Since somebody mentioned WECK the other day

trolls_r_us

So I listened to Brad Riter do his Rex Ryan impression online where he called out WGR and vowed to "steal" all their talent.

Given his bravado, I thought: what the heck, I'll give WECK a listen on the drive home (yesterday).

So a little after 3PM I pop over to 1230, and who do I hear but DENNIS MILLER!

Are you KIDDING ME Riter? Afternoon drive time is some PRIME radio time, and rather than actually COMPETE with WGR's afternoon show you guys toss on some coma-inducing monotone blather from a guy who is smart but not at all interesting on the radio (IMO anyway).

Basically, Riter went on a Rex Ryan rant with the Carolina Panther's roster. It just made him look silly... to the 15 people who heard it.

If you went there looking for sports talk you will be disappointed even if you do catch it when Riiter is on. Seems just as stupid as GR's afternoon show to me.

I am a big fan of Brad's and I like his mix of topics. And, I also like GR's stuff like Ten Opinions.

Seems that most of the people on this board are looking for more sports talk. I'm not, and I think the numbers indicate people in general are not.

Sometimes Brad's big voice guy says something like "If you're not thinking about the Bills, Brad's not talking about them." And, it works almost 100% of the time for me. There are times, after a big game, draft talk, all types of things where I do want to talk about the Bills.

However, when a team plays 16 games a year, I sure don't need 200+ days of Bills talk. So, while I am a big fan of Weck and Brad, if you are looking for 24/7 sports talk, you are going to be disappointed.

So I listened to Brad Riter do his Rex Ryan impression online where he called out WGR and vowed to "steal" all their talent.

Given his bravado, I thought: what the heck, I'll give WECK a listen on the drive home (yesterday).

Are you KIDDING ME Riter? Afternoon drive time is some PRIME radio time, and rather than actually COMPETE with WGR's afternoon show you guys toss on some coma-inducing monotone blather from a guy who is smart but not at all interesting on the radio (IMO anyway).

Basically, Riter went on a Rex Ryan rant with the Carolina Panther's roster. It just made him look silly... to the 15 people who heard it.

Dennis Miller is da man! I found your post to be very boring and it almost put me to sleep.

Every time Dennis Miller opens his pie hole puke comes out of mine.

Miller is just lame. A once clever and funny comic now reduced to playing the Sammy Davis Jr. role in the right-wing Rat Pack.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I used to enjoy Miller, that is until he did NFL Monday Football. Now he's slid further into the abyss of the right-wing.

Politics, with the occasional celebrity interview.

There are obviously millions of people who disagree with me, but I think radio is a terrible format for politics. The only thing worse than listening to someone I disagree with is listening to someone I *do* agree with. I generally come away embarrassed to be affiliated with that host. It works well for interviews, but past that...ugh.

There are obviously millions of people who disagree with me, but I think radio is a terrible format for politics. The only thing worse than listening to someone I disagree with is listening to someone I *do* agree with. I generally come away embarrassed to be affiliated with that host. It works well for interviews, but past that...ugh.

I totally agree with you. It's so funny that you say that, because I can't stand the ones that I am on the same side of the aisle with even more than the other side, too!

I totally agree with you. It's so funny that you say that, because I can't stand the ones that I am on the same side of the aisle with even more than the other side, too!

I like to hear someone I agree with interview a politician - they'll ask the questions I want asked. But I don't care to hear them yell at me any more than someone who hates what I stand for, and it's always miserable to hear callers either suck up to the host or get berated.

What irks me about WECK is that it seems to be neither fish nor foul, meaning you don't know whether your getting news or sports talk. Now Brad thinks that's a selling point, how WECK isn't "boxed in" to doing just one thing. Sounds good in theory but McDonald's didn't get so big promoting that "you'll never know what you'll get."

PTR

It works for me. Today he talked the whole time about Pegula. That's what I wanted to hear. Do I want to hear a breakdown of last night's Sabres game in November. No. I think he's got his pulse on what people are interested in that day. If you want to hear 24 hour sports talk, which would bore me to death, get something cheap like pocket tunes on your phone and listen to espn radio or any of the other options.

It works for me. Today he talked the whole time about Pegula. That's what I wanted to hear. Do I want to hear a breakdown of last night's Sabres game in November. No. I think he's got his pulse on what people are interested in that day. If you want to hear 24 hour sports talk, which would bore me to death, get something cheap like pocket tunes on your phone and listen to espn radio or any of the other options.

Last summer Riter spent an hour talking about pizzerias in Geneseo. That pretty much killed it for me.

PTR