Bills release 2 LB's today

SKRAAPY

I think they will load up on LB's in the draft .... makes perfect sense. The DLine is set with Wiliams, Edwards, Kelsay and the expected maturation of Troupe and Carrington. They could use a heftier starting NT (frees up Williams to play DE), but there isn't one in this draft. If they want they can go after Miami's for a price, or take a flyer on Shaun Rodgers for nothing.

Linebacker, the real core of a 3-4 scheme, is a complete mess. At ILB, we have no idea how Merriman will come back after injury, and we have no idea if Poz will even be on the team. We have no quality OLBs.

At the same time, there's no LB worthy of a top 3 pick.

So I hope the draft goes AJ Green Rd1, 3 LBs in our 4 picks in rounds 2 thru 4 (the other pick a RT), CB Rd 5, BPA rounds 6 & 7.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think they will load up on LB's in the draft .... makes perfect sense. The DLine is set with Wiliams, Edwards, Kelsay and the expected maturation of Troupe and Carrington. They could use a heftier starting NT (frees up Williams to play DE), but there isn't one in this draft. If they want they can go after Miami's for a price, or take a flyer on Shaun Rodgers for nothing.

Linebacker, the real core of a 3-4 scheme, is a complete mess. At ILB, we have no idea how Merriman will come back after injury, and we have no idea if Poz will even be on the team. We have no quality OLBs.

So I hope the draft goes AJ Green Rd1, 3 LBs in our 4 picks in rounds 2 thru 4 (the other pick a RT), CB Rd 5, BPA rounds 6 & 7.

You might be right of course. But I have a feeling Quinn will blow people away in Indy and shoot right up there.

With a draft of Quinn at 3 and Taylor at 34 I think our ilb and ends will look better quick.

KW- troup (Taylor)-- Edwards (carrington)

Quinn -- poz-- Davis -- merriman (moats)

Edited by NoSaint

Per Buffalo Bills text from 646-21. " The Buffalo Bills today announced that the team has released LB's Mike Balogun and Pierre Woods "

A couple of nobodys, but moves at linebacker are always good.

Balogun will be picked up by Pittsburg and end up with 14 sacks next season.

Phil Taylor would fill that role pretty nicely :thumbsup:

What's odd? Most players are not going to sign contracts at this time given the CBA negotiations.

I guess it is surprising to me that so many contracts were allowed to expire this year. We have a lot of mid-grade talent that is good to have on a roster and those guys are all FA's. Losing Whitner, Florence or Poz is understandable, but we have many more FA's this year on D that I was surprised to see. For the record, I would like to resign all 3. Poz 4 yr, Florence 2-3 yr, and Whitner, 2-3 yr w/optional 4th.

I don't mind Quinn in the first round, but I'd definately like to see an ILB taken in the 1st three rounds as well to push Davis.

Don't forget he was hurt last year. When healthy he's decent. I'd like a QB, TE, DT, OLB, DE and OL all more... Maybe even safety if whitner walks, or a corner if Florence is gone (not at 3) and vote for bpa pretty much across the board with FA filling in gaps after.

Assuming we resign poz though. Otherwise ILB becomes a big hole instead of room for upgrade position.

Edited by NoSaint