Fairley vs Newton

beggar13

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And there's the knock on fairley - 15 yards.

Followed by the sack of course.

Knock.. :censored:? I'd love to have a defensive lineman that plays mean! This team needs someone with some attitude and fire.

Yup, they didn't forget to block him on that one -- not that it made any difference.

Yea but.... a 15 yarder and 1st down, a sack is comparatively smaller. In my book atleast, both big plays tho. The whole auburn D-Line has been dirty and had anger issues-- I like the fire but they have had ejections, suspensions, and a number of penalties.... Coaches MUST clean that up.

And cam must hit that throw.

Knock.. :censored:? I'd love to have a defensive lineman that plays mean! This team needs someone with some attitude and fire.

Yea but I want control. How pissed will you be when you get a stop on 3rd and long and his late hit or shoving gives away a first down on a game winning drive ala incognito and the rams losing repeatedly due to his temper.

Passion, fire and aggression must be focused and controlled. You can't just do whatever you want.

Yea but I want control. How pissed will you be when you get a stop on 3rd and long and his late hit or shoving gives away a first down on a game winning drive ala incognito and the rams losing repeatedly due to his temper.

Passion, fire and aggression must be focused and controlled. You can't just do whatever you want.

Let's not get carried away. One personal foul doesn't exactly put a guy in Richie Incognito territory.

That's not attitude and fire, that's just stupid mental breakdowns.

Agreed. That fire had two of their lineman suspended for (part of?) the bama game for repeated garbage time fights while ahead by about 20 with a minute left the game before.

Kinda like Bruce with all his offsides. He'd get called quite a bit. But, if he's makin sacks, I can live with it.

Now I agree, the guy needs to play with some discipline and not make stupid penalties. But, I like the attitude.

Let's not get carried away. One personal foul doesn't exactly put a guy in Richie Incognito territory.

So I guess you did not watch the Georgia game? It's been one of, if not the biggest red flag on him. Notice the announcers immediately mentioned dirty play all year?

Edited by NoSaint

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but Fairley has a well-established reputation for personal foul penalties.

So it's not one personal foul.

I'm reminded of 2002 when the Titans drafted Albert Haynesworth in the 1st round.

Except the Titans risk was less that ours is at #3.

The Titans drafted Fat Albert at #15.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but Fairley has a well-established reputation for personal foul penalties.

I'm reminded of 2002 when the Titans drafted Albert Haynesworth in the 1st round.

Id say hes more a Vince Wilfork than a Hayensworth.

Hayensworth is a head case because of off the field issues, even though it carries onto the field.

Wilfork and Fairley and just mean, nasty players.

Id take them for our Dline anytime.

Right - and a guy can't help from the sideline if he's suspended ala Albert, or someone takes out there knees as revenge. There sacks become meaningless if they get a personal foul a play later. He's a stud no doubt, but that aggression needs to be better managed. I think the auburn line has illustrated a coaching issue with this regard. I hope it can be coached out of him.

let's see.

A dominating front 7 player where are biggest weakness is our front 7 on d.

Or a project QB that is looking terrible tonight where the performance of our QB is passable. Fitz makes our offense better (especially our line). A project QB will not do that.

Ok, no offense but exactly how is Cam looking terrible? I don't see it...

Kinda like Bruce with all his offsides. He'd get called quite a bit. But, if he's makin sacks, I can live with it.

Now I agree, the guy needs to play with some discipline and not make stupid penalties. But, I like the attitude.

I have to disagree with both of your points, Dan.

Firstly, pass rushers get called for encroachment because they're trying to get that razor thin advantage on the man trying to block them. AND, it's a 5 yard infraction.

Personal foul has nothing to do with competitive advantage and everything to do with a failure to control your temper and as a result, letting your team down, AND, it's a 15 yard infraction.

Secondly, I'm wondering what "attitude" you like in Fairley. Is it the "me first, I can't control my temper so I'll hurt my team attitude?"

There's lots of aggressive, hard-nosed players like Ray Lewis who don't commit personal foul penalties.

Fairley is a major talent. But so is Albert Haynesworth. I would only take a guy like Fairley if he was head and shoulders better than the alternative.

Fairley is a major talent. But so is Albert Haynesworth. I would only take a guy like Fairley if he was head and shoulders better than the alternative.

Haynesworth anchored some pretty good defenses on a team that went to the playoffs several times. I'd be thrilled if the Bills got an Albert Haynesworth.

Firstly, pass rushers get called for encroachment because they're trying to get that razor thin advantage on the man trying to block them. AND, it's a 5 yard infraction.

Personal foul has nothing to do with competitive advantage and everything to do with a failure to control your temper and as a result, letting your team down, AND, it's a 15 yard infraction.

Secondly, I'm wondering what "attitude" you like in Fairley. Is it the "me first, I can't control my temper so I'll hurt my team attitude?"

There's lots of aggressive, hard-nosed players like Ray Lewis who don't commit personal foul penalties.

My Bruce reference was in relation to a player giving up penalties at bad times, but making up for it with big plays at other times. Yeah, it's only 5 yards, but on 3rd and 4 that's still a first down. No worries though, bad analogy perhaps.

I agree. His temper needs to be coached out of him. But, I'm not seeing any references to Haynesworth. But, I still say give me a big mean guy that plays mad on the line any day over the wusses we have now.

I'll agree with all your points, and say, he might be much better.

I'll also reiterate that his coaches may be ok with the extracurriculars as setting an attitude. It's the entire Dline and has been all year. If it wasn't accepted in the program, there would be consequences. From what I've seen from afar, and heard from friends at auburn.... There haven't been. The actions may be less selfish and more a coached "get in there head" approach that sometimes dances on the edge.

Ok, no offense but exactly how is Cam looking terrible? I don't see it...

No one said he's terrible, he just looks like a typical run-first college QB who only throws downfield if a guy is wide open (and he badly overthrew the last guy who was five yards behind the defense). Yes, he's very good at it, but people talking like he is some all time great and a sure-fire NFL star is puzzling to say the least.