Elway's new approach

clancynut

John Elway has ushered in a new era of transparency in Denver. Posting pre-interview videos with coaching candidates and sending out twitters about other candidates. I think this is a really cool way to show the inter workings of the Broncos organization.

sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/New-Broncos-organization-reaching-out-in-unique-?urn=nfl-306025

Edited by wnybillsfan11

I just ran across this article and thought I would share the link. I like the new approach the Broncos and Elway have to doing business and wish the Bills would follow suit. It would be interesting to get more insight into how the organization thinks. Enjoy the read.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/New-Broncos-organization-reaching-out-in-differe?urn=nfl-306025

It's cool they're reaching out with the social networking sites

It's great to get insight into what management thinks. I am not sure the Bill's would follow suit since most of their upper level management is a little bit older than the current social networking generation.

Maybe that's why everyone is bailing on a HC interview there.

Something is wrong whenever top coordinators refuse to interview for a HC position. I think the issue in Denver is Pat Bowlen is now far less of a presence than he used to be. Two years later, he realized this was a mistake and re-ordered the situation by hiring the most famous Bronco of them all in Elway. Aside from the age difference, this decision is similar to RW hiring Marv. Both men were respected in their most famous roles, but neither were trained to handle personnel. I think this is one of the reasons people are refusing to interview because a HC needs someone above them who is experienced in personnel.