Chan Has The "Steepest Uphill Battle"

Bill from NYC

What's sad?

That some guy named Andy Kent said the Bills have the steepest uphill battle?

Well considering they are a rebuilding team in a division with New England and New Jersey, that sounds about right although off the top of my head, I would say that Carolina has a steeper battle.

This guy is an unknown "writer." He makes a safe, if gratuitous statement. I don't see too much sad about this...

What's sad?

Well considering they are a rebuilding team in a division with New England and New Jersey, that sounds about right although off the top of my head, I would say that Carolina has a steeper battle.

This guy is an unknown "writer." He makes a safe, if gratuitous statement. I don't see too much sad about this...

Other than the fact that this team is woefully short on NFL talent.

I'm not so sure I agree with two of the underlying premises of the article, to whit: "Gailey needs to find a more solid answer at quarterback, while dealing with the cloud hanging over the franchise's head regarding whether or not it will move. That makes it harder to recruit free agents..."

Fitzy is more solid than some think - though I'll grant the opinion that he's not likely the long term answer. However, there are about 24 other clubs in the league that have a similar problem.

Regarding the cloud hanging over the franchise, I submit it's mostly resident within and over the writer's head. Free agents aren't likely IMHO to NOT come to Buffalo if they think there's a chance of the team moving to LA. Hell, that might make them MORE likely to sign up. My 2¢.

What's sad?

Maybe so. I guess I would love to hear a little good news. Maybe after the draft if they don't squander yet another first round pick, let alone the #3.

What's sad?

Maybe if the same article had been penned by, say, Peter King or John Clayton--or anyone else you may have heard of--you would be more receptive to it?

I'm guessing "no".

What's sad?

This guy is an unknown "writer." He makes a safe, if gratuitous statement. I don't see too much sad about this…

Maybe if the same article had been penned by, say, Peter King or John Clayton--or anyone else you may have heard of--you would be more receptive to it?

I'm guessing "no".

Do you see what I've bolded above, WEO?

What that means is that I don't disagree with the fact that the Bills have a steep hill to climb. I've posted that very fact in the recent past in other topics.

My point is that stating the obvious and then wallowing in it as some do, or celebrating the self-loathing aspect of it as others do, is truly the sad part.

Sorry that the nuance of my post escaped you.

Do you see what I've bolded above, WEO?

What that means is that I don't disagree with the fact that the Bills have a steep hill to climb. I've posted that very fact in the recent past in other topics.

My point is that stating the obvious and then wallowing in it as some do, or celebrating the self-loathing aspect of it as others do, is truly the sad part.

Sorry that the nuance of my post escaped you.

You made a specific reference to the fact that he is an unknown writer. If your doing so was not meant to denigrate his pointing out the "tough hill" angle, then, yes, I missed whatever "nuance" you are claiming to have embedded in that comment.

You know there actually is a difference between "celebrating self-loathing" and publicly criticizing a poorly performing organization and opposing those who tolerate, no--support endless mediocrity (at best) and serial ineptitude (at worst). Hint, the difference does not lie in "the nuances".