Marcel Dareus - Can someone please explain this to me ...

sirebors

I would love for the Bills to draft Marcel Dareus. But can someone please explain this to me ???

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2011/mockdraft/1.html

Marcel Dareus and JJ Watt second or third round picks ??

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2011/players/9929.html

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2011/rankings/dt/

http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2011/rankings/de/

Seems a little off. That said, TSN and their preview magazine are the most accurate year after year. Lindys and ESPN appear more accurate right around the draft, and do a better job projecting where guys will go, but if you want to know where guys should go, TSN is the best source. I Hung on to old draft mags since 2000 just to see which were the most accurate and TSN is way ahead of everyone else.

But also remember we are still early in the process, combine is yet to come, so everyone's rankings are bound to shift a bit.

Seems a little off. That said, TSN and their preview magazine are the most accurate year after year. Lindys and ESPN appear more accurate right around the draft, and do a better job projecting where guys will go, but if you want to know where guys should go, TSN is the best source. I Hung on to old draft mags since 2000 just to see which were the most accurate and TSN is way ahead of everyone else.

But also remember we are still early in the process, combine is yet to come, so everyone's rankings are bound to shift a bit.

ESPN analysts are notorious for hyping up certain players to try and affect their draft stock. I forget where I read it but some draft analysts (can't remember who) does this all the time when a player's agent tells them to. Notice how guys like Blaine Gabbert aren't even mentioned about going in the top 5 and suddenly out of nowhere, POOF!

I was asking a simple question? You can keep your rude comments to yourself.

Don't worry bout that clown.

It is a good question since that seems quite undervalued. I wish i had a good answer, but i suppose everyone judges talent differently.

Thanks for posting the links.

Drop for what reason? Marcel Dareus looked totally dominant and unblockable in the Capital One bowl game.

Perceived value by those who own the right to pick players in the Draft. That reason.

As much as most players are liked by some, the people who make the picks could have a different opinion on "their draft board".

If they don't fit what they have planned for their team to be doing - they'll pass on him.

They'll also pass if they're set at that player's position and have a greater need in another area and there's someone on "their board" that they have rated at similar - or higher value.

Hey it happens just about every year. Like I said.

I didn't say that Dareus was going to drop out of the First Round. I think that's bone crunching stupid.

But there will be players still available in the low first and high second that might shock some.

Think of it this way - virtually every year there are two or three big reaches in the top third of the Draft.

Off hand, I can think of a half dozen that The Bills have pulled.

Don't you think some other GMs were delighted we left "their guy" on the board?

Perceived value by those who own the right to pick players in the Draft. That reason.

Yep. Remember last year, Clausen and McCoy were can't fail 1st round picks? According to Kiper Clausen was just as talented or maybe more as Bradford.

And Tebow would be a 2nd round pick, after Colt McCoy and Clausen.

Didn't work that way, did it?

Drop for what reason? Marcel Dareus looked totally dominant and unblockable in the Capital One bowl game.

Seems to me the off field stuff plays the largest role. How motivated is the kid when no ones watching? What will he do when a bucket of NFL money is delivered to his door? Are there any other personal factors that that need to be taken into account? These off the field questions cannot be seen in the game film. I believe Buddy has seen enough players succeed and fail to guide our scouts on what is important and what is not. The next two years will clarify how much Buddy knows. I like our last two drafts much more than the 3 or 4 before them.

I was asking a simple question. You can keep your rude comments to yourself.

Easy there. There was no disrespect intended. Can't a guy have a little fun with a post? What your supposed to do is come back with something better and more clever to make it a challenge. Again, don't get your panties in a bunch over it.