I was in Pittsburgh for the weekend

I live in the South Hills of Pittsburgh and the entire city was black and gold for much of the playoffs right up to the Super Bowl. The morning after the SB I went to the gym and they had already taken down all of the black and gold balloons and Steeler stuff that had decorated the front desk/entrance area. And while I proudly wore my Bills sweatshirt (as I do virtually every day the weather calls for one) I swear without exaggeration I did not see a SINGLE person with ANY Steeler apparel on whatsoever.

Me personally, I would take great pride in the fact that my team had just played for the championship of the NFL and would have whole heartedly worn Buffalo Bill gear the day after the loss (hell...I wear it whole heartedly after ANY loss). It just showed me how fickle the fans here are. With all the "Stairway to Seven" and "Knockin on Seven's Door" crap going on and the way I heard the fans talking, it was a given to them they had it won.

I deal with these fans here every day of my life. I know I'm in the minority here, but I hate the Steelers more than the Patsies*, and it is directly attributed to their obnoxious, ignorant fans. So when I stood on the front porch of my house after the game and let out a primal, inhuman roar that lasted an estimated 15-20 seconds (a lifetime in my mind) while the dejected Steeler fans left the SB party a few houses down the street, I thought to myself the only time I'll scream more euphorically is when the Bills finally bring it home.

Until then I'll PROUDLY wear my Buffalo Bills gear.

I live a little further south than you, but your story is exactly my interpretation of Stiller fans,let the canibalization begin.