What should we do for the QB position?

We draft a QB to replace Brohm, consider PS'ing Brown or trading him and/or look for a FA to bring in. If Carson Palmer would be willing to sit on the bench I would be willing to bring him in for 2nd string money. I would like to see us head in to camp with 5 QB's, Fitz, Brohm, Brown, a FA, and a mid-to-late round draftee. I am not opposed to Ponder, if he makes it to the 3rd, after seeing some of the Senior Bowl but I would not like to start him any time soon.

If we think we have a rough problem, Miami is in a much worse place. They know they need a QB. They have no clear cut options with their draft pick to land a good QB. Picking 15th they may not have a chance to get Locker and may have to draft Newton, or worse, spend the pick on Ponder early. They would probably like to put in some claims for Palmer or Kolb but might not be able to afford either unless contracts are restructured.

As far as the Bills, I wouldn't waste our breath on QB. On offense our priorities go in order: TE, OT, WR, RB. I would like us to sign a guy who can do what Darick Holmes used to do, give us a big body to change up and break the middle once in a while.

I don't entirely agree with your list of offensive priorities. To me, the #1 priority for the offense should be getting a franchise QB. Yes, Fitz is good enough to get you by for now, but he's not the long-term answer. If the Bills have a chance to take a franchise QB, they should pull the trigger!!

I'd also argue that getting a RT is more important than a TE. If your TE is lousy you can always throw somewhere else instead. If your RT is lousy your QB gets sacked and your RB gets stopped for a loss. If I were the Bills, I'd do the following.

1. BPA (except for RBs and DBs)

2. Ponder or a RT

3. Defensive front-7

I don't entirely agree with your list of offensive priorities. To me, the #1 priority for the offense should be getting a franchise QB. Yes, Fitz is good enough to get you by for now, but he's not the long-term answer. If the Bills have a chance to take a franchise QB, they should pull the trigger!!

I'd also argue that getting a RT is more important than a TE. If your TE is lousy you can always throw somewhere else instead. If your RT is lousy your QB gets sacked and your RB gets stopped for a loss. If I were the Bills, I'd do the following.

1. BPA (except for RBs and DBs)

2. Ponder or a RT

3. Defensive front-7

Ponder just screams backup at best to me. I don't see much upside with him in the 2nd.

Fitz starts next year no question...

I assume Brohm won't be around next year (but who knows) and I'm not sure how they feel about Brown. But...

Do not go after Kolb (do we really know what we'd get? And for what price? QB controversy, etc.) or Young (headcase...no thanks)

If at anytime during the draft you feel that a QB is a value pick there (according to your own board only), then you draft them

(be it 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 7th round), although it seems there might not be a QB who is a value pick at #3.

If you draft a guy you like, that you think could fill in next year if Fitz gets hurt, then you roll with Fitz, Draftee, and Brown/Brohm.

Or if you're not happy with Brown/Brohm's progress then you maybe pickup a young, low priced FA to teach up and for emergencies as your #3.

If you don't draft a QB or you're not sure the QB you drafted would be ready to step in if Fitz went down, then you pickup an

experienced FA as your #2, like Collins, Boller, Bulger, Gradkowski, and then have your draftee (if you picked one) or Brown/Brohm (if you didn't) as #3.

I think you will still be able to pickup one of those types of FA QBs after the draft (that is if the CBA gets resolved and we have a normal FA), so you can

take a wait and see approach if you're thinking about drafting a QB somewhere.

Regardless of how Fitz plays next year, if you don't draft a QB this year, you look to draft one next year to start grooming behind Fitz (if he plays well)

or replace Fitz (if he doesn't play well).

I'll be the one to ask and can't wait for the mixed opinions... With Kolb allowed to be shopped and Youngs future is unknown, do we take one of these guys or do we stick to the draft for the QB position?

Draft another late round pick,dump Brohm,groom Brown for 3-4 years down the road.If I remember correctly we had Jim Kelly and Frank was older than him. When Kelly Retired we had no proven QB's.Everybody knows the story from there. Fitz isnt Kelly but I do believe that if he stays in there we can win with improved lines. Time to groom the future. Enough of the rejected Qbs from other teams. Bills need to stop changing what they have and build on what they have.

I like the idea of going with Fitz as the starter next year. Sign a FA QB to back him up. Someone like Alex Smith, Troy Smith, Marc Bulger, etc. Don't trade for anyone. Then either have Levi or someone we draft as 3rd string. Ponder maybe. He seemed to work good with Coach Gailey at the Senior Bowl.

I am pretty excited to see what Fitzpatrick can do with an entire offseason and preseason to prep as a starter going into a season. I really think you need a veteran backup (I really like Bruce Gradkowski but he's a RFA) and spend the #3 pick on a D-lineman and try building up our run defense.