Ponder this............

SoggyHog

Would you be up for this scenario:

Bills/Arizona trade

Arizona gets 3rd overall, Bills get 5th and 38th. (value 2200 vs. 2220)

#3 AZ- Newton/Gabbert

#5 BUF - Von Miller OLB Texas A&M (perfect olb for hybrid D)

#34 BUF - Akeem Ayers ILB UCLA (great speed rush ilb)

#38 Buf- Christian Ponder QB Florida St. (all the qualities of a franchise qb, history of throwing shoulder injuries)

Might be a reach for Ponder with 38th pick, but I don't think he will last until the 3rd. Great 1-2 punch on Defense and Ponder can sit a year or two behind Fitz and learn.

Bills/Arizona trade

#3 AZ- Newton/Gabbert

#38 Buf- Christian Ponder QB Florida St. (all the qualities of a franchise qb, history of throwing shoulder injuries)

Might be a reach for Ponder with 38th pick, but I don't think he will last until the 3rd. Great 1-2 punch on Defense and Ponder can sit a year or two behind Fitz and learn.

Ayers played OLB at UCLA but I think with his size he could move to the inside just fine, that being said I don't think he'll be around past pick 20. I'm not a Ponder guy (not that I don't like him just don't want to invest a 2-3 rd pick in the guy). Infact I'd rather just not draft a QB this year. I like the trade down scenario but I'd rather have something like this.....

5. Quinn/Dareus/Miller in that order (whoever is left, I'd put Fairley first but he will def be gone at 5).

34. Phil Taylor NT Baylor

38. Best OT or LB available.

Edited by Stl Bills

Not a big Von Miller fan. Give me Dareus all day every day. One of the tackles could fall to the second after Tyron Smith's stock absolutely skyrocketed. We could see Carimi or Sherrod at 34 which would make me happy in the pants. I'm cool with Ponder at 38.

I just don't see a trade down in our future tbh.

I like getting the trade, but not to take Ponder at #38 - I think he'll be there for us at #68.

(The other thing to consider is Nix and Gailey might want Gabbert themselves at #3.)

Who would you take at 38? Lot's of people aren't sold on Ponder either. Injuries are keeping some from him.

Who would you take at 38? Lot's of people aren't sold on Ponder either. Injuries are keeping some from him.

That's the beautiful thing about this new 3-day draft format - having a full evening to consider everything that happened on round one and which players unexpectedly slipped to round 2. It'd be great to have picks #34 & #38, with a full overnite to regroup before making those selections.

There's no reason to take a QB at #38 who has a very low probability to reach the level where Ryan Fitzpatrick is right now. People have forgotten that we actually do have a good QB.

They either take a QB at #3 or they wait till the 3rd on down before taking a QB. And if they take a QB in the 3rd or 4th, he had better have a projected higher upside than what we have right now, which is pretty good.

Otherwise they're just wasting picks that can be used for fortify other positions.

I prefer either take a QB at #3, or not at all and reevaluate the position going into the 2012 draft.

There's no reason to take a QB at #38 who has a very low probability to reach the level where Ryan Fitzpatrick is right now. People have forgotten that we actually do have a good QB.

They either take a QB at #3 or they wait till the 3rd on down before taking a QB. And if they take a QB in the 3rd or 4th, he had better have a projected higher upside than what we have right now, which is pretty good.

Otherwise they're just wasting picks that can be used for fortify other positions.

I prefer either take a QB at #3, or not at all and reevaluate the position going into the 2012 draft.

Gabbert it is, then. B-)

I wouldn't take Ponder anywhere in this draft. He has a weak arm and it showed during the Senior Bowl.

While Ponder doesn't seem to have great arm strength, IMO, he makes up for it by having a silky smooth delivery, nice touch, and pretty good accuracy. I agree with many posters on this board who do not like Ponder because he doesn't appear to offer anything that we don't already have in Fitz. I think Chan really likes Ponder, however, and I have a sneaking suspicion that we will be drafting him in round 3.

Bills/Arizona trade

#3 AZ- Newton/Gabbert

Ayers isn't an ILB. He's an OLB. I wouldn't mind the Bills trading down a bit though. I think the best chance of that is with Cleveland if they want to get AJ Green. Would love Von Miller, but if they went Miller in Rd. 1 they need to grab a DL with one of those two second round picks. Cam Heyward might still be there. And Ponder would be cool with me. But I would be tempted to grab an RT or CB with that extra second round pick and grab a developmental QB in rd. 3.

Edited by purple haze

Gotta agree...I think he'd be rendered ineffective with the factor of the winds at the Ralph. We need a QB with a bigger arm.

Kyle Bowler had a huge arm. Tom Brady does not. You don't need a huge arm to be effective. Why would you want a QB with a huge arm if he's not a great decision maker or great with accuracy?