Arizona congresswoman among 18 shot at Tucson grocery

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if you can find any I'd love to see some examples.

My bad. I mistook you for someone who wasn't an ignorant, partisan moron who thinks only the other guys say offensive, inappropriate things that some lunatic could possibly take way out of context.

Not that there is any evidence whatsoever that any such statements influenced the shooter.

But go ahead and get your fill of examples

I wrote the same thing upthread, that from the reading list you can tell there's obvious loose wiring. Some people are just continuing to parrot the false assumption that the shooter must've been a rightie or affiliated with Republican groups b/c the victims were left-of-center. It can't compute to them that what was on display was the politics of Crazy.

You know what's truly scary? I just read something explaining how Loughner was programmed under NASA's MK-ULTRA mind control program to assassinate Giffords to protect the Mexican cartels.

So apparently, as crazy as Loughner is, he's not the nuttiest nut in the peanut bag. :wacko:

You know what's truly scary? I just read something explaining how Loughner was programmed under NASA's MK-ULTRA mind control program to assassinate Giffords to protect the Mexican cartels.

So apparently, as crazy as Loughner is, he's not the nuttiest nut in the peanut bag. :wacko:

Wait, you mean that's not what happened? :unsure:

My deepest sympathies to those who were killed or wounded and their families.

I read this thread with curiosity because, as a Canadian, I am not exposed to the deep division between right and left. Having experienced union backlash and the recent G-20 summit held in Toronto, I think it is fair to say that extremism is prevalent on both ends of the political spectrum.

Having said that, the fact that many people on this board are once again politically divided over this topic, which I am sure is happening all across America, is perhaps giving this lunatic exactly what he intended....further polarization of left and right.

This is a time to mourn and galvanize the masses, not get caught up in petty political posturing.

That's what you would think would happen. However, as you can already ascertain from reading this thread... it won't.

Was this guy nuts? I think that goes without saying. What normal, sane person shoots anyone in the head; let alone everyone he sees? Was this guy influenced by the highly polarized political rhetoric that we've all been exposed to on a 24/7/365 basis? Most likely.

That's the problem though. The rhetoric in this country has become so polarized that it's reaching a point of no return. I asked this months ago and got exactly the answer expected... is there anything that Obama could do that the Republicans would like? Conversely, is there anything that Palin could do that the Democrats would like? The answer is more and more.. No. Both sides have been spewing hate and hyperbolic vitriol for so long that its going to be extremely difficult for anyone to tone it down and acknowledge the other side has a good idea.

I give Obama credit for at least trying. He's tried to make overtures for civility. He's tried to meet with both party leaders. And in all cases it's' fallen on deaf ears - by both sides. I just wish more political leaders would follow his lead and stop painting the world as black and white, good and bad and tone down the extreme mis-characterization of everything. This country is weaker because of it.

Agree with your points but a peanut is a legume so it might better compare to Sage's lentils.

"Beaniest bean in the peanut bag" doesn't work quite as well, though...

But I reserve the right to use that from herein. :lol:

That's what you would think would happen. However, as you can already ascertain from reading this thread... it won't.

Was this guy nuts? I think that goes without saying. What normal, sane person shoots anyone in the head; let alone everyone he sees? Was this guy influenced by the highly polarized political rhetoric that we've all been exposed to on a 24/7/365 basis? Most likely.

You know what, though? I have to question how much the mainstream political rhetoric, divisive though it is, contributed to this nutjob's views. If I had to pigeonhole him into any sort of source of views, I could only go with the Lyndon Larouche/Jeff Rense/Art Bell/PrisonPlanet.com sort of sources. By everything I've seen so far, Loughner's just so rambling, incoherent, and completely out to lunch that I question whether or not he's ever been exposed to any mainstream sources to any real degree.

I've known (in person, not just you !@#$heads here) some REALLY politically extreme people on both sides of the spectrum. Generally their views, no matter how stupid, ignorant, or disgusting, are at least coherent and self-referentially consistent. Loughlin gives no indication of that...he's seems entirely more of the Charles Manson/Ted Kaczynski school of crazy.

You know what, though? I have to question how much the mainstream political rhetoric, divisive though it is, contributed to this nutjob's views. If I had to pigeonhole him into any sort of source of views, I could only go with the Lyndon Larouche/Jeff Rense/Art Bell/PrisonPlanet.com sort of sources. By everything I've seen so far, Loughner's just so rambling, incoherent, and completely out to lunch that I question whether or not he's ever been exposed to any mainstream sources to any real degree.

I've known (in person, not just you !@#$heads here) some REALLY politically extreme people on both sides of the spectrum. Generally their views, no matter how stupid, ignorant, or disgusting, are at least coherent and self-referentially consistent. Loughlin gives no indication of that...he's seems entirely more of the Charles Manson/Ted Kaczynski school of crazy.

I agree with you, mostly. The guy definitely seems like a complete and total nutjob with views and beliefs all over the spectrum. Therefore, I wouldn't blame just one source for his actions. It's not just Rush or Beck or Olberman or Dobbs or take your pick... it's all of them. It's also most all of the politicians in office and those running for office. It' almost impossible to not be exposed to extreme anti-establishment blabbering - some quite extreme.

So, take a completely unbalanced individual that has extreme anti-government, anti-world, anti-social views and expose him to repeated hate speech and you're just winding his time bomb. Perhaps the guy would have done this regardless; but certainly a steady stream of hate-filled name-calling and extreme rhetoric by people (pundits and politicians) doesn't help.

I'm not sure how exposed this idiot would have been to all this; so you could be right there. Perhaps we'll learn more; although I kinda hope not. I really dislike the 24/7, tell us everything about this guy, and make him some sort of bizarre celebrity that is surely to follow.

I'm not sure how exposed this idiot would have been to all this; so you could be right there. Perhaps we'll learn more; although I kinda hope not. I really dislike the 24/7, tell us everything about this guy, and make him some sort of bizarre celebrity that is surely to follow.

And all the victims, don't forget that. They're already starting to beatify the 9-year old girl because she was born on 9/11/01...they'll probably end up naming the Safeway after her, just for that.

And all the victims, don't forget that. They're already starting to beatify the 9-year old girl because she was born on 9/11/01...they'll probably end up naming the Safeway after her, just for that.

Good point, although I'd rather hear about the victims than the victimizer. Still though it would be nice to not run the entire thing into the ground.

Good point, although I'd rather hear about the victims than the victimizer. Still though it would be nice to not run the entire thing into the ground.

9-Year-Old Victim Was a 9/11 Baby, a ‘Face of Hope’

Christina Green was special from birth because she was born on Sept. 11, 2001, and was proud of it, her mother said...

Special from birth? A 'Face of Hope'?

I could vomit... :wallbash:

Why has there not been one post mentioning all of the extremist Dems saying they wish Bush would have been shot?

How many of us heard it? "Bush is a terrorist and should be executed." "He is putting our troops on the front line to get killed and someone should shoot his arse." "Someone should shoot that bastard?"

Why is it that when these were said it was freedom of speech and just an expression? If someone said that Obama should be shot you're instantly a racist, because you could have no worthwhile benefit for wanting to take such action? I mean, anyone who wants to kill someone to prove their point of further their agenda is a nut-job, but it doesn't make them intolerant or a racist.

That people have politicized this shows just how sick of a country we are; I do not care if this is linked to a big conspiracy where Bush is married to Palin and is the father of her kids while Cheney has been planning to be King, either way it is disgusting to so blatantly cry foul on the other team when both parties are one in the same.

Why has there not been one post mentioning all of the extremist Dems saying they wish Bush would have been shot?

How many of us heard it? "Bush is a terrorist and should be executed." "He is putting our troops on the front line to get killed and someone should shoot his arse." "Someone should shoot that bastard?"

Why is it that when these were said it was freedom of speech and just an expression? If someone said that Obama should be shot you're instantly a racist, because you could have no worthwhile benefit for wanting to take such action? I mean, anyone who wants to kill someone to prove their point of further their agenda is a nut-job, but it doesn't make them intolerant or a racist.

That people have politicized this shows just how sick of a country we are; I do not care if this is linked to a big conspiracy where Bush is married to Palin and is the father of her kids while Cheney has been planning to be King, either way it is disgusting to so blatantly cry foul on the other team when both parties are one in the same.

I've attempted to state that it's both sides that are taking their comments to the extreme. Both sides should tone down their completely polarized rhetoric. Did any of this actually serve as a motive for this nut? I don't know yet. However, I think the point remains, and this act just highlights the hatred that is being spewed, that there's a growing trend to polarize everything to the extremes.