flacco crapping the bed

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Flacco was not impressive, but I've always thought he was a 2d tier QB at best so I wasn't surprised. Of course, his WRs were pathetic so that didn't help. I'm not sure why Boldin even bothered to show up.

I thought Baltimore got hosed on that punt return penalty. Looked to me like the Steeler guy knew he wouldn't get him so he took a charge from his blocker NBA style to draw a flag.

The Ravens need work in the secondary; they were very suspect on the deep balls and gave up a number of 3d and longs.

But wow...fun game. I hope they are all that good.

p.s. I guess the Steelers did ok in the last two drafts, huh? They had first and second year guys all over the field.

Flacco didn't play well but I put this game on the coaching staff and how they game planned for the Steelers. Everyone knows this year, you can move the ball EASILY against the Steelers defense by spreading them out with 4 and 5 wr sets and throwing down field. They are suspect at the CB position. Setting up the run in the 2nd half with the passing game and passing a lot. I don't even recall a 4 wr set that they used in this game. You can't win against the Steelers with the power running game and dinking and dunking with Ray Rice. It reflects in the loss and the statistics.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Flacco didn't play well but I put this game on the coaching staff and how they game planned for the Steelers. Everyone knows this year, you can move the ball EASILY against the Steelers defense by spreading them out with 4 and 5 wr sets and throwing down field. They are suspect at the CB position. Setting up the run in the 2nd half with the passing game and passing a lot. I don't even recall a 4 wr set that they used in this game. You can't win against the Steelers with the power running game and dinking and dunking with Ray Rice. It reflects in the loss and the statistics.

haha; sure, that works if you're the patriots and have Brady and a great line. No one else can do that on the steelers.

this is the kind of game you change quarterbacks over going forward. Would not shock me if they brought in mcnabb

Are you really saying it would be a good move to bring in McNabb to compete with Flacco? LOL! Flacco wasn't the main issue with this game. With the flawed gameplan that was installed, WR's like Bouldain and Houzmanzada made crucial mistakes, with Bouldains in what should have been a sure touchdown. Rice's fumble was also very costly which really turned the momentum to the Steelers.

this is the kind of game you change quarterbacks over going forward. Would not shock me if they brought in mcnabb

He's still very young, but I agree, they may need a change there. That 3rd quarter was just brutal... the look on RayRay's face on the sidelines said it all, he knew they were screwed without a real QB... another golden opportunity pissed away.

The Ravens WRs dropped balls that hit them in the hands. Ray Rice was mostly useless in protection and couldn't find a hole with a flashing arrow leading the way. Steelers players stepped up and made simply amazing plays. The game plan of going with 13 personnel and trying to blow back the Steelers was a totally uninspired Cam Cameronism. The officiating suffered, ahem, a little home cooking. And, yes, Joe Flacco threw some bad balls.

Yeah. You can't gameplan around running the ball against the Steelers and using power formations. 4-5 wrs, shotgun and throw, throw, throw. If the Jets win against the Pats, I see them losing to the Steelers. If the Pats beat the Jets, pats will beat the Steelers because of their spread offense. Steelers have been shown to be weak in defending this style of offense all year.

DVR'd the game…was gonna watch it after the Packers-Falcons.

I thought that maybe Flacco was poised to take the next step today based on last week.

Kansas City really roughed him up and was attacking him before Flacco raised his game and played a great 2nd half last week. He actually made plays with his feet and head, ad-libbing nicely several times.

I thought the biggest difference by far between Baltimore and Kansas City was that Flacco was SO much better than Matt Cassel.

I'm surprised to hear that he played so poorly today.

I did hear that Flacco's receivers dropped a bunch of passes today, that the gameplan sucked, that there was a Ray Rice fumble, a horrible call on a punt return, and that the Ravens defense was ordinary.

If Flacco did indeed suck, it's a miracle that the Ravens were even close in that game.

Obviously you didn't watch the Buffalo game and many other games vs the steelers this year.

I've actually seen every bills game this year and just about every steelers game over the last 5 years since I live in Pittsburgh. In fact I was at the steelers/pats game. Other teams can't do what the pats do to the steelers. if they could, then the steelers wouldn't win 12 games.