Sheriff Clarence W. Dupnik

eiregi

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your not going to shoot me for my misplaced post?, I thought 'off the wall' didn't involve the Bills... my bad

Maybe Politics Polls and Pundits?

By the way, before this gets moved, I thought the remarks the sheriff you seem to admire and "needed to be said" on the day of a tragedy where remarkably insensitive, uncalled for and absolutely ignorant.

Maybe Politics Polls and Pundits?

By the way, before this gets moved, I thought the remarks the sheriff you seem to admire and "needed to be said" on the day of a tragedy where remarkably insensitive, uncalled for and absolutely ignorant.

Not surprising...

His outright falsity of blaming the political right for this shooting... needed to be said?

Newsflash - the suspect has been described by people who knew him as "very liberal."

I guess the sheriff saw one person shooting from the hip yesterday and then decided to join in.

His outright falsity of blaming the political right for this shooting... needed to be said?

Newsflash - the suspect has been described by people who knew him as "very liberal."

I guess the sheriff saw one person shooting from the hip yesterday and then decided to join in.

Do you have a link to that story?

So youre saying its a coincidence a Congresswoman's office that had been vandalized after the health care vote, and a judge who has ruled in favor of immigrants, that these people were randomly targeted?

To say that talk radio and the language of reload, our society is falling apart, activist judges are destroying the country, all that type of nonsense had no part in this? you are living in a fantasy world. Yes, it does take someone who is disturbed to do such things.

So youre saying its a coincidence a Congresswoman's office that had been vandalized after the health care vote, and a judge who has ruled in favor of immigrants, that these people were randomly targeted?

To say that talk radio and the language of reload, our society is falling apart, activist judges are destroying the country, all that type of nonsense had no part in this? you are living in a fantasy world. Yes, it does take someone who is disturbed to do such things.

You're asking him to prove a negative.

Instead of demanding proof that the assassin isn't a teabagger, why don't you find some evidence to support your claim?

Edited by /dev/null

You're asking him to prove a negative.

Instead of demanding proof that the assassin isn't a teabagger, why don't you find some evidence to support your claim?

I just posted this in another thread. He has anti government views, believes very many things are unconstitutional, has reported ties to American Renaissance a group that is anti semite and anti immigration,

He killed people who supported immigration and health care.

btw thats not asking him to prove a negative, he can prove it by showing something that says otherwise.

Posted it yesterday in the main thread. It went noticeably ignored, as it seems unconscionable to many that a liberal would try to kill a Democrat. Just as, back in '96 to everyone's chagrin, Yitzak Rabin's assassin was a fellow Jew. People were almost disappointed that it wasn't a Palestinian / Arab b/c that would've boiled the pot over; since it wasn't, it was quite forgotten w/in a few months. And I'm sure that once it's widely know the shooter is a leftie, the blame game ride will come to a quick stop.

Just goes to prove that line about assumptions.

I guess Sheriff Dupnik, like many others, has yet to learn that Hate and Crazy don't carry a political party affiliation.

NYT: Arizona Suspect’s Recent Acts Offer Hints of Alienation

Another former high school classmate said that Mr. Loughner’s politics were left of center, and that he may have met Representative Giffords, who was shot in the head outside the Safeway supermarket, sometime before the attack.

As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy,” the former classmate, Caitie Parker, wrote in a series of Twitter feeds Saturday. “I haven’t seen him since ’07 though. He became very reclusive.”

Edited by UConn James

I just posted this in another thread. He has anti government views, believes very many things are unconstitutional, has reported ties to American Renaissance a group that is anti semite and anti immigration,

He killed people who supported immigration and health care.

btw thats not asking him to prove a negative, he can prove it by showing something that says otherwise.

The far-right does not have a monopoly on those views, particularly anti-Israel / anti-semitism (see Sheehan, Cindy and a media that bends over backwards to report on the Palestinian plight --- including the specious 'They targeted PLO ambulances!' to-do that was disproved to anyone with eyes --- and ignores daily rocket launches into Haifa, Tel Aviv, etc.).

I have seen nothing where the sheriff blamed any political party--just that he mentioned vitriolic speech and its consequences. Is there a quote where he blamed the political right?

I also have seen nothing describing the suspect as a liberal--again, please point to this.

Thanks.

I have seen nothing where the sheriff blamed any political party--just that he mentioned vitriolic speech and its consequences. Is there a quote where he blamed the political right?

I also have seen nothing describing the suspect as a liberal--again, please point to this.

Thanks.

Sometimes you do not have to have the writing on the wall to read between the lines. The history of the fella can lead anyone with half a wits sense to a conclusion. I am not going to look for a link, I have seen enough to draw my opinions that the guy is a a pretty far left liberal and is using politic-speak to place blame. What he should do, being an officer of the law is simply say "the guy was a whacko, we will continue to investigate this and turn it over to the prosecutor. At this time we will provide no more information." Then he goes back to doing his job instead of trying to be the next Sheriff Hege.

Sometimes you do not have to have the writing on the wall to read between the lines. The history of the fella can lead anyone with half a wits sense to a conclusion. I am not going to look for a link, I have seen enough to draw my opinions that the guy is a a pretty far left liberal and is using politic-speak to place blame. What he should do, being an officer of the law is simply say "the guy was a whacko, we will continue to investigate this and turn it over to the prosecutor. At this time we will provide no more information." Then he goes back to doing his job instead of trying to be the next Sheriff Hege.

But he didn't blame the Right, at least not in any article that I've read, and that's what I'm inquiring about. Is there any evidence of that at all? (If so, I won't be happy about it.) All I see is that he called for reason. I don't care what his political affiliation is, calling for reason seems like a good idea here. Officers of the law tend to do that, you know? I don't think the guy is a "far left liberal," either, although I do know that he disagreed strongly with Arizona's immigration policy. (You don't have to be too much of a liberal, or even a liberal at all, to see the economic impact on his department that he was complaining about.)

But he didn't blame the Right, at least not in any article that I've read, and that's what I'm inquiring about. Is there any evidence of that at all? (If so, I won't be happy about it.) All I see is that he called for reason. I don't care what his political affiliation is, calling for reason seems like a good idea here. Officers of the law tend to do that, you know? I don't think the guy is a "far left liberal," either, although I do know that he disagreed strongly with Arizona's immigration policy. (You don't have to be too much of a liberal, or even a liberal at all, to see the economic impact on his department that he was complaining about.)

Cops asked to enforce a law? No wonder he was upset. Calling for reason? Are there ongoing riots?

Cops asked to enforce a law? No wonder he was upset. Calling for reason? Are there ongoing riots?

Haha. As for ongoing riots, there have been verbal riots going on for more than a decade. Needs to stop. That was his point.

Anyway, all I really asked for was (1) a quote where the sheriff blamed the Right for inciting the attack and (2) something showing that the suspect is a liberal. Seeing nothing, I'm going to have to assume that UConn just made it all up.

As for my own politics, I'm pretty middle of the road. That's why all the vitriol pisses me off; it prevents real dialogue. I would have been disappointed to learn that this sheriff had blamed conservative groups, but it doesn't look like he did.

He's been EXTREMELY consistent in blaming the Tea Party for racism and bigotry in Arizona. It's not a stretch to interpret his comments as blaming the right; quite the contrary, it's rather difficult, given his consistency of equating Tea Partiers to bigotry, to interpret them otherwise.

He's been EXTREMELY consistent in blaming the Tea Party for racism and bigotry in Arizona. It's not a stretch to interpret his comments as blaming the right; quite the contrary, it's rather difficult, given his consistency of equating Tea Partiers to bigotry, to interpret them otherwise.

Here's the quote I've seen: “There’s reason to believe that this individual may have a mental issue. And I think people who are unbalanced are especially susceptible to vitriol,” he said during his televised remarks. “People tend to pooh-pooh this business about all the vitriol we hear inflaming the American public by people who make a living off of doing that. That may be free speech, but it’s not without consequences.”

Look, I think anyone who spends his or her time being inflamed by Limbaugh is a complete idiot, but I think the same of anyone who spends his or her time being inflamed by Olbermann. (The only difference between the two is that Olbermann makes a better sportscaster.)

I can't see anything in the quote above that points to any party at all. And the guy is right on: all of this vitriol does have consequences. Not just the violent consequences that we may or may not have seen yesterday, but also the consequence of stifling intelligent debate.

Gotta say, I'm digging into PPP for the first time, and all I see are people entrenched on one side or the other.

Anyway, it still appears that UConn was just making it up.

EDIT: Also, maybe the Tea Party is stirring up bigotry in Arizona. I don't know. If it is, it should stop.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Haha. As for ongoing riots, there have been verbal riots going on for more than a decade. Needs to stop. That was his point.

Anyway, all I really asked for was (1) a quote where the sheriff blamed the Right for inciting the attack and (2) something showing that the suspect is a liberal. Seeing nothing, I'm going to have to assume that UConn just made it all up.

As for my own politics, I'm pretty middle of the road. That's why all the vitriol pisses me off; it prevents real dialogue. I would have been disappointed to learn that this sheriff had blamed conservative groups, but it doesn't look like he did.

Can you provide a link that it was the right who influenced the guy? A reference saying he acted on behalf of those on the right or one that he was acting alone even?