Which Super Bowl Combination Do You Most Want?

99 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the teams

• Jets - Bears
    • Jets - Packers
    • Steelers - Bears
    • Stealers - Packers
    • Don't Care

Tough call.

On one hand I'm sick of seeing Steelers and don't think they really deserve to be there.

On other, how can a Bills fan root for Jets?

In the NFC, I think Packers are the better and more interesting team, but if we have Bears - Jets, for example, then you introduce a "New York vs Chicago" city rivalry, complete with ample trash talking.

I'm probably going for Packers - Jets, as I think they're simply the two best teams left.

This means both road teams would have to win.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Tough call.

On one hand I'm sick of seeing Steelers and don't think they really deserve to be there.

On other, how can a Bills fan root for Jets?

In the NFC, I think Packers are the better and more interesting team, but if we have Bears - Jets, for example, then you introduce a "New York vs Chicago" city rivalry, complete with ample trash talking.

I'm probably going for Packers - Jets, as I think they're simply the two best teams left.

This means both road teams would have to win.

:worthy: That's my choice - Packers-Jets.

First, I picked Pats over Saints when the playoffs started.

Next, I picked Pats over Packers after the WildCard Games.

Now, I have Packers over Jets after the Divisional games.

And you're right, both road teams would have to win, but here's a first....and I doubt anyone would have to look it up to prove it although I have not done that: How about both number 6 seeds playing eachother in the SB??

Jets (6) Vs. Packers (6)

You know what this proves to me? It's time to scrap divisional winners getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs over Wild Card teams with better records!

Obviously, it was ridiculous for the Saints to have to travel to Seattle after finishing 5 freakin' games better then them during the long arduous regular season. And both these WildCard teams with zero chance of playing a home game this season - Jets and Packers, are rounding out as the very best teams in each conference anyway!

Starting next season, sure, give the crappy divison winners their division championship banners and of course let them make the playoffs. But heading into Wildcard weekend, the two division winners and two wildcards should get re-slotted based on regular season records, and then the division playoffs and Championship games need to follow suite as well.

The Bears brought Seattle back to earth in a big way yesterday. But how pathetic would it have been for the Packers to have to travel out to Seattle for the NFC Championship game with a solid 12-6-0 record and two great road playoff wins under their belts, against the loudest crowd in the NFL, that roots for the team with the 9-9-0 record???

:worthy: That's my choice - Packers-Jets.

First, I picked Pats over Saints when the playoffs started.

Next, I picked Pats over Packers after the WildCard Games.

Now, I have Packers over Jets after the Divisional games.

And you're right, both road teams would have to win, but here's a first....and I doubt anyone would have to look it up to prove it although I have not done that: How about both number 6 seeds playing eachother in the SB?? Jets (6) Vs. Packers (6)You know what this proves to me? It's time to scrap divisional winners getting home field advantage throughout the playoffs over Wild Card teams with better records!

Obviously, it was ridiculous for the Saints to have to travel to Seattle after finishing 5 freakin' games better then them during the long arduous regular season. And both these WildCard teams with zero chance of playing a home game this season - Jets and Packers, are rounding out as the very best teams in each conference anyway!

Starting next season, sure, give the crappy divison winners their division championship banners and of course let them make the playoffs. But heading into Wildcard weekend, the two division winners and two wildcards should get re-slotted based on regular season records, and then the division playoffs and Championship games need to follow suite as well.

The Bears brought Seattle back to earth in a big way yesterday. But how pathetic would it have been for the Packers to have to travel out to Seattle for the NFC Championship game with a solid 12-6-0 record and two great road playoff wins under their belts, against the loudest crowd in the NFL, that roots for the team with the 9-9-0 record???

Wow, didnt think of that. Most likely a 1st

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Motivated partially by my intense mindless hatred of the Jets (I never in my lifetime want to see the Jets in the Super Bowl again. Never. Ever. Ever. Ever.), and partially by historical curiosity, I want to see Steelers-Packers. Two historic championship franchises meeting for massive bragging rights. Could be epic.

Steelers-Bears would be cool too.

But please God. Please. No J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets in the Super Bowl. The universe would collapse under the hype, then be swallowed up by Rex Ryan after his wife stomped all over it with her pretty feet. De Profundis clamo ad Te, Domine!

Don't care for any of the teams left standing - not that I did for any of their last opponents either.But I'd like to see the Jests in the big game and will relish the media meltdown in NY if they lose - which I think they and their HC Bigfoot will do if they play a healthy GB.Don't have much against Chicago, except I think Cutler would let the NYJs get into his head. The Jests winning would be the worst possible outcome IMO, followed by another Stealers win.

Qui respondit cupian maxime calamitatis et Salit. Sint in stadio enim fieri.

Edited by Nanker

Pittsburgh: Another title? No thanks. Let's go back to the Cowher days when they used to blow AFC Championships at home.

Jets: Highly entertaining; plus a SB loss will crush their fans the most so let's have that happen please.

Bears: Meh. Who cares.

Favre: HOF douchebag -- would love to see another shovel of dirt on his legacy by having Rodgers win a couple SBs for the Pack.

Conclusion: Green Bay 27 Jets 24 :thumbsup:

Pittsburgh: Another title? No thanks. Let's go back to the Cowher days when they used to blow AFC Championships at home.

Jets: Highly entertaining; plus a SB loss will crush their fans the most so let's have that happen please.

Bears: Meh. Who cares.

Favre: HOF douchebag -- would love to see another shovel of dirt on his legacy by having Rodgers win a couple SBs for the Pack.

Conclusion: Green Bay 27 Jets 24 :thumbsup:

That works for me. GB 35 Jests 3 is better, but I won't quibble as long as the J-E-S-T-S lose lose lose.

I picked Steelers/Packers for the Super Bowl, way back...that said, would like to see the Bears and Steelers. I have come to loathe the Jets (even more than the Pats), and I just admire, year after year, the way the Steelers find ways to win...in the NFC, I don't dislike the Packers, but one of my best friends is a Bears fan...so I am pulling for the Bears.

No matter how it shakes out, I can take anyone but the Jets, to win the damn thing...interesting that we have the Packers, Bears and Steelers in the final four...three of the most storied teams in the sport...

Edited by Buftex

The Bears bore the PISS out of me.

If they make the Bowl, it'll partially ruin the game for me.

PACKERS ALL THE WAY. As for the AFC, if the Jets are going to talk trash more and make the game even more interesting, I wouldn't mind that. I also wouldn't mind seeing the Steelers do their thing. Big Ben is one of the premier post-season QBs so it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers beat the Jets.

Just as long as the Packers win, I'll be happy.

That may be true. But before the playoffs started, the only thing I wanted to see was the Patriots lose. I wanted their fans to start to wonder whether they'll ever get that fourth Super Bowl trophy (and first post-Spy Gate one).

For granting me my sole playoff wish, I am indebted to the Jets and they will have my allegiance.

J-E-T-S Jets Jet JETS!