I still wish we had drafted Colt McCoy

major

After seeing Mallett's interview at the combine, I don't want him as an UDFA. The guy is a mental case.

What about his combine interview leads you to believe that he is a "mental case." I think he handled the situation with poise and class. He was asked the same question 4 or 5 times...each time respectfully declining to respond. When he was asked the same question again, he politely excused himself from the interview.

If anything, I think the reporters were being pushy and disrespectful.

What about his combine interview leads you to believe that he is a "mental case." I think he handled the situation with poise and class. He was asked the same question 4 or 5 times...each time respectfully declining to respond. When he was asked the same question again, he politely excused himself from the interview.

agreed

Agreed as well. I thought he did just fine in that interview

I'd love to see the Bills get Mallet or Locker in the 3rd, but I don't think they'll last that long. Colt is a West Coast short thrower only. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns are drafting his replacement next year.

I'd love to see the Bills get Mallet or Locker in the 3rd, but I don't think they'll last that long. Colt is a West Coast short thrower only. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns are drafting his replacement next year.

Here's the thing - I don't think he was ever drafted as starter so it's not really a replacement. If you are looking for a starter in round three then you have failed somewhere along the line. If one happens to bite you in the *** then so be it.

First round, a coin flip -- third round, 1 in 30?

Ok I know this will probably start a riot but so be it... Mallet storms off the stage pissy because he gets asked about being a druggy and you give him a pass but Cam says he want to be and entertainer and icon to a question about his under armor deal. But he gets labeled a arrogant and cocky guy who doesn't want to become a real qb? Come on freaking McElroy was cocky too by saying he'll be better than Cam does anybody have a problem with McElroy NO! That's what QB's are you'd never hear Manning say Brady is better or vice versa. But to say what Mallet did was ok is just wrong. But you same people get pissy bout what Cam said. You should be ashamed of yourselves, such hypocrites...

*Puts on riot gear* BRING IT!

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Ok I know this will probably start a riot but so be it... Mallet storms off the stage pissy because he gets asked about being a druggy and you give him a pass but Cam says he want to be and entertainer and icon to a question about his under armor deal. But he gets labeled a arrogant and cocky guy who doesn't want to become a real qb? Come on freaking McElroy was cocky too by saying he'll be better than Cam does anybody have a problem with McElroy NO! That's what QB's are you'd never hear Manning say Brady is better or vice versa. But to say what Mallet did was ok is just wrong. But you same people get pissy bout what Cam said. You should be ashamed of yourselves, such hypocrites...

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." -- Billy Madison

That is why I think they should pick Kaepernick if they pick a QB this year. No drama, strong arm, fast, agile, and did I say no drama?

I did not know Charlie Sheen was a Bills fan?

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." -- Billy Madison

That coming from a guy with Fitzgerald as his avatar is generally accpetable so i'll give you a hall pass this time...LOL

That is why I think they should pick Kaepernick if they pick a QB this year. No drama, strong arm, fast, agile, and did I say no drama?

I like Kaspernick to but he doesn't have the upside that Cam...

I did not know Charlie Sheen was a Bills fan?

I wish I had Charlie Sheen Money...

I don't like either of them. :nana:

Um, who is Fitzgerald?

Edited by Rockinon

Pick 199, 1 in 1000? Bag boy at grocery store, 1 in 1,000,000?

its like people are somehow offended by statistics or just dont understand the idea of using odds to your favor. just because something has happened before doesnt mean its likely to happen again or that people are planning on it happening in their decision process. do you think chan is planning on levi brown to be the next brady? nope. hes a flyer that could maybe be a backup someday. anything more is a HUGE surprise. its like picking up a paper on the ground to throw out and it ending up being a winning lottery ticket to have brady work out like that.

its like bashing someone for saying its smart to go to school and get good grades by throwing out your 3rd cousin who hit it rich in the lotto even though he cant read.

in the third round you are seeking a reliable backup that could possibly start in case of injury, not the franchise. who is the only real starter found in the last decade in the third? schaub. what has he won? When thats the high end of the spectrum you have to really stay focused on what you are likely to get, and a playoff qb is unlikely. i dont think holmgren expected colt to be a starter, but a still a valuable addition as a back up and role player.

I really do wish we had drafted Colt McCoy. Fitz could have groomed him. Oh well. I say we take a hard look at Locker or Mallet in the later rounds.

Why do you wish we drafted McCoy when we got Spiller? He should have been rookie of the year (sarcasm intended).