You do NOT mess with the US military

Jim in Anchorage

American. Fk yeah!

Lets drop a 2,000 lbs. missle on 3 guys walking on a road! Lets spend 40 rounds on a guy walking in an alley! (you can see how many rounds were fired in the Apache cameras lower right)

What's the life of an American ground troop worth? Tough question.

What's the life of an American ground troop worth? Tough question.

People who have never experienced war firsthand are usually the ones who don't understand why the military does what it does. Only 7% have served so that leaves 93% of our population who have no idea what they are talking about.

While impressive, it only serves to remind what a mistake invading Iraq was.

There's a big difference between messing with the US Military and messing with US Politicians.

Hopey Changey they tried to kill my Daddy crowd = 'tards who send in the US military without understanding their objective, adversary, or assets

US Military = We know how to kill people and we do our jobs well :worthy:

Give Kanye a Stratovarius. Would you expect art?

Me neither

Edited by /dev/null

It's a video of war, isn't that political by nature?

"War is merely the continuation of politics by other means." - Clausewitz.

And give the overwhelming influence of Clauswitz on the Pentagon's philosophy, it explains a hell of a lot.

I'm retired military, and I found it gravely disturbing. We view it as if its a video game and no one realizes that those are people. I realize its tough to pick out the bad guys from the civilians, but we seemingly are indiscrimate about who we are killing. Al Jazeera claims we are killing thousands of innocent civilians too.

I was in nukes, and never had to get my hands dirty so to speak. But the exclamations of glee from the pilots seemed odd and callous to me.

I'm retired military, and I found it gravely disturbing. We view it as if its a video game and no one realizes that those are people. I realize its tough to pick out the bad guys from the civilians, but we seemingly are indiscrimate about who we are killing. Al Jazeera claims we are killing thousands of innocent civilians too.

I was in nukes, and never had to get my hands dirty so to speak. But the exclamations of glee from the pilots seemed odd and callous to me.

Historically, flyboys are kind of like that. Same reason people act like !@#$s in their cars...they have a significant separation from the reality of what's going on around them.

Re: thousands of innocent civilians...they should stay out of the way. :pirate: Seriously, the US ROE is restrictive enough that any collateral damage from a strike is almost certainly NOT by pilot intent, no matter how gleeful they sound about it. Most of the video I've seen (not this one - like you, I find it disturbing, for the same reason - but others) shows the pilots and gunners taking great pains to identify targets and getting permission from higher-ups on the ground before engaging. While intentional murder of civilians does occur (witness the "Stryker dozen" in Afghanistan), it's decidedly the exception rather than the rule.