have your heart set on that, you might just be a little disappointed. If this is true, I am glad Brohm is gone, if it isn't true, I hope it becomes true, real soon, he is barely an NFL #3 much less #2 or #1. Maybe he can catch on in the UFL, J.P. won a championship and his skills are far above Brohm's-and that isn't saying a whole lot.

Edited by billsfreak

Brohm was given the opportunity to show something. He didn't, and wasn't resigned.

I don't feel bad about it. I'm glad the Bills took the chance. Sometimes guys will turn it around with another team. He wasn't that guy.

On drafting a QB, I'd hate seeing the 2nd rounder being used on drafting one.

Brohm was given the opportunity to show something. He didn't, and wasn't resigned.

I don't feel bad about it. I'm glad the Bills took the chance. Sometimes guys will turn it around with another team. He wasn't that guy.

It would kinda suck taking a QB in the second round after they just took one in the first round.

This does confirm that the Bills will be adding a QB this offseason - no way they go into the season with just Fitzy and Brown. Of course, it doesn't mean that QB #3 isn't going to be a journeyman vet like David Carr or Curtis Painter.

Agree 100% He just wasn't that guy. I've got no animosity towards him. He just wasn't that guy.

As for the draft? Who knows. I suspect that if they like a guy at round 3 or 4 they'll take him. (I also hope not in round 1 or 2) If they don't find someone available at the price they're willing to pay then I figure we'll get a veteran backup with some upside (ala Fitzpatrick).

It would kinda suck taking a QB in the second round after they just took one in the first round.

You can never have enough franchise QBs...Newton, Gabbert, Mallett, Ponder, Locker, Kaepernick, McElroy...

I'm sure we have some posters who would take QBs in every round, then argue that we still need to lose every game so we can also draft Andy Luck :wacko:

You can never have enough franchise QBs...Newton, Gabbert, Mallett, Ponder, Locker, Kaepernick, McElroy...

I'm sure we have some posters who would take QBs in every round, then argue that we still need to lose every game so we can also draft Andy Luck :wacko:

That would be hysterical, wouldn't it. And with the crop this year, I could still see us not finding a starter!

Whatever happened to the guy in the kilt whose answer to every post was: "Brohm"?

Was that WangfromSang? I remember someone with a handle like that who created a number of threads insisting that the Bills need to start Brohm so that we fans could see "what he's got?

This is an example of denial at its worst. He got TWO more NFL starts than he ever deserved and was absolutely horrible in each. Add to that the fact that in all his NFL games, preseason included, he's never had even one touchdown drive. What makes Brian Brohm more deserving of another chance than any of the other QBs who over the years have been bad every time they saw live action?

Nobody hates Brian Brohm. Some of us just recognize a guy who can't cut it sooner than others. I wish Brian Brohm the best, just as long as he doesn't ever suit up in a Bills uniform again. In fact, I wouldn't mind it if Brohm ended up the starting QB of the Dolphins, but then that would guarantee 15 years of Andrew Luck in our division.

Brohm wasn't released & Gregg Williams was never fired-their contracts just ran out :lol::lol::lol:

There's no denial. I'm not saying he's great or anything, but I still think he has the tools to become a productive qb in this league. You've seen 2 games from him, under less than stellar conditions no less, and you have him all figured out? That's mighty impressive. Chan should be able to use you on the staff.

The first time he got to play year before last against atlanta, he was only here 5 weeks or so and the line was decimated. he had absolutely no chance to succeed. This year when he got his shot the line was in shambles again, the 32nd ranked defense against the run and playing against the jets or patriots i cant remember which. And it was his first live game since preseason. I don't even think Fitz would have looked good against them the way the team was playing and with all the injuries.

So for me, I am not ready to write him off. Like I said, Chan has done more with less so there is the chance that he could get something out of him yet. I know I am in the minority here but I'd like to see him play with the starters , when they are all healthy, for a few games, and then I can accurately judge what you and a lot of others think you know. Till they draft a stud and/or let brohm go, I'm still gonna back the guy.