How much?

Bills99999

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topps Supermarket...$8,000...1982

Read the instructions...I said Tops didn't count. I worked for the Central park Plaza Tops part time back in 1975 for $2.20 an hour bagging groceries and cleaning up after a pack of wild animals

My dog weighs 500, but at his height [36"] that's normal. Oh wait wrong thread :oops:

Hold off...I will start a new thread for dog weight

MediFast ... Not the most pleasant experience, but it works and gets the weight off fast.

I'm off it now, and am using Livestrong.com to track calories and exercise to get the last 10-15 pounds off.

I never heard of Medifast. Just looked it up - interesting........Thanks for the info!

$13, 750 or about $6.60/hr... And that was out of college! And this was 1990, Buftex... :P

Hydrographic Surveyor... US Federal gov't... US Army Corps of Engineers.

Damn greedy fed employees! They are paid WAAAY too much! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The only thing that kept me going was that I had to be on the road for 5 days a week anywhere from Toledo, OH to Watertown, NY and I would get per-diem and milelage... I could crash at my parent's on weekends or if I was 3 hours a way, stay at the job site.

Read the instructions...I said Tops didn't count. I worked for the Central park Plaza Tops part time back in 1975 for $2.20 an hour bagging groceries and cleaning up after a pack of wild animals

Hold off...I will start a new thread for dog weight

Ah.. Central Park Plaza! Remember it well... I would help out at a business (carpet/flooring store) there back in the late 1980's... Quite the stories to tell... Always somebody in the neighborhood looking to hustle a buck or some change for a bottle of cheap wine like Thunderbird... I think it was the Bells then (or was it still Tops?) there that I first learned what electronic theft protection was... They would put the devices on the good stuff like packages of meats... I still got a pair of channel locks that somebody sold me for a buck... Probably hot from the home improvement store in the plaza (was it Handy Andy?... I forget??)

Hey, our area's own favorite Teabagger, Carl Paladino, did some really wonderful work in that neighborhood back in the day too! The business I helped out at would sell him carpet for his local properties. He usually picked out the finest materials... :P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Back in 1996 right out of college, M&T Bank $20,500. The first year I was there I got a $1,000 bonus & I thought I was on top of the world. Went on a 3 day bender with some of my friends, blew it all & did not think twice about. I lived with my parents right out of college & had no bills. Funny thing is I make more then 4 times as much today then I did at that first job but I had more spending money back then. I guess that will happen when you have a wife, 2 kids, a mortgage you can not afford & degenerate gambling problem. Oh well, you only live once & you can not take it with you right?

My first "real" job was working in a recording studio (after 4 years in college and a B.Sc. in Sound Recording Technology.)

$5.15 an hour, plus paid health benefits (so it does count, I'm assuming.) Of course, I was often working 100+ hour weeks, and did get paid time and a half for anything over 40 hours, but there were other weeks I didn't work at all. In the end, it was very difficult to make ends meet on this wage in NYC. This was in 2002, and I ended up racking up $10,000 in credit card debt in two years, then finding a better paying and more steady job in 2005.

Edited by Captain Caveman

My dog weighs 500, but at his height [36"] that's normal. Oh wait wrong thread :oops:

:thumbsup::lol:

First time in a while here, someone actually made me laugh!

Oh sorry...it was a "real" as a job could be for me...I guess, at 45 I am still holding out for my first "real" job, if Tops doesn't count as "real".