Arizona congresswoman among 18 shot at Tucson grocery

The fact that you're politicizing the death of 6 people (including a small girl) makes you a reprehensible person in my book. Quit the agenda for just a half a second and have some !@#$ing respect.

Hedd's...uh...yeah.

There's just certain people here - of which Hedd is a great example - who think the best thing in the world is something that validates their warped point of view. Hedd would celebrate a nuclear war, as long as a Republican president was in the White House.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True enough. Like I wrote, an interpretation of each particular work of his favorites book list is not my point... it's more about the complete mish-mash and competing ideologies. I would imagine the suspect's head is every bit as mish-mashed. There's loose wires everywhere.

Can we stop this train before it derails? Many people died. Including a 9 year old girl.

Let's keep the religious nonsense out of here. I'd love to say let's keep the political nonsense out as well but by the nature of the event I'm afraid that's not possible.

I would hazard to say that this wasn't particularly religious or left-right political in nature. There's some spouting on his site about a new (global?) currency, which has the hallmarks of anarchism.

You know, we could go around and around everything, but at the end of the day, it was one person who inflicted injuries and death on innocents. Sometimes there isn't a set-in-stone 'Why.' At its heart, it was simply an act of hatred.

[partly copied from my post on the OTW forum]

[The suspect's] reading list / favorite texts is just a complete mish-mash in a 'Fifteen of these things are not like the others, fifteen of these things do not belong' --- Mein Kampf, The Communist Manifesto, among others --- which might be an indication of what his head is. It just speaks to me of a very directionless person whose only real direction was acting on Hate. It's being said the suspect is virulently anti-bible/religion, his videos also feature stuff about a new (global?) currency, etc. Very weird.

If I had to guess, I don't think we're talking about right or left here; he has all the hallmarks of an anarchist who hates any kind of organized society.

It's beyond stupid to link this lone wolf to a political designation. It would seem he didn't exactly believe in the political/democratic process. Count on Bishop to hit below the belt every time. If this were a Republican politician shot by a minority, vouchsafe that these conclusions wouldn't be thrown out so fast by him and several other posters here. Why don't we wait until we know something?

That said, I am very uncomfortable when politicians/parties/media use that kind of language during election seasons. It was completely inappropriate before this, and one would hope these dumb catch phrases get rooted out.

Of course what you're saying may be correct, but I'd love to see your take if it were an eco-terrorist or some PETA activist.

Of course what you're saying may be correct, but I'd love to see your take if it were an eco-terrorist or some PETA activist.

Idiots are idiots.

I was always under the impression that anarchists were far-left, anyway.

Idiots are idiots.

I was always under the impression that anarchists were far-left, anyway.

I think they're something of a blending of the extreme far-left who are anti-business/globalism and the extreme-far-right who are anti-government. If you think of the political spectrum as a circle, I kind of picture them hovering near both 0* and 180*.

I think they're something of a blending of the extreme far-left who are anti-business/globalism and the extreme-far-right who are anti-government. If you think of the political spectrum as a circle, I kind of picture them hovering near both 0* and 180*.

I tend to picture the political spectrum as a line, and guys like this on a completely different and perpendicular line.

That's blatent politicizing of religion! Shame on you!

Besides, Jesus never spoke out against slavery. You call that liberal?? :doh:

Wow, way to make an ass out of yourself. This is not really about politics and anyone that tries to make it so is contemptible in my book. Way to be a complete and utter scum. Mods, go ahead and send this thread to PPP, so I can express my contempt in stronger language.

This guy was just bat-schitt crazy..and as my wise wife said tonight...."crazy aint political."

This is a National Tragedy and those who try to use it for political gain of any sort in the coming days should be excoriated.

Edited by RkFast

This guy was just bat-schitt crazy..and as my wise wife said tonight...."crazy aint political."

all violence against office holders is by definition political. they are victims of violence as a consequence of there public service. they would not be targeted if they weren't in politics.

did you think the murdered abortion doctor was randomly chosen for attack just because it was a nut that killed him?

we don't know much yet about this horrible act. but i think everyone can agree that the vitriol spread by the vermin on hate radio doesn't help foster civil discourse in politics or life in general.

Edited by birdog1960

When will the violence from the right end?

NYT: Arizona Suspect's Online Trail Offers Hints of Alienation

Another former high school classmate said that Mr. Loughner’s politics were left of center, and that he may have met Representative Giffords, who was shot in the head outside the Safeway supermarket, sometime before the attack.

As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy,” the former classmate, Caitie Parker, wrote in a series of Twitter feeds Saturday. “I haven’t seen him since ’07 though. He became very reclusive.”

Once again, Bishop, you've just proven yourself to be a complete sh---for-brains.

Are they reporting why he did it??? Somewhere I caught that the perp was a 22 year old male.

And for all the people who think crazy is not political... Think again.. Crazy can be political and usually is... All ends of the political spectrum.

Supposedly the gunman wrote:

"In one of several Youtube videos, which featured text against a dark background, Loughner described inventing a new U.S. currency and complained about the illiteracy rate among people living in Giffords' congressional district in Arizona. Two spellings of his last name were given in the aftermath of the shooting -- Loughner and Laughner."

"I know who's listening: Government Officials, and the People," Loughner wrote. "Nearly all the people, who don't know this accurate information of a new currency, aren't aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I have my civil rights, then this message wouldn't have happen (sic)."

Yep.. The guy is a loon... He does seem very politically motivated though.

I wonder if this will put the kabosh to things like "Congress on Your Corner" that others may have planned?

And this is very much political until all the facts prove otherwise... Nothing short of an assassination attempt. There is a history of violence against this congresswoman:

"Giffords, 40, who just started her third term in Congress, was reelected in November after defeating Republican and Tea Party favorite Jesse Kelly by a margin 49 percent to 47 percent.

A moderate Democrat, Giffords has drawn the ire of the right, especially for her support of the health care bill. Shortly following her vote in favor of the health care reform law last March, her office in Tucson was vandalized, leaving the front door smashed.

Giffords was also in news this year for being one of three Democrats who received a donation from liberal MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, which led to a short suspension for the host from the cable channel."

For the record:

When I mean political, this can be LEFT as much as right.

:(

Neither did Democrats.

Because Democrats back then were the Conservatives...Jesus is a person and not a party

Wow, way to make an ass out of yourself. This is not really about politics and anyone that tries to make it so is contemptible in my book. Way to be a complete and utter scum. Mods, go ahead and send this thread to PPP, so I can express my contempt in stronger language.

One of Tom's suck offs is angry, OMG! Ha ha!

Are they reporting why he did it??? Somewhere I caught that the perp was a 22 year old male.

And for all the people who think crazy is not political... Think again.. Crazy can be political and usually is... All ends of the political spectrum.

Supposedly the gunman wrote:

"In one of several Youtube videos, which featured text against a dark background, Loughner described inventing a new U.S. currency and complained about the illiteracy rate among people living in Giffords' congressional district in Arizona. Two spellings of his last name were given in the aftermath of the shooting -- Loughner and Laughner."

"I know who's listening: Government Officials, and the People," Loughner wrote. "Nearly all the people, who don't know this accurate information of a new currency, aren't aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I have my civil rights, then this message wouldn't have happen (sic)."

Yep.. The guy is a loon... He does seem very politically motivated though.

Sounds like a gold bug loon. The right wing has been reaping the harvest of economic ignorance. He's been fed anti-Fed propaganda from the right, no surprise