Pat Moran:inside source has us taking

BeastMode54

This kid can play. I loved Fairly in college, but might even prefer Jordan over him. This kid is a beast, with long strong arms, power, and acceleration. He plays hard. I think a lot of people are saying "don't take him at 3" purely based on some of the early mock drafts out there. Just because some "expert" has him going 10 picks later in the draft, doesn't mean he is a worse player (See Aaron Maybin, Mike Williams or any other touted high pick bust)

There has been talk of him being a top 10 or even top 5 pick, even if some mock drafts (which will change 30 times before the draft) have him lower.

i already know he'll fail since QBs that don't know how to read defenses is never successful at the next level. Which is why no option QB never succeeds in the NFL. :thumbsup:

Yeah, Vick was awful last year...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got no problem with any of these guys....JUST NOT AT THREE

For Christ sake......if you are going to do this....trade down.....TWICE Cam will still be there.

There is going to be a plethera of talent in the 2nd round of this draft

No John, you're wrong! Cam Jordan will NOT make it out of the TOP 10, and there is NOT a plethera of NFL ready 3-4 DE's in this draft! There is NO projecting with Jordan...he's not a kid that plays a 4-3 DE that projects to a 3-4 OLB in the NFL. For being around as long as you have, this was an extremely short sighted post on your behalf.

The problem for the Bills this year is that no player suitable for positions of real need this year rates a number 3 pick. So if the Bills can't trade down, they're going to wind up picking someone we're all going to say is a reach.

Still, Cam Jordan is a great player with those NFL "bloodlines."

Really dude? Considering there is probably 1 position on this entire team that couldn't use an upgrade, rather a comlimentary pick (NG-Williams), your statement is redonkulous!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Bill Polian was on the radio down here a few years ago and said this exact thing. He said that the combine and what not may move a player a few slots, but thats it. NFL draft boards are close to set long before the combine.

The only people who think a combine vaults a player from the 3rd round to the 1st are the moron draftniks with no sources (todd mcshay) and the guys posting from mom's basement (walter football).

And Bills' fans who saw Wade Phillips become enamored with Erik Flowers (whose value rose after the combine) and draft him in the 1st round??

I honestly would be happy with Jordan. Here me out:

- He isn’t a running back

- He isn’t a corner

- He isn’t a WR

- He is built like an NFL player at his position should be built.

- We wouldn’t have drafted a huge bust potential QB (like Gabbert/Newton)

- The best T in the draft is a RT and not worthy a top 15 pick – so its less of a reach there

- Fairley will likely be gone

- Jordan fits our 34 scheme better than Dareus or Bowers (at least according to the Bills if they make this pick)

- There is no superstar NG or LB to speak of.

- He has the bloodlines

- Very good for a long time -> low bust potential

I still prefer a couple trade backs like everyone else but I wont be too pissed if its Jordan over Dareus or Bowers if he truly is a better fit for the 5 tech. The only problem is the Bills same old staff is making the selection, so odds are he will be a huge bust!

Fairley is a lot like Suh and one could easily argue the Bowers and Quinn are elite pass rushers. Thats 3 guys right there that could be considered top picks without much exageration.

I think I agree 99.9% on your points. Im not sure I want Jordan that early still, but all your points are valid.

The only thing I would tweak, is I think the an average 34 end doesnt hold considerably more value then a RT. I want to stress the word considerably. I dont think either is a player I want to pick top 5 in an average year, but as things sit we might not have a QB, LT, or pass rusher at 3 that fits the "traditional mold" of what you look for in that pick... if we dont like cam, or quinn, i think its time to look hard and 34 end, and take the best one in the draft. (note, i really see fairley being a top 5 talent as a 43 DT, and not as the best 34 end -- i think he can do it, but i worry it wastes his strengths)

I agree as well.

If the draft went Fairely#1, Dareus #2, I'm starting think I would take Cam Jordan #3 if I were drafting for the Bills.

For this 1 reason. He has very little bust potential, imo. Worst case he'll be a serviceable D-Line player, and best case he's a bigger, stronger Kyle Williams. This team needs a sure thing and Cam Jordan has a very low floor.

Now if Dareus is on the board and we take Cam Jordan, I won't be psyched. I'll be following Marcell's career because I think he can be special but I can rest assure that the Bills have drafted a good player.

Is his father named Michael? What's the bloodline?

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Jordan_(American_football))

His father went to Brown? Buddy, Chan, and team got to spend a week with him so I'll trust they saw something special, maybe its smarts on top athletics.

Cam Jordan fits into the Bills draft history, they usually draft someone that can be taken 10 picks later. The Good news we're drafting a player at #3 and if we take Jordan that could be picked between 10-15 we're still in good hands. Instead of drafting 10-15 and taking a player that could be had 20-25.

I could be happy with Cam Jordan. The Bills need good players and Cam Jordan will be a good to great player.

Edited by Why So Serious?

He has very little bust potential, imo. Worst case he'll be a serviceable D-Line player, and best case he's a bigger, stronger Kyle Williams. This team needs a sure thing and Cam Jordan has a very low floor. I could be happy with Cam Jordan. The Bills need good players and Cam Jordan will be a good to great player.

Don't you mean that Cam Jordan has a high floor?

Id rather trade back for an ice cream cone.

I know.

I wish people understood that when you mention Jake Locker its read by anyone paying attention to the draft as "I have no idea what I'm talking about. ESPN told me he is good."

This board cracks me up sometimes.

Why do so many feel that...

(1) trading down is the end-all, be-all of draft options?

(2) trading down and still getting the player you covet is as simple as saying "abba cadabra, we're trading down"?

(3) a good player is somehow magically a better investment with a later pick? if a guy turns out to be a great player, who cares where you draft him? how many teams do you think would go back and draft Aaron Rogers with a top 5 pick even though they didn't rate him that highly in 2005? would he still be a reach?

That said, I do like Jordan. I think he'll be a very good player. I myself have reached the point where I won't flip out no matter who the team drafts at No. 3 overall until I've had a chance to see him play. I'm not going to bother losing my mind over a guy that could turn out to be a great player; nor am I going to get all agog over a guy that could potentially add nothing to the team.

Personally, I'd like a pass rusher because that's one of the 3 true impact positions in the NFL in my opinion (the others being LT and QB), but I won't lose sleep if they don't draft one at No. 3 overall.

Edited by thebandit27

My only issue with the Spiller pick last year is that they didn't give the chance to entertain offers from other teams by selecting Spiller the minute they were on the board. He was arguable the BPA at the time we picked.

However, if the Bills do indeed select Cam Jordan with the 3rd pick, he is more than arguably NOT the BPA on the board, at it means the Bills are giving away value when they could get a team to trade with them. Why select Cam Jordan at 3, when you can get him at (let's say) 8...even if you don't get full value on the trade chart from 3 to 8, you still get the player you wanted PLUS an extra draft pick or two.

IMHO, the secret to the draft isn't just in scouting talent, but in knowing (or divining or intuiting) what other clubs value as well...and then knowing how to get the most out of your position while still drafting the players you want.

Agreed -- for the most part. Where I do disagree is that they should NOT take less than market value to trade down. That works if they are certain to get the guy they are targeting (which they are NOT) -- or if they have multiple guys closely ranked one of whom they are assured will still be on the clock if they do miss out on Jordan (or whomever). But that's the problem: it really does seem like over the years the Bills have allowed themselves to fall too in love with the player they have decided on with their first pick -- and are reluctant to trade down as a consequence.

CNN SI has Cam Jordan ranked as the #6 overall rated prospect in the entire draft and the #1 rated senior. Take it for what it's worth:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/02/16/2011-nfl-draft-prospects/index.html?xid=si_nfl

I think especially without consensus on where Gabbert, newton, quinn, and miller fit, guys have a chance to vary widely in ranking right now. Some put those guys top 5, some not even top 10. A guy like Jordan that's relatively solid, if not slightly moving up could swing 6-7 spots. One teams reach could easily be value for another.

Edited by NoSaint