George Wilson re-signs w/Buffalo

MattyT

THANK THE LORD

The Bills resigned their best Safety today. Now I can only hope Whitner is not here next year so that it guarantees Wilson is starting. This move more than anything else indicates to me that there may be some intelligence in the Bills FO. Its about freaking time that the Bills make a smart decision.

Now draft some monster Lineman!

Edited by Thoner7

Solid move by the front office. Wislon would've been one of the better safeties to hit the open open market this year IMO. I'm guessing 3 years $12 million with $5-$6 mill. guarenteed. A good deal for both sides.

Wilson is an adequate safety with decent ball skills and a good special teams player. I'm glad Buddy extended a valuable member to the team.

Edited by Estro

Nice!! I really like Wilson, whether as a starter or a reserve. If you believe in building through the draft, it's extra critical to re-sign your own guys. Even if the RFA tender holds up, Whitner's probably gone. If Wilson went as well, we might have seen a 2nd or 3rd round pick spent on a new starting SS.

Great move to keep George, along with Wrotto's signing an extension, tenders to Poz, Scott Chandler, Felton Huggins, Garrison Sanborn (long snapper), and if people didn't already know, a tender (wisely IMO)to Donte Whitner as well. The more decent players they keep the more holes they free up to focus on filling in the draft.

They can still sign free agents as well if the CBA gets settled before the draft so go Channix!

P.S. A buddy of mine pointed out to me (since I wasn't a big fan of risking taking Newton if he falls to us at #3) and said to think about Newton, Spiller\Ganther, and Freddie in the same backfield. Pretty hard to pick a guy to defend and I hadn't thought of it that way but he's absolutely right. I'm no longer afraid of this pick and there's real depth of Defensive players to boot.

Edited by hammie65