Von Miller's potential in the NFL

1billsfan

Any A&M players that you do hope the Bills select at some point in the draft?

Miller is the only NFL talent graduating. They have underclassmen with potential. Jeff Fuller (son of the 49ers Jeff Fuller) is a great receiver, on par with A.J. Green and Julio Jones. He would be a steal if he declares. Uses his body very well to screen off defenders. Whenever A&M needed a 1st down, Fuller was their guy. He handled Patrick Peterson from LSU pretty well in the Cotton Bowl.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller is the only NFL talent graduating. They have underclassmen with potential. Jeff Fuller (son of the 49ers Jeff Fuller) is a great receiver, on par with A.J. Green and Julio Jones. He would be a steal if he declares. Uses his body very well to screen off defenders. Whenever A&M needed a 1st down, Fuller was their guy. He handled Patrick Peterson from LSU pretty well in the Cotton Bowl.

Handled? I’d say he completely owned Peterson. That’s assuming the guy you are talking about is the mysterious WR #8 that played in that Cotton Bowl. Either Peterson is an Ashton Youboty level CB or WR #8 is Jerry Rice reincarnated….

He is the perfect LB for us, a senior who has produced multiple years. The only problem is he is 6'3 240lbs. He plays OLB standing up, puts his hand down, drops in coverage...he is not Maybin other than his frame.

He is rated around 10th overall, but fits us perfectly. IMO he is better than Robert Quinn.

weight screams inside backer

Handled? I’d say he completely owned Peterson. That’s assuming the guy you are talking about is the mysterious WR #8 that played in that Cotton Bowl. Either Peterson is an Ashton Youboty level CB or WR #8 is Jerry Rice reincarnated….

Peterson is overrated from what I've seen of him. I don't get the hype. He's good, not great. He's a big CB, and I think that's what everyone's enamored with. A&M did not throw to Fuller as much as they should have in the Cotton Bowl. Peterson's reputation is way more than his play.

What I have seen of Von Miller is that his motor is not always going ... when he wants to make plays he seems to increse his intensity but frequently he is sitting back if a "big play" is not within sight.

I frankly would be worried about picking him up with the #3 pick.

I agree with this. While watching the bowl game versus LSU, Von seemed to consistently give up on plays which were slightly out of his range. He did not consistently play until the whistle, and quite frankly, looked lazy at times. He clearly has the speed to get around the edge and rush the passer (although this will likely be more challenging in the NFL), but I have serious questions about him in run support. Seems like he would be easily "handled" by opposing offensive tackles, Full Backs, Tight Ends, etc... His challenges versus the run were also very evident during the LSU game.

I just can't see him as a top 5 pick. There are very similar prospects such as Dontay Moch who will likely be available in the 2nd-3rd round range.

youtube.com/watch?v=qoQII6vrPHE&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1

Vs. Colt McCoy led Texas Longhorns.

Form your own opinion.

LOL, looks even more like Maybin than he did in the Bowl Game. No thrilled about how he regularly runs himself out of the play, and then takes the rest of the play off. Saw that in the Bowl Game too, as well as taking plays off that went to the other side. I had to sit until 2:30 of that movie before he even made a tackle.

Hopefully he DOES go in the first and causes another OLB to slide to us in the 2nd.

We'd be better off with Newton, if given the choice between the two players.

I have been really impressed by Fuller. He did a really nice job against Patrick Peterson. Reminds me a lot of Eric Moulds the way he uses his size and bulk to screen off defenders.

I like him a lot and think the Maybin comparisons are way off. For one thing, he dominated for two years, not just one like Maybin.

I think the term "dominated" is a little mis-used when referring to either Miller or Maybin. Miller has played solidly. But I have yet to find even 1 game where he "dominated" and changed the whole game in favor of A&M.

If anyone knows of one, Im all ears/eyes. But based on his college career, I'd say he has played "pretty well", but not dominated.

Nick Fairley DOMINATED the Championship game.

Patrick Willis used to DOMINATE at Miss

Havent seen that from either of those guys.

I think the term "dominated" is a little mis-used when referring to either Miller or Maybin. Miller has played solidly. But I have yet to find even 1 game where he "dominated" and changed the whole game in favor of A&M.

If anyone knows of one, Im all ears/eyes. But based on his college career, I'd say he has played "pretty well", but not dominated.

Nick Fairley DOMINATED the Championship game.

Patrick Willis used to DOMINATE at Miss

Havent seen that from either of those guys.

Don't know if you watched it but I thought Miller dominated the Nebraska game this season.

Plus, 17 sacks last season and 10 more this season. Domination occurred at some point along the way.

Don't know if you watched it but I thought Miller dominated the Nebraska game this season.

Plus, 17 sacks last season and 10 more this season. Domination occurred at some point along the way.

I did not catch that game, but I will try to find some clips from it. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

As far as the sacks go, I think the breakdown of Robert Quinn's sacks showed us not to get too excited by a number. Stats only go so far, you have to watch the kid play over a multiple games.

There may have been a flash of Domination in there, but it's not consistent and neither has been Miller's play.

Even though Im the first to admit I could be wrong, Im just not sold on him after what Ive seen.

Umm, small, explosive and fast. All good for a safety and sounds too much like Maybin for my tastes. Let's get some damn beef in here that can blow up an OL!

Am I reading the wrong height and weight numbers on him? Same height and 12 pounds lighter than Clay Matthews. I know builds can very widely but he isn't very small. 6'3" 243 isn't small. At 21 and 243 he could be at 260 by time he sees the NFL next year with a good training regimen. Like I said though I haven't seen much of him.

Am I reading the wrong height and weight numbers on him? Same height and 12 pounds lighter than Clay Matthews. I know builds can very widely but he isn't very small. 6'3" 243 isn't small. At 21 and 243 he could be at 260 by time he sees the NFL next year with a good training regimen. Like I said though I haven't seen much of him.

Clay Mathews was 240lbs at the combine.

I live in Texas and am actually a huge Texas A&M fan considering my sister and brother-in-law both graduated from there. Also growing up in Texas with many ties in Buffalo, in Texas you are either a Longhorn or an Aggie no question, bottom line. The other universities around Texas are just fodder (i.e. Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, and even TCU). With that said I have seen Von Miller his whole career and this guy is a stud. Kinda small and his position on the roster is called the JOKER. He lines up at either DE or OLB and the Aggies play a 3-4 base defense. This guys motor never stops. Against the Sooners this year he alone was responsible for 2 goal line stands (one in the fist half and one to close the game out). I would love to have him in a Bills uniform on the other side of the real Merriman (what a lethal duo would be fun to watch). If we have the possibity to trade out of the 3rd pick and have a chance to land him before the Pats pick then I would jump all over that. He was hampered with an ankle injury earlier this year but once healed WOW. He was also fun to watch last year as a straight DE when they ran the 4-3 base.