• Robert Quinn
    • AJ Green
    • Patrick Peterson
    • Prince Amukamara
    • Von MIller
    • Blaine Gabbert
    • Cameron Jordan
    • Other

I want a defense. If we can't stop these 200+ yard rushing games, it won't matter if we have Joe Montana 2.0 out there; we aren't going to win a championship.

:bag:

True. But if we have Ryan Fitzpatrick out there, we aren't gonna win a championship. Get the QB when you're in position to get him (which isn't every year), then build the d

Don't throw the race card here, in actuality its what EVERYONE IS comparing him to, the guy I quoted threw in Russell. They all happen to be black QB's who can scramble, have big arms and who all played brilliantly in college. Vick never won a national championship tho, and was the #1 overall for a reason. He was faster-quicker then most NFL DB's, he was clocked at 4.36 at his rookie mini camp, and said to have run a 4.25-4.33 at the combine. Thats Dion Sanders DB type speed at 4.28 and almost unreal.

Just to give you some perspective on the subject ...Newton did the 40yd dash in 4.75, Fitz did it in 4.87....Newton isn't going to run away from anybody in the NFL, just ask Spiller!

Just because you got the Jamarcus russell comparison from someone else, doesn't mean he didn't compare them due to race. They aren't alike on the football field. They just aren't. Not sure what you see when you watch newton play, but he's an athlete, Russell is not. He's not fast. He doesn't make people miss. He wasn't constantly bursting up the middle of the field blowing up LBs. I love the 40 comparisons too. Have you seen Ryan Fitzpatrick run the 40 in pads? There's a big difference. The pads don't affect newtons running the same way they affect newton. Newton is a physical specimen. Fitz is not. Russell was not. Russell was fat and had a big arm. Vince young was big and fast, but had a weak arm. Its hard to compare anyone to vick. Dude is just MUCH faster than anyone to play the position. He has a monster arm, but is much smaller than newton. Newton has a big arm and is fast and is 6'6 250 and he will be plowing threw guys at the NFL lvl for 1st downs. If he's on the field for the bills, I hope he only does it to get a 1st down, and not much otherwise. But either way, yes, the NFL players are bigger an faster than college....cam is bigger and faster too. Don't hate the debate

Edited by NewEra

True. But if we have Ryan Fitzpatrick out there, we aren't gonna win a championship. Get the QB when you're in position to get him (which isn't every year), then build the d

Yea, but Fitz and QB is not the weakest area of the team, and looking at last season its about the only bright spot

Just because you got the Jamarcus russell comparison from someone else, doesn't mean he didn't compare them due to race. They aren't alike on the football field. They just aren't. Not sure what you see when you watch newton play, but he's an athlete, Russell is not. He's not fast. He doesn't make people miss. He wasn't constantly bursting up the middle of the field blowing up LBs. I love the 40 comparisons too. Have you seen Ryan Fitzpatrick run the 40 in pads? There's a big difference. The pads don't affect newtons running the same way they affect newton. Newton is a physical specimen. Fitz is not. Russell was not. Russell was fat and had a big arm. Vince young was big and fast, but had a weak arm. Its hard to compare anyone to vick. Dude is just MUCH faster than anyone to play the position. He has a monster arm, but is much smaller than newton. Newton has a big arm and is fast and is 6'6 250 and he will be plowing threw guys at the NFL lvl for 1st downs. If he's on the field for the bills, I hope he only does it to get a 1st down, and not much otherwise. But either way, yes, the NFL players are bigger an faster than college....cam is bigger and faster too. Don't hate the debate

I agree Russell was an under achieving blimp, Vince Young is not and he is always injured, Young ran a 4.58 which is faster then Newton, plus he is a head case...so was Vick...so is Russell....Newton stole someones laptop, he has a shady past and very well could be another head case.

4.75 isn't fast at all in the NFL, he isn't going to out run anyone, and he ran more then he threw in college... The guy might have been bigger,stronger,faster in college.... but the NFL is soooo much faster...he will get killed in Buffalo behind that horrid Bills line.

Take the experienced vet QB out of the equation and put a rookie in his place, kinda what Brian Brohm looked like in that Jets game last year. ...Newton is gonna get killed.

I'm all for drafting a franchise QB, if there was a Sam Bradford- Matt Stafford I'd say go for it... Newton has a huge potential to be another bust, I'd rather see the defense get help.

I agree Russell was an under achieving blimp, Vince Young is not and he is always injured, Young ran a 4.58 which is faster then Newton, plus he is a head case...so was Vick...so is Russell....Newton stole someones laptop, he has a shady past and very well could be another head case.

4.75 isn't fast at all in the NFL, he isn't going to out run anyone, and he ran more then he threw in college... The guy might have been bigger,stronger,faster in college.... but the NFL is soooo much faster...he will get killed in Buffalo behind that horrid Bills line.

Take the experienced vet QB out of the equation and put a rookie in his place, kinda what Brian Brohm looked like in that Jets game last year. ...Newton is gonna get killed.

I'm all for drafting a franchise QB, if there was a Sam Bradford- Matt Stafford I'd say go for it... Newton has a huge potential to be another bust, I'd rather see the defense get help.

Well said Harvey. It basically comes down to if you like cam or not. If you think there's a good chance he reaches his potential, you thunk we should draft him. If you think it's unlikely he reaches it, you don't wanna take the chance. I wouldn't judge his 4.75 40 time too much. He certainly has better game speed then that, along with exceptional lateral quickness and juke moves.

i would say cam then quinn then dareus as my top 3, with the stipulation that id want a lot of time with the first two before pulling the trigger. i just think they are both rare physical specimens that if they have good heads you cant pass on them. the third being the all around package that is a safe bet and good fit.

About halfway through the college season I was a huge fan of Mallett and was not a fan of Newton but by the end of the bowl games it did a 180. My first 2 choices for QB now would be Newton and Kaepernick.

I still feel that we need a QB & a DE with our first 2 picks. I Don't care which order.

The most interesting thing about the poll results is the almost stunning lack of support for DaQuan Bowers.

He has very gaudy stats and some mocks have him projected as going first overall.

I've not been impressed with the available video on him and apparently a lot of other people here feel the same way.

The most interesting thing about the poll results is the almost stunning lack of support for DaQuan Bowers.

He has very gaudy stats and some mocks have him projected as going first overall.

I've not been impressed with the available video on him and apparently a lot of other people here feel the same way.

His gaudy stays were from 1 season of being successful.

He wasn't good until his senior season and doesn't look to be a good fit in the 3-4. I have him 9th on my big board for our draft needs.

It seems like we have a new flavor of the month here at TBD. First it seemed like Fairley, then Luck decided to stay and he was projected as number one. It switched to Dareus, then some started falling in love with Von Miller (some not), then Cam Newton, now it seems like Quinn is picking up steam. After the combine, things will change. Lets see how it stacks up pre-combine. I voted for Newton. There's tons of risk involved, but we need a franchise QB (no, fitz is NOT a franchise qb) and he has the most upside of almost any Qb in history. He fits the mold of QB chan is looking for and fits our offense. Worth the risk, jmo. what do you think?

Based on what Nix said about one year wonders I strongly doubt they pick Newton.

I voted for Dareus..him and Williams in the 4-3 would be great.

Bowers would be my second , Miller scares me with his size but is a good player, would make a good pro but I don't know if he as good as Mathews in Green Bay, with he would have to be if the Bills pick him at 3.

Out of curiosity, did they give any suggestions or reasons why they think he's bust material?

Bad work ethic, lazy practices, disappears for parts of game,

I was suprised by the number of 'Bama fans that said that about Dareus.

I am still taking Fairley. Per Mayock on NFLN tonight he thinks that Fairley is good enough to play any position on the DL in any front - which I like to hear. I still havent seen Quinn so how could I endorse him?

Me too!

I guess people have already forgotten how utterly pathetic the Bills run defense was last year. The Bills could take Newton and then draft a defensive lineman in the top 3 next year.

I actually think the Bills will wake up and start to build the defense. Two DL's and 2 LB's needed.

I say Dareus.

Fairley sounds like a version of Vince Wilfork and his cheap shot ness with a little Haynesworth slackitude built in.

Newton also has had his mix-ups, which I really don't want in the leader of my team.

We need a dominant DT, which would demand double teams. This would serve to 1.) free up our LB's to tackle, 2.) make the edge rushers better able to get into the backfield as more blockers are focused on plugging the middle, thus freeing them up for pressures and sacks and 3.) force QB's to throw when they don't want to, which will increase the INT's and amplify the abilities of our DB's.

If we can consistently bottle up the run, force other teams to have to pass, and keep scoring...sounds like the recipe for success.

We pick high in the second round, so I think a QB will be available early in the 2nd. And if not, we could use a DE or LB or T.

I don't think any QB's in this draft will translate well to the NFL. Just because we pick #3 overall, does NOT mean it has to be on a QB, IMO.

Edited by Red