• Blaine Gabbert, Missouri.
    • Ryan Mallett, Arkanas.
    • Jake Locker, Washington.
    • Christian Ponder, Florida ST.
    • Andy Dalton, TCU.
    • Colin Kaepernick, Nevada.
    • Other.
  2. 2. What round do you take a QB?

There is no doubt that Ryan Fitzpatrick has earned the starting position for 2011. But I think the Bills will pick a QB to groom in the lower first, second or third round. I think that Chan Galley likes Christian Ponder, but it's Nix who will pull the trigger. Which one will be the face of the team for the future?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its Fitz for a few years. I just see too many holes in this team that are more pressing than QB right now. Is Fitz going to take us to the SuperBowl? Probably not. With a pass rush, a run defense and some better blocking from the OL will he take us to a 10-6 or 11-5 record? I really think so. That being said, if Chan decides that Newton has too much "upside" to pass on, then he is the pick at 3. As much as it scares, it excites me the same amount, if not more. The kid's talent is unmeasurable. He is like Vick, but accurate. Or McNabb, but able to win the "Big Games" that he played in. I really want Defensive Front 7 help at 3, but if we take Newton, I'll be excited about it.

There is no doubt that Ryan Fitzpatrick has earned the starting position for 2011. But I think the Bills will pick a QB to groom in the lower first, second or third round. I think that Chan Galley likes Christian Ponder, but it's Nix who will pull the trigger. Which one will be the face of the team for the future?

with the 1st pick of the 2012 NFL Draft.....the Buffalo Bills select:

Andrew Luck

Can any of these guys come right in and perform better than Fitz? If you don't think any of them can what do you do?

All of these QB's would require varying amounts of work before they can produce. That doesn't mean you don't take one of them because he'll take a year or two to develop. Fitz is a short term solution to our long term problem. He's going to be a free agent after next season I believe, so getting a QB in this draft to sit behind Fitz for a year is something we need to strongly look at.

A QB of the future is a far fetch for any of those QB's. Drafting any of them before the 3rd is silly. I'd take Ponder, perhaps,but not before the 3rd and he will not be there in the 4th.

Drafting Newton will not settle our needs, surely there will be another QB of his quality in the next year or two.

If you are looking for a QB of the future, you better believe he can come right in and start. If you don't believe that, the risk is too high. Besides the defense is what needs the most help. At #3 no way. Round 2-4 maybe.

Any QB coming out of college can come in and start. It doesn't mean they'll be successful. There's a learning curve when making the transition from college to the NFL. Throwing a QB out to the wolves as a rookie is never the best of ideas.

Personally, I wouldn't take any of these QB's in the first round. I would take a shot at Mallett if he lasted until our pick in the 2nd, but that likely will not happen. Ponder showed well at the senior bowl, and now everyone is jumping on his bandwagon. I'm not so impressed. He seems like a smart player, and makes good short to intermediate range throws. I question his ability to throw the deep ball, however, especially in the swirling winds at the Ralph.