I was in Pittsburgh for the weekend

The city was covered in black and yellow but it wasn't anything like 3 years ago when they won their 6th championship. As I watched the game in a Steelers bar on the "Southside" of Pittsburgh - I was thinking about the Bills in the Superbowl - how much TV press they would get - and the respect.

Buffalo will do it better than Pittsburgh X 100. I know this for a fact.

I cannot wait until the draft and offseason knowing Fitz will have a WHOLE offseason under his belt with Gailey.

I can't help but wonder where this team would be now if we never wasted the draft pick, time and energy on Trent Check-down Edwards. I was never a fan of his, although I have met him and he is a nice kid.

Well, you can say the same for just about 75% of our draft picks this past decade. As for TE, all the tools and no ability to use them in a real game. Watched him in training camp and he looked all-pro. Live arm, accurate and athletic. The season starts and he's the same lame Trent. Well, it's over with and Fitz is a big step up. Hopefully we pick up the future in this draft and let Fitz school him.

Well, you can say the same for just about 75% of our draft picks this past decade. As for TE, all the tools and no ability to use them in a real game. Watched him in training camp and he looked all-pro. Live arm, accurate and athletic. The season starts and he's the same lame Trent. Well, it's over with and Fitz is a big step up. Hopefully we pick up the future in this draft and let Fitz school him.

Are you out of your cotton picking mind? I've got news for you, Ryan Fitzpatrick aint teaching @#$! to anyone of these snot-nosed rookie QBs in this years draft. Dude just threw 23 touchdowns in 13 games and nailed down the starting position for the first time in his 6 year career. He's going to be concentrating on winning the division, not babysitting.

The city was covered in black and yellow but it wasn't anything like 3 years ago when they won their 6th championship. As I watched the game in a Steelers bar on the "Southside" of Pittsburgh - I was thinking about the Bills in the Superbowl - how much TV press they would get - and the respect.

I cannot wait until the draft and offseason knowing Fitz will have a WHOLE offseason under his belt with Gailey.

Where were u at, Fatheads, Mario's, Piper's, Nakama, Doublewide, etc, etc....

Great places on the Southside, so many to choose from, excellent atmosphere,a little Collegiate, but very fun.

BTW, I have been to at least three of the AFC Championship games over the last 10-15 years, and I had extra tickets for the

San Diego one, I couldn't give them away, I was amazed. Don't be fooled, Steeler Nation is a bit of a myth, oh yeah, they travel, and they are loud and obnoxious, but you wouldn't belive the cannibalization that I am hearing down here now.

One bad loss, and the whole team's sexual orientation comes into question, we will be hearing that Tomlin is boinking his white secretary soon. Spoiled I tell ya!

Edited by Cookiemonster

Where were u at, Fatheads, Mario's, Piper's, Nakama, Doublewide, etc, etc....

Great places on the Southside, so many to choose from, excellent atmosphere,a little Collegiate, but very fun.

BTW, I have been to at least three of the AFC Championship games over the last 10-15 years, and I had extra tickets for the

San Diego one, I couldn't give them away, I was amazed. Don't be fooled, Steeler Nation is a bit of a myth, oh yeah, they travel, and they are loud and obnoxious, but you wouldn't belive the cannibalization that I am hearing down here now.

One bad loss, and the whole team's sexual orientation comes into question, we will be hearing that Tomlin is boinking his white secretary soon. Spoiled I tell ya!

I went to school in Pittsburgh 1975-1977, everything there was just a bit better than in Buffalo.. The museums, parks, art galleries, botanical gardens, all that stuff... But the football fans were idiots!! Always some guy drunk in a bar yelling "STILLERS!!!!" at the top of his lungs... I really liked those teams with Bradshaw and company, however when O.J. ran all over them I sat back and listened to the Pburgh fans whine and cry...

Nothing changes they are still the same bunch.. I have many friends still in the area and they talk about the defensive backs and now the offensive line.. Amazing, Buffalo fans hailed their team like conquering hero's after losing Superbowels.. That won't happen in Pittsburgh, ever!!

I went to school in Pittsburgh 1975-1977, everything there was just a bit better than in Buffalo.. The museums, parks, art galleries, botanical gardens, all that stuff... But the football fans were idiots!! Always some guy drunk in a bar yelling "STILLERS!!!!" at the top of his lungs... I really liked those teams with Bradshaw and company, however when O.J. ran all over them I sat back and listened to the Pburgh fans whine and cry...

Nothing changes they are still the same bunch.. I have many friends still in the area and they talk about the defensive backs and now the offensive line.. Amazing, Buffalo fans hailed their team like conquering hero's after losing Superbowels.. That won't happen in Pittsburgh, ever!!

I agree with everything that you state, especially the part about their fans, I actually like the team, it's their fans that I can't stomach. One correction though,they do not have any botanical gardens here that I am aware of, and if they did, no way it could be better than Buffalo's. Now, I was a kid when I lived in B'lo, so that could have something to do with it, as everything seemed grander when you are a kid. I don't care how many of them there are, our how loud and obnoxious they get, they do not come close to Bill's Fans.

I saw some local film when the Steelers returned from Dallas, there were maybe 100 people there to greet them. 90 of them were part of their extended families.

Edited by Cookiemonster

I agree with everything that you state, especially the part about their fans, I actually like the team, it's their fans that I can't stomach. One correction though,they do not have any botanical gardens here that I am aware of, and if they did, no way it could be better than Buffalo's. Now, I was a kid when I lived in B'lo, so that could have something to do with it, as everything seemed grander when you are a kid. I don't care how many of them there are, our how loud and obnoxious they get, they do not come close to Bill's Fans.

I saw some local film when the Steelers returned from Dallas, there were maybe 100 people there to greet them. 90 of them were part of their extended families.

I'm no expert on botanical gardens, but I think Phipps conservatory would qualify.

Phipps is world class.

I visited the Steel City this past November and made a stop at Phipps. It is a must-see. Very nice botanical garden.

Steeler Fever was in the air, and this was around Week 12 of the season. Everywhere you looked, people were wearing steelers jerseys. (I did not count how many Roethlisburgers there were :thumbdown: but I did see quite a few Polamalus :thumbsup: )

I think I limited my Bills garb to a scarf and hat . . .

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

The Steelers of the early 70's were all junked up on steroids. The first pro team on steroids before everyone all other teams copied them. I think OJ had one good run against the Steelers (90 to 95 yds) other than that he was mostly shut down and I don't recall a game we won. Terry B was the first to use steroids for injuries and the rest is history. Mike Webster's demise is a result of steroid use.

Wait..are we talking about the Steelers, or the Grateful Dead?

I think you guys are being a little hard on Steelers fans. In general, as a group, football fans of all teams are fickle, idiots...I count myself among them, don't get me wrong...some know their stuff, some love them when they win, and hate them when they lose...not the most sophisticated lot. While I have never been to Pittsburgh for a Steelers game, I can tell you, as someone who has been going to sports bars for about 25 years to watch the Bills week in week out, there is no stronger a fan base than the Steelers. And I live in Cowboys country...now those people are idiots!

The Steelers of the early 70's were all junked up on steroids. The first pro team on steroids before everyone all other teams copied them. I think OJ had one good run against the Steelers (90 to 95 yds) other than that he was mostly shut down and I don't recall a game we won. Terry B was the first to use steroids for injuries and the rest is history. Mike Webster's demise is a result of steroid use.

On 9/28/1975 O.J Simpson rushed for 227 yards and 1 touchdown vs the Pittsburgh Steelers... I sat in my dorm room at Point Park College watching the game and enjoying hearing Myron Cope whine in his heavy western Pennsylvania accent... It was amazing the way "The Juice" slashed his way through the vaunted Steel Curtain... The previous year in the playoffs, the Bills were handled easily and the Steeler fans expected the same that day.. It was awesome listening to them make excuses and B word about their defending Super Bowl champs..

I have no first hand knowledge of steroid use by the Pittsburgh Steelers. However if your facts about steroid use are as distorted as your memory of OJ's exploits, you might want to do some research before you post again!

I can't help but wonder where this team would be now if we never wasted the draft pick, time and energy on Trent Check-down Edwards. I was never a fan of his, although I have met him and he is a nice kid.

I will admit I was a believer in Trent for a period of time. The game where I really knew I was wrong about him was the MNF game against Cleveland where he threw three pics to begin the game. There is a youtube video I was watching yesterday which included a game from a few years ago where we whooped Miami. He was spot on in that game and he actually threw the ball downfield. As I watched I kept thinking 'why couldn't we have seen this TE more often?'

I live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh and the entire city was black and gold for much of the playoffs right up to the Super Bowl. The morning after the SB I went to the gym and they had already taken down all of the black and gold balloons and Steeler stuff that had decorated the front desk/entrance area. And while I proudly wore my Bills sweatshirt (as I do virtually every day the weather calls for one) I swear without exaggeration I did not see a SINGLE person with ANY Steeler apparel on whatsoever.

Me personally, I would take great pride in the fact that my team had just played for the championship of the NFL and would have whole heartedly worn Buffalo Bill gear the day after the loss (hell...I wear it whole heartedly after ANY loss). It just showed me how fickle the fans here are. With all the "Stairway to Seven" and "Knockin on Seven's Door" crap going on and the way I heard the fans talking, it was a given to them they had it won.

I deal with these fans here every day of my life. I know I'm in the minority here, but I hate the Steelers more than the Patsies*, and it is directly attributed to their obnoxious, ignorant fans. So when I stood on the front porch of my house after the game and let out a primal, inhuman roar that lasted an estimated 15-20 seconds (a lifetime in my mind) while the dejected Steeler fans left the SB party a few houses down the street, I thought to myself the only time I'll scream more euphorically is when the Bills finally bring it home.

Until then I'll PROUDLY wear my Buffalo Bills gear.